smarty revo, stacked?

Hmm forrest why dont you have a use for mp-8s? LOL i think i remember now haha

Man, I had it on the truck and would always forget to turn it up when I was playing around. And when I would turn it up, I didn't really notice a while bunch. Yes I realize it might have shown on the dyno or a timeslip, but it wasn't enough for me to take note.

Then it glitched out during a flood when it got wet and almost stranded me. Once it came off, it never went back on. If the thing was weather proof, I might run one again, but with just a standard molex plug, I'm out... I know this is COMPETITION Diesel, but my trucks are daily drivers :eek:

Last edited:
I think aftermarket fuel systems are snake oil often times... The whole air separation thing came about when it was theorized that cavitation was what was killing VP44 trucks. Turns out the VP44 trucks were just pieces of ****.

but once you've convinced people to buy them for their VP trucks, might as well keep convincing them to buy them for their CR trucks, right? :D

I don't have a low pressure gauge. All I care about is rail pressure. Duramaxes don't even come with a lift pump from the factory, the CP3 pulls all the way from the tank. The CP3 is a very tough pump. I would be surprised if I had 1psi at WOT on the low side, but if I've got 25k at the rail, that's all I care about.

The factory water separation works great. I always inspect fuel before I fill up my truck with it and won't put suspect fuel in the tank. I realize that the factory 7 micron filter isn't the greatest thing on earth, but I've never had a problem. YMMV

FWIW, I can't stand the noise of the FASS/Air Dog systems. If I ever put a non-factory style pump on one of my trucks, it'll be a 255 Walbro

The new raptor 150's are whisper quiet, and how do you inspect your fuel? You squirt a little on the ground or what? Fwiw my brothers 04 had/has a stock fuel sysytem and runs a tnt/dr performance stack and has never had any issues....

The new raptor 150's are whisper quiet, and how do you inspect your fuel? You squirt a little on the ground or what? Fwiw my brothers 04 had/has a stock fuel sysytem and runs a tnt/dr performance stack and has never had any issues....

Gotta pour some on the curb for the homies.

k cool. for some reason when i plugged in my mp-8 it wouldnt let my truck start, i tried resetting the battery, and setting my smarty back to stock, and then plugging it in, but for some reason it still wouldnt let my truck start, any ideas anyone?

stock fuel system seems wired to me .. my factory lift pump would make 8 to 10 psi at idle and i could pull it to 2 psi on my jrs 70 setting. if i put the jr up to 100 and floored it you could noticably feel it fall on its face. added a raptor 150 and now i can run 100 and no problems .