Smarty TNTR - the newest one

dodge05cr

Granny Shifter
I DO NOT get the injection timing at all. In your instructions it says #2 is for NOS. #3 is for huge injectors and #4 is for aftermarket injectors. Well Im running dual cp3s and exergy 120% over with motorsport 7 hole nozzles. Im getting a rattle around 2000-2300 rpms. If i run the NOS setting and an even number catcher it seems to run the best with barely any rattle. BUTTTT why does 3 AND 4 have less timing than NOS. Shouldnt 4 have more timing than 2 and 3?? Im so confused and tuning my truck is becoming a nightmare.

Are you talking about TNTR software? If so 1-stock 2-default(most timing) 3-aftermarket sticks (less timing than default) 4- NOS (least amount of timing-less than stock timing)

Are you talking about TNTR software? If so 1-stock 2-default(most timing) 3-aftermarket sticks (less timing than default) 4- NOS (least amount of timing-less than stock timing)

idk what ur talking about?? The special software upgrade for revo tntr as of May 2012 says differently..

Last edited:

Bob...
What are you talking about,this is not correct if your going off the latest updates.Is it possible that someone posted the incorrect sheets for the latest updates that came up in May?.

Here is the exact instructions right from your own website.....

Newest TNT/R Timing settings with the May 16th updates.....
Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 – for use with NOs
# 3 - for huge aftermarket Injectors ( less than level # 2 )
# 4 – for aftermarket injectors ( less than level # 3 )

The older Timing Settings for the last TNT/R file,the one which was right before this May 16 update....
Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for aftermarket injectors
# 3 - for Hugh aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 – for use with NOs ( less timing advance than level # 3 )

Pat has a terrible rattle with any timing setting other than level 2(which is supposed to be the most on the new file..S06 to S06 POD TNT/R).Trying to run the correct setting has his truck rattling like someone is beating it with a hammer inside and it does not go away.If what your telling him is correct then all of the current instructions are incorrect and we all need to redo our tunes.It also explains much of what I have seen with my truck lately when it strapped down.

Shed some light on this with which is the correct timing settings as it would be greatly appreciated.

I think it's a typo, as what Bob posted is logical and what is on the .pdf is not.

The order of most to least timing is 2,3,4,1.

Aftermarket injectors will take the most timing, then huge injectors, then NOS.

Last edited:
That makes sense with what I have seen recently on the jet and makes things clearer.

It would be nice if Bob or Marco could give us a better idea that is a true reflection instead of us all speculating about this.

I think it's a typo, as what Bob posted is logical and what is on the .pdf is not.

The order of most to least timing is 2,3,4,1.

Aftermarket injectors will take the most timing, then huge injectors, then NOS.

This all makes sense... But what i dont get is that my truck only runs good on timing #2. Which on the .pdf is NOS, so is this NOS setting the lowest timing? According to .pdf its the highest timing which makes no sense. Thats what im getting at.

This all makes sense... But what i dont get is that my truck only runs good on timing #2. Which on the .pdf is NOS, so is this NOS setting the lowest timing? According to .pdf its the highest timing which makes no sense. Thats what im getting at.

We spent a few hours ourselves on the dyno last night with an 05. Though still not were I think the truck should be for power, it made its best power on timing= 2. I still need to do some learning myself on the CR. This truck had 90 sticks and 85% pump...

Subscribed I have been wondering the same thing. I'm afraid to download the update from the mixed reviews and confusion I have seen....

I have the older vin locked tntr and I consistently run 2mph faster at the track with timing on 3 vs any other timing setting.

Lavon

I think that the NOS part is the typo, 2 should have the most timing and that's probably why your truck runs the best on it.

After driving with the timing MAP I made in UDC for almost 4 months now I went back to stock a week or two ago, and wow was it NOISY and not smooth.

I think that the NOS part is the typo, 2 should have the most timing and that's probably why your truck runs the best on it.

After driving with the timing MAP I made in UDC for almost 4 months now I went back to stock a week or two ago, and wow was it NOISY and not smooth.

Wrong... they are calling #2 NOS, which is where my truck seems to run the best on, by running the best i mean bc im not getting any rattle which i guess means its less timing then the other settings. Get what im saying?

Wrong... they are calling #2 NOS, which is where my truck seems to run the best on, by running the best i mean bc im not getting any rattle which i guess means its less timing then the other settings. Get what im saying?

Wish Bob or Marco could clear this confusion up! This thread is going to start a pissing match.

Wish Bob or Marco could clear this confusion up! This thread is going to start a pissing match.

its going to be a pissing match b/c we cant get a straight answer. I emailed marco 4 days ago = nothing. Called Bob yesterday and he forwards my message to someone from OR that was a new smarty tech and new not a thing about the timing settings for tntr, he actually said maybe it is written wrong on mads website. HAHAHA r u serious, there are tons of people running the new tntr and the instructions might be wrong... All I want to know is how or why does #2 NOS have more timing than huge injectors and aftermarket injectors?? I always thought that NOS and/or huge injectors need less timing.... And a smarty rep couldnt even answer that for me. 4 days and still I have gotten nowhere.

I would REALLY like to know what each timing level on a Smarty relates to in degrees of timing.

It certainly would make tuning alot easier with a number instead of the current methods.

As for the comment the "tech" made about the possible mistake,Imagine how a owner is going to feel that just pushed out a head gasket due to the "mistake" with the timing numbers.I'd say not very happy and would be looking for answers also.

Its not going to turn into a pissing match,but,we are not the only ones with these questions that can not be answered.It would be very helpful for someone to step up and offer some assistance.
At least a dozen big shows coming up and I really want to tow to the H&S show and dyno.It would be nice to be able to get some pre-show strap work done and get dialed in and not leave anything on the table there.
`

Last edited:
I would REALLY like to know what each timing level on a Smarty relates to in degrees of timing.

It certainly would make tuning alot easier with a number instead of the current methods.

As for the comment the "tech" made about the possible mistake,Imagine how a owner is going to feel that just pushed out a head gasket due to the "mistake" with the timing numbers.I'd say not very happy and would be looking for answers also.

Its not going to turn into a pissing match,but,we are not the only ones with these questions that can not be answered.It would be very helpful for someone to step up and offer some assistance.
At least a dozen big shows coming up and I really want to tow to the H&S show and dyno.It would be nice to be able to get some pre-show strap work done and get dialed in and not leave anything on the table there.
`

:clap: :bow: :thankyou2: couldnt have said it any better.

Tap,Tap,Tap.....

Hello...Hello.....

Does ANYONE associated with MADS/Smarty EVER answer questions at all?

looks like smarty will be gone as soon as EFI comes out for 03-05 dodges for this guy!