Smarty vs ppe

BlowinTwins

Always Broke
has anybody switched from a smarty to a ppe accelerator for the cr, i was thinking of jumping because i get no responses from bob on the tntr. just wondering if anybody did this and was happy with ppe.

thanks
john

what is the PPE offering days? I've been out of the PPE club for a bit, was a big fan of it in 2005.

Not trying to convince you to stay with smarty, but if you didn't like the service with Bob--- it ain't gonna get any better with PPE. Talk about an outfit that ignores you...

I've been waiting for 4 months to get the da*** high pressure lines for the dual cp3 kit... every time their response is "are you sure you didn't get them???" Then, "well we don't make them any more"... I offered to ship the damned kit back too.. that met silence as well... can you say Better Business Bureau?

I'll never do business with them ever again for anything.

I'll never do business with them ever again for anything.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about Bob after the way he treated me when his Smarty screwed up a good running truck.

I run a PPE now and like it far better than the Smarty.

what year truck are you running?

i thought i heard somewhere that bdub isnt the only smarty show in town now. idk if premier has access to tunes tho

Ive ran the PPE on my 04.5 since new and always really liked it, id agree the service there at least over the phone is not that great though. Ive made a tick over 500hp with it, it tows really well and i can get over 22mpg, it is a 3500 SRW 2WD though. I was suppose to have a Smarty coming long ago to try for a couple weeks but it never showed? No biggy, the PPE on the 215 tune stacked with the Dr. P box for some added pressure would be hard to beat, never dyno'ed since thier box but it stays off most the time anyway, its very touchy on the street, prob. would drive better with the 85hp tune from the PPE on the street....

That pretty much sums up how I feel about Bob after the way he treated me when his Smarty screwed up a good running truck.

How/what did it do to screw up your truck?

Man I got a PPE first but it was vin locked, so I got my money back. I should have kept it just got it unlocked.

the PPE on the 215 tune stacked with the Dr. P box for some added pressure would be hard to beat

I've heard that for a long time...
I was going to switch back in the "who has the 4k tune first" days, but never ended doing so...Since then my focus has gone more toward inline pumps.

How/what did it do to screw up your truck?

I basically downloaded a ton of codes. It would constantly go into limp mode and had several codes that continually came up. Bob tried to blame everything except the Smarty and never was able to fix it. I finally decided to try a Bully dog and that fixed it.

i gave him a recovery program back in 2006 or so and it wiped the key counts or something. I cut him a check for his lost.

John what is your last name, handle dont mean much. call if you want an answer. Thanks

There you go about 4.5 hours and you have a response from him!

FWIW: I have never bought anything from Bob, on occasion I send him a e-mail or p.m. usually just some b.s. question or just to say hey and I've always had a response from him within a day or so.
Good luck to all!!

Bob hopefully you get paid hourly and not on salary. Seems like you're always on answering questions! And you're probably on like 5 sites!

scott or schoolbus pick up the phone and talk to me, its works both ways.

Thanks

PACIFIC time zone 888 225 7637

Bob's service is spectacular! Call him, and if no answer, he will call you back! Awesome guy to work with. Treat him well and he will return the favor. :)

PPE Hot vs Smarty

I've used them both. Up until the Smarty TNT R the PPE Hot was equal to anything Smarty had put out. Smarty has the better product right now.

I should add that my truck used to have a severe self driving/ruaway problem that I butted heads with Bob quite a bit over. He gave me Beta 4.3 and 4.4 to try to resolve the problem. 4.4 helped some, but it is barely noticeable with the new Revo and TNT programs.

scott or schoolbus pick up the phone and talk to me, its works both ways.

Thanks

PACIFIC time zone 888 225 7637

bob, not talking crap! Just saying you bust your azz keeping up with the sites! Do you want me to call or did you think I needed to talk to you.

I'm easily confused! Lol