Smarty vs ppe

i gave him a recovery program back in 2006 or so and it wiped the key counts or something. I cut him a check for his lost.

You don't remember do you....You DID NOT cut me a check for the loss. The check you cut was for the restocking of parts at the Dodge dealer - no benefit to me. This ordeal went over a 10 month period and you refused to help until I called you out on the open forum. Then you tried to save face by offering a recovery program - which did nothing for the truck. Fact is you spent all your time denying the Smarty caused the problem instead of fixing the problem.

Thats OK, Bob - Bully Dog fixed it for you.

i've had bob help me with my smarty and did a awsome job, but bob a busy man he's got more then just one person to help at a time in thats part of being in a buss. more then one person at a time going to need help, kinda like school you have to wait your turn.

I love my smarty and have no problem with the service. I think alot of guys want instant satisfaction and i understand that, but he is one man trying to help alot of people.

I should add that my truck used to have a severe self driving/ruaway problem that I butted heads with Bob quite a bit over. He gave me Beta 4.3 and 4.4 to try to resolve the problem. 4.4 helped some, but it is barely noticeable with the new Revo and TNT programs.

I honestly think my truck ran the best on the 4.4 beta tune thats what it made the best numbers with also

Bob has always helped me out with whatever me or my friends have needed. Every truck is different, alot of them work well with the smarty some however do not, nothing wrong with that it is jsut how things work. No matter the programmer on these CRs you cant expect to plug it up and have it run awesome, be ready to do a little tuning.

I think it died with my old laptop, hopefully I threw it on a jump drive.

I'm pretty much done with my smarty. I have sent emails and pm's for a while. I just wanted info on some kind of update for early 03/04 s. Not even a "workin on it". I work just as hard at my job Bob, i sometime work in three different time zones in one week. I email and pm so i don't have to talk to you. I'm usually in a hotel room or in an airport when i try to contact you. Sorry, were not all 7am to 4pm people. I get home in about a 2weeks and i'm going to the new Xcelerator Hot+2. They have a new unlocked tune specific for the 03/04 s. So far it is working out great! NO POPPING either. Good luck to all my fellow 03/04 friends!

I have had a smarty for a very long time on my 02 and loved it. Never had a problem at all. But i had come across a PPE hot to try on my 03 and really really like it. Seems to run pritty strong.

I'm pretty much done with my smarty. I have sent emails and pm's for a while. I just wanted info on some kind of update for early 03/04 s. Not even a "workin on it". I work just as hard at my job Bob, i sometime work in three different time zones in one week. I email and pm so i don't have to talk to you. I'm usually in a hotel room or in an airport when i try to contact you. Sorry, were not all 7am to 4pm people. I get home in about a 2weeks and i'm going to the new Xcelerator Hot+2. They have a new unlocked tune specific for the 03/04 s. So far it is working out great! NO POPPING either. Good luck to all my fellow 03/04 friends!

Maybe you should wait a few more months. :bang

Apparently there is a pecking order around here and you need several months of patience in order for Bob to decide to help.:hehe:

Bob has always done a great job at calling me back and helping me with any customer service issue. i have come to the realization that Bob is or was the only smarty dealer out there. ( not sure of the premier thing) so keeping up with everyone has got to be tough to do. JMHO.

and as for the smarty vs. ppe question. i had a smarty went to trade up to the s06, well before i got my new s06 i tried the PPE programs 3 diferent ones. all did not touch the smarty. one even made my truck one worse. alot of white smoke and hick ups when not all the way up to temp. now with the new smarty and the TNT-R no chance the ppe could come close.

Last edited:
Maybe you should wait a few more months. :bang

Apparently there is a pecking order around here and you need several months of patience in order for Bob to decide to help.:hehe:

Glad to here Bob.... oh wait your not Bob! WTF, this is what im talkin about. And this is also why users share the programs when they shouldn't. To the the 5% that gets customer support. GOOD LUCK!

I used to could call Bob and discuss Smarty tunes but now I must be cut out of the loop as the last 10 calls or so unawnsered just 2 or so Pm's and never enough response to get satisfaction on my part. I'm on the do not awnser list I guess so Premier is my only option...

Bob replied, he said next week he will have the updated version for the 03/04s. That would be great, he said he would send it to me. We'll see....
....to be continued