Smarty

ob1kobi

Whats the difference between the 03 - 06 Smarty and the 04 - 07 Smarty? I see them both listed most places and wasn't sure why there would be two models covering basically the same years..

Thanks,
Ted

Ted the programs are identical. The 03/06 cant be used on an 07 and the 04/07 cant be used on an 03 is the only difference.

The smarty can hold either batch of programs.

Cool, thanks Bob! Guess your site will be getting a visit from me :)

I am looking to get a Smarty, I see the Hp ratings, but what are the torque ratings??? Does anbody have any dyno numbers? Thanks Dustin

The torque ratings are typically 2 times the hp rating. There was some dyno testing done last week on a modifed truck but the 1200 was maxed by 1800 rpm

We have more coming soon

I gotta tell you folks, I ordered this soon after I posted on here, and in less than 2 hours I had already received a shipment notification. To me thats pretty impressive and alot of shops could learn some stuff from him.

This isn't the first time that I have ordered stuff from Bob, and he's one of the few vendors I've ever been associated with, that I would still recommend to anybody.

Thanks again Bob :rockwoot:

Finally picked up my Smarty today, its been sitting at the post office since the 2nd, I opened the box and pulled out the fancy plastic briefcase that they come in now (much better than the cardboard box from before) crack the case open and much to my suprise, not only was there a brand spankin new Smarty in its protective plastic cover, but there was a 100 Grand sitting in there also!!! Wow, now to decide what I should do with it...:)

Thanks again Bob!

Ted:

I agree 100% with what you said about the Smarty and Bob Wagners EXCELLENT service and support to all the people who have bought them on ALL of the diesel websites!

Last weekend I installed the "Wild Smarty" in my 2006 Dodge CTD CR. I "stacked" the Smarty with the new "TST PM 3 CR with the R-49 and ALL Programs." I also just added a Schwitzer 62/12 and have to tell you that with JUST the TST, that turbo had alot more "bottom-end lag" than I ever expected. My buddies here told me that the Smarty would completely take care of that lag and BOY were they RIGHT!!:rockwoot:

From the moment I started up my 2006, I could immediately tell the truck felt different! The throttle response was almost instantaneous now and after going for a ride and warming the truck up I decided to "nail it!" I turned right off a two lane road onto a divided highway near my house and floored it and the truck immediately began spinning and squealing the tires and sliding sideways in the road!!:woohoo: I was VERY surprised and decided to try "flooring it from a roll." At about 35-40 MPH I floored it and again the tires broke loose and starting spinning! Heck, I thought I was back in my Twin Turbo 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve!!:hehe: The surprising thing is I am running STOCK injectors and a STOCK CP-3! Nothing great really, and STILL this Smarty can perform like it does!!

My thanks to Marco, Stefano and Bob Wagner for a GREAT PRODUCT and equally great service to their customers!!

-------
John_P

I just tried the Smarty on my 06 as well.. For some reason I couldn't get the turbo to spool on the dyno like on the street. It hits 45-46 on the street, and just below 40 on the dyno. At 40 pounds, it made 543 uncorrected at the wheels. Will a TST improve this number much safely?

Morse said:
I just tried the Smarty on my 06 as well.. For some reason I couldn't get the turbo to spool on the dyno like on the street. It hits 45-46 on the street, and just below 40 on the dyno. At 40 pounds, it made 543 uncorrected at the wheels. Will a TST improve this number much safely?
I take it the numbers were made on a dynojet? That is fairly normal to see on a inertia dyno. They do not load the trucks as well. The numbers seem to be in line though when we go to different shops and that is why a lot of guys tend to like to use them. Before installing the cam in mine, I used to see 60 PSI easily on the street, but was only able to muster up about 45 PSI on the dyno. Now it goes to 55 PSI on the dyno, which is still a little bit lower, but shows proof that the camshaft helps on spool up.

We have been dynoing ( DynoJet ) the Smarty tunes. It produces the best power and drivability of them all. It does not matter whos DL it is. It chews them all up and spits them out.

Don M said:
We have been dynoing ( DynoJet ) the Smarty tunes. It produces the best power and drivability of them all. It does not matter whos DL it is. It chews them all up and spits them out.
I would have to agree with that, at least with my experiences. I know there have been a few that have not liked the Smarty, but for me it has always been an excellent power adder. I will never get rid of mine. :D

I have just got all my gauges hooked up and i was watching a few things with mine...

On all my settings i can get the truck to spool up to about 36psi then it backs down REAL QUICK to 28-30 ... is this due to de-fueling..???? I thought the Smarty had Boost fooling in the Programing...????

Also... i have noticed that with the EGTs that i can hit 1100 in NO TIME ... just with normal driving and merging into traffic on the interstates... but it doesnt really go past 1400 .... is that normal as well ..???

I cant wait to get some TWINs and a Tranny on this damn thing... maybe my VISA will have to get a hard hit on it and then get the Scissor Treatment.... :poke:

It's pretty nice to have a box that can do it all... My Dad has an 05 dually that he tows his 40' toy hauler with. And a 28' enclosed trailer that he loads with Harley's.. Smarty gave him better mileage, no more downshifting on grades, and his heat dropped (which was always an issue in stock form).. And yet it'll net all the big guys what they want too........ For once I'm jealous that my 12 valve can't have something like that :bow:

killquad what software version are you running? You need to run the timing to see the egt reduction and you need to run the aftermarket turbo software for boost fooling.