So, my wife buys me this truck for my birthday...

Vance

I have faith in you.
Well, she puts that intention in a card anyway.

It's 2006 and we have been dating for a year. Not even married yet...

The birthday card says "Good for a down payment on a truck of your choosing." :-)

I get all excited. I've always liked the way that Dodge looked. Kinda like it has big boobs er somethin if it were to be a woman. Ya know?

I'm an off road guy...so...it's got to be a 4x4... hmmm.

We're not rich, so it's gunna be used.... hmmm.

I ride over to Dallas (Georgia, not Texas) Dodge and has me a look see around the lot. I'm really hoping to find a good used Cummins Cuz I've heard good things about them and have always wanted a Diesel.

Bam! Dead center of the outside parking lot! A 2004.5 with 54,000 miles on it. I didn't even cock my head. "That's my truck." I says...and before you could say "lift pump" I was driven her home.
283929760_2QHjV-M.jpg

I really don't like shiney stuff and I hate stock stuff...so...I start playin with it. (You know, goin broke...)

Here it is stock with me painting out chrome bits. I don't like chrome. It sort of looks like jewelry to me. It's for girls.
283927924_UFNwn-L.jpg

Had to have bigger tires, cuz..you know...mud and stuff.

So here it is with a 2 inch leveling kit I put on and 35s:
283927948_7944R-L.jpg

Then, I figured I'd throw some 4 inch blocks on the back. You know, in case I wanted it to look all "drag racey" before some engine mods... :-)
283927960_tB8AF-L.jpg

Then, I said... "That just don't look right." And put 6 inches up front:
1112484691_yV8DB-L.jpg

So, things were good for a while.... and then I said. "I need me some more horse power to get these fat tires around..."

So I did a bit of stuff under the hood. Not much yet, just intakes, straight piped stock 4 inch exhaust and the silencer ring ripped out....silly stuff... Mostly stuff that I found on craigslist for cheap and could do myself:
1109085180_o8Uhm-L.jpg

1109085469_o7bDj-L.jpg

Then...I met Clete who sold me his old Bully Dog and told me about competitiondiesel.com.

1109085778_9winy-L.jpg

So, there it is there. Nice ta meet ya. :rockwoot:

Vance

PS. I'm addicted to this stuff. I may need help.

lock your wallet in a safe.......it will empty fast
Aint dat da truth.

I'm buying all of this stuff used off of craigslist and it's still killen me!

Last night, I put two new batteries in it. I thought I had some mad money for a beer or two with some buddies. Had to crack into that. 8 bucks left. :ugh:

dont forget to fill out your signature and put up an avatar picture, you can do all of this in the user cp, left side of tool bar below banner

I tried to fill out the profile stuff. Keep getting a computer error when I click send?

I sent a note to the peeps here. Probably doesn't like Google Chrome er somethin...

NO GO again...

Here's what I get:
1119457431_hcCET-X2.gif

Last edited:
So what state to you live in where you have a wife, but the girlfriend by you stuff?

Oh it's about to get way worse. I went from "I just want to go a little faster" to this.
25549_1380881767883_1407095364_1050.jpg

Oh it's about to get way worse. I went from "I just want to go a little faster" to this.
25549_1380881767883_1407095364_1050.jpg
DAYUM! :bow:
I'm not there yet, but...

I'm such a cheap ass that if something breaks? I'll buy the tool and learn to fix it myself before I'll ever go to a shop, so... I see that in my future.

I did my first Dyno the other day. It came out at 306 / 599. Like a wittle baby around here! :hehe:

I forgot to show the silly rear end of my truck. I made some light, storage units out of ammo boxes.
1117327984_B5o8u-L.gif

Plus, I have a smart ass friend with a Hummer...so....I put me a sticker on. :-)
It says "Hummer recovery vehicle."

be carefull with them dyno's, after you go home and try and beat what your buddy put down last time, you go back only to find out he has been adding parts too lol

DAYUM! :bow:
I'm not there yet, but...

I'm such a cheap ass that if something breaks? I'll buy the tool and learn to fix it myself before I'll ever go to a shop, so... I see that in my future.

I did my first Dyno the other day. It came out at 306 / 599. Like a wittle baby around here! :hehe:

Mine hasn't even been on a dyno but it ain't making **** for power right now. I'm having pump and clutch issues I bet it's in that 600hp range at the tires. She'll do a little better than that when I swap pumps back...

I just don't know what to post in this thread, I would say Im speachless but that's not true......

Back