So, my wife buys me this truck for my birthday...

It appears that the boxes are mounted high enough that they will clear with the gate down.

yeah, I didn't really catch that at first... looks like it'd be fun to let down with about 50lbs of stuff in each can :o

Yeah buddy! Get ya a tranny and we will pull out that bully dog and load up a smarty and get a set of injectors. Then build ya some twins like mine. Well there goes about 8 grand lol. Yeah keep it locked up in a safe or you will be like me selling your parts on Craigslist lol

yeah, I didn't really catch that at first... looks like it'd be fun to let down with about 50lbs of stuff in each can :o
I'm a powerlifter. It's just another form of working out. :-)

The cans clear the bumper and I have latches at the top to prevent an accident with kids.
993439748_3FYmY-L.jpg

They work awesome. Stinky, sweaty gloves and dirty oily tow ropes, bungee cords, light crap like that go in there. A rain suit and sleeping bag. Stuff like that.

I really want this:
1022812279_giqxo-M.jpg

Made of aluminum.

But... They want $2,000.00 for the basic bumper and about $600.00 for that box! :-0 (I paid 20 bucks an ammo can and about 8 bucks for bolts/washers.)

2 grand for the front too. :-(
1022812293_TGj6v-M.jpg

Not quite as strong as steel, but...strong enough for off road camping and they only weigh 85 pounds.

Need mo money...

Last edited:
Welcome. I'd have to say first, you must marry this girl now, and second, quit bolting ammo cans on the back of a perfectly good Dodge! LOL I'll give you the pioneer award for being practical and creative but all your gold stars will never counter balance the "what the chuck is that crap" factor. :D

As is typical for me I decided to be nice and not say anything.

But I did notice the exceeding ugliness of the ammo cans. Sometimes there is a reason you never see something. And that reason isn't always because no one ever thought of it:D

You may....want to check out PavementSucks.com since it seems your more into OffRoading/mudbogging.

But anyhow...Welcome!

As is typical for me I decided to be nice and not say anything.

But I did notice the exceeding ugliness of the ammo cans. Sometimes there is a reason you never see something. And that reason isn't always because no one ever thought of it:D
I wonder why the manufacturers don't do it. They have the side mounted boxes now (finally, duh...) but why don't they use the space above on the tailgate and integrate it with embossed lettering or whatever.

Something like this:
886175506_do2rv-M.jpg

Please excuse my lack of skills. :-)

You may....want to check out PavementSucks.com since it seems your more into OffRoading/mudbogging.

But anyhow...Welcome!
I'll check it out.

Never mudbogging. Total waste of time in my humble opinion... but off roading? Yes. Getting where there are 0 people is my favorite thing to do.

Sept fer the wife of course, and the old scotch...and that sort of crud.

I wonder why the manufacturers don't do it. They have the side mounted boxes now (finally, duh...) but why don't they use the space above on the tailgate and integrate it with embossed lettering or whatever.

Something like this:
886175506_do2rv-M.jpg

Please excuse my lack of skills. :-)

probably because people want their $30-50k vehicles to look attractive :p

probably because people want their $30-50k vehicles to look attractive :p
A truck is a tool, not jewelry.

I guess I'm a function over form type of dude. Never have understood the chrome crap and paint jobs. I've never even washed the outside of my truck in 5 years. I think it looks fine. The inside is pristine because that is where I sit, but the outside? No matta.

That "pavementsucks.com" place is purdy cool. I think I found where my ugly truck needs to hang.

I'll check in with you folks for the power though. Seems to be a lot of good knowledge around here...

I don't go for chrome either, but I also hate spending/losing money on anything...

I wouldn't have paid top dollar for a clean truck to do what you did, but to each their own :cool:

oh, and please stick around for the power stuff... that's our main focus... we give each other a hard time sometimes, but it's all in good fun :cool:

welcome to the board. I like the blacked out stuff, I was just envisioning lifting that gate with those boxes full of gear! LOL

Isn't getting rid of chrome and "making it all drag racey" caring about looks?:D:poke:
I wouldn't have paid top dollar for a clean truck to do what you did, but to each their own :cool:

You won't pay top dollar for any truck:D:poke:

Last edited:
getting rid of chrome is a backlash against chrome lovers... it's kinda like people don't use the swastika anymore after Hitler screwed it up for everyone... gotta do what you gotta do

fixed :p
I'm with ya on the anti chrome stance:D

I almost put anything, but then thought in the right situation, for the right bottle, iu bet you would:p

Back