So...where are the D-maxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Nasty went broke keeping it alive , I saw the engine and trany up foresale on another site. but who wouldn't go broke when i was told he had 80,000 tied up into it.

Well then he is going to be even more broke with the new engine hes having built lol

Glasseater said:
you forgot jorge!!!!

sorry Jorge! I knew that list was a little short when I was typing it, is he 1200+hp also? He's gotta be:woohoo:

smokinrod said:
I heard Nasty went broke keeping it alive , I saw the engine and trany up foresale on another site. but who wouldn't go broke when i was told he had 80,000 tied up into it.

so it takes 80k to make a dmax hit 1k?? and that's not even a reliable 1k... AT ALL

WUnderwood said:
sorry Jorge! I knew that list was a little short when I was typing it, is he 1200+hp also? He's gotta be:woohoo:

1212 was it?? or was it 1232?? one of those...

not sure if you named his real name or what. but didn't w1cked make over 1200 on spray?

What i get a kick out of are all these supposed 1000++hp trucks that can't run any better than an 11-11.5 quarter consistantly. the ex-pinks bullydog truck went 1100+ and can't run any quicker than an 11.0 at around 5500 lbs. what's that say about dyno's? seems to me most of these guys are better at spiking a dyno than making hp.:pop:

I havent heard of Nasty Girl making any passes at the strip myself? The CR cummins is still behind the duramax in the tuning department. If they can get them to turn some RPM's, watch out:evil

Ahh who cares, 12 valves rule:rockwoot:

Eric

Cummins Driver said:
I havent heard of Nasty Girl making any passes at the strip myself? The CR cummins is still behind the duramax in the tuning department. If they can get them to turn some RPM's, watch out:evil

Ahh who cares, 12 valves rule:rockwoot:

Eric

Fastest I know of is 11.20@124 not bad for a 7000lb CC. Rpms are not going to be great advantage everybody thinks, CR pumps do not like high RPMs. Throw the 12v tech. out the window on the CR trucks.

Stock shortblock to stock shorblock, when do things start coming apart in cummins and when do they start coming apart in duramax?

1200+ on a 5.9CR...650ish on a Duramax...not quite half:D

I like the Duramax for comfort, and I've said before they have impressed me, and are good runners, but I'm not into tearing engines out of a $35K truck to make for than 650 reliable HP. I like many things about how they drive, and feel, but they just aren't built heavy enough in the bottom end! I'll keep my Cummins for now, even if the heads don't flow as good, they smoke a lot, and blow HG's like they're going outta style!

They just fit me better:D
Chris

I bought my 97 12 valve to build an 11 second street truck daily driver that gets great mileage to boot. I'm very mechanically inclined and having dealt with all the headaches of computers in my previous 11 second daily driver ls1 camaro I didn't want the nonsense or expense involved with computers anymore. Further, tearing down a motor for my goal was out of the question and from what I understand from talking to people and using common sense the cummins motor is waaaaaay stronger so that's the route I choose.

I'm sure the later model idependent front supension duramax trucks ride nice and all but I really don't care to be honest. A truck is a truck, i want a smooth ride and i'll go buy a SUV! Plus, nothing compares to the sound these big C motors put out. I had a 7.3L power stroke which I sold to get my dodge and every v8 diesel I've heard just sounds like a glass packed 9 to 1 v8 gas motor to me. To each there own though:)

One thing is for sure though about those dmax's, they sure can make some nasty damn power without touching anything more then the intake, computer, and exhaust. two more cylinders, 32 valves, and it's no wonder they run better quarter times with equal power, but who cares, I can make twice the power with my 12 valve to compensate and never have to take the motor out:p

NickTF said:
I bought my 97 12 valve to build an 11 second street truck daily driver that gets great mileage to boot. I'm very mechanically inclined and having dealt with all the headaches of computers in my previous 11 second daily driver ls1 camaro I didn't want the nonsense or expense involved with computers anymore. Further, tearing down a motor for my goal was out of the question and from what I understand from talking to people and using common sense the cummins motor is waaaaaay stronger so that's the route I choose.

I'm sure the later model idependent front supension duramax trucks ride nice and all but I really don't care to be honest. A truck is a truck, i want a smooth ride and i'll go buy a SUV! Plus, nothing compares to the sound these big C motors put out. I had a 7.3L power stroke which I sold to get my dodge and every v8 diesel I've heard just sounds like a glass packed 9 to 1 v8 gas motor to me. To each there own though:)

One thing is for sure though about those dmax's, they sure can make some nasty damn power without touching anything more then the intake, computer, and exhaust. two more cylinders, 32 valves, and it's no wonder they run better quarter times with equal power, but who cares, I can make twice the power with my 12 valve to compensate and never have to take the motor out:p

But you still have to drive a dodge truck, which is the crappy part of the deal.:hehe:

rush said:
But you still have to drive a dodge truck, which is the crappy part of the deal.:hehe:

ha, yeah, you're right. i'm going to the gm dealer right now to trade my dodge in on one of the 10 duramax's sittin in the lot my buddy's replaced burned pistons in.:p:Cheer:

rush said:
What i get a kick out of are all these supposed 1000++hp trucks that can't run any better than an 11-11.5 quarter consistantly. the ex-pinks bullydog truck went 1100+ and can't run any quicker than an 11.0 at around 5500 lbs. what's that say about dyno's? seems to me most of these guys are better at spiking a dyno than making hp.:pop:

Well first Jorge ran 10.8, none of their dyno sheets for any of those guys shaws the spikes that I saw in a certain D-max's sheet.....and it is all in the tuning process....

I know a certain CR dodge that runs in the 10.4's that probably would not turn a dyno number over 1000....but it still runs 10.4's @ 6500 pounds. And it isn't very far from being in the 9's.....just hard too tune a truck when you only have 4 months of racing season.

Ramtd02 said:
Well first Jorge ran 10.8, none of their dyno sheets for any of those guys shaws the spikes that I saw in a certain D-max's sheet.....and it is all in the tuning process....

I know a certain CR dodge that runs in the 10.4's that probably would not turn a dyno number over 1000....but it still runs 10.4's @ 6500 pounds. And it isn't very far from being in the 9's.....just hard too tune a truck when you only have 4 months of racing season.

I wasn't talking about wicked, or mike. and it wasn't directed at cummins engines only. It just seems alot of dyno sheets don't add up once the truck is on the track.

Ramtd02 said:

who's cr has ran 10.4??????

i think the goldish looking truck from canada is the one they are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.