So...where are the D-maxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noreaster said:
Fastest I know of is 11.20@124 not bad for a 7000lb CC. Rpms are not going to be great advantage everybody thinks, CR pumps do not like high RPMs. Throw the 12v tech. out the window on the CR trucks.

The 11.2 pass was on a motor that had an injector cup lifted. And your right, not to bad considering she looked like a steam engine during the pass from all the water and coolant! :hehe:

As far as the RPM's with the CR pumps I have adressed that allready. 3 pumps underdriven on a 7000 + RPM stand alone ECM'ed stroked Dmax.....See ya in spring! :rockwoot:

Nasty Girl said:
As far as the RPM's with the CR pumps I have adressed that allready. 3 pumps underdriven on a 7000 + RPM stand alone ECM'ed stroked Dmax.....See ya in spring! :rockwoot:

Wow you're really taking things to the next level! I look forward to seeing your truck in action.

I'm wondering when Keith will sell trips to the moon? At least we'll know how he got there... :hehe:

Nasty Girl said:
The 11.2 pass was on a motor that had an injector cup lifted. And your right, not to bad considering she looked like a steam engine during the pass from all the water and coolant! :hehe:

How is one that is making over 1k horse, and cranking 7k rpm gonna hold up if it wont stay together at under 5k rpm making 1k horse?

Eric

Cummins Driver said:
How is one that is making over 1k horse, and cranking 7k rpm gonna hold up if it wont stay together at under 5k rpm making 1k horse?

Eric

Kinda what i was thinking.....everytime I heard Nasty was gonna run......she never made it 'cause she was broke down.....so how is it gonna stay together @ 7000 rpms??

Cummins Driver said:

Eric

Lets bring some clarity to those who pay attention to only "certain"
things.

Nasty girl was built as a daily driver and is used for just that! Since my last build I put on 20,000 miles driving her every day on the big tune. And don't think for one minuete that she was babied! And thats not holding up? Show me how many daily driver 1000+ HP trucks out there have over 20,000 miles on them at that level? I am willing to bet you can count them on one hand. I know of 2 myself, Richards (Maddog) and mine. I have made four 1000 to 1500+ mile trips this year with Nasty without 1 issue!

Now for those of you who claim to but have no clue about the big HP game I will fill you in on what you don't know. A 1000+ HP engine is not going to have the longevity of a 400-500 HP engine which is most common these days with those of us with BOMBed trucks. What you don't hear except with some of us who share our do's and don't, is all the failures out there. When I have a failure of any nature I share it with the diesel community to further educate all of us. I do that because I have no hidden agendas nor am I in the competetive game that 99% of the big HP guys are in. Do you seriously think that you hear about more than 10% of the failures? ROTFLMFAO........NOT!

The day of building a truck of this nature and expecting it to live for 100,000 miles will not happen in our lifetime, nor will a "reliable" truck of this nature ever happen.

If you would have done your homework you would have seen that Nasty Girl has done quite well considering the abuse she has taken, but thats why I built her. Not to be a dyno queen or trailer queen, but rather to drive her every day. Taking my son to school, gettin the groceries, taking my family camping, going on trips, etc etc etc. It has seen the drag strip a few times but thats not why I built it. If I was going to build a race truck it sure as hell wouldn't have been a crew cab! :hehe:

Last edited:
Great post Keith. You goning to bring that Beast to Bowling Green this year?

Timbeaux38 said:
Great post Keith. You goning to bring that Beast to Bowling Green this year?

Thanks Tim.

As far as Bowling green that just might happen. It all depends on a few things. In case you haven't heard I am selling Nasty. If I don't sell her I will tow the new race only stroked Dmax with her if she is finished. :ft: :ft: :ft: :ft: :pop:

Nasty Girl said:
Thanks Tim.

As far as Bowling green that just might happen. It all depends on a few things. In case you haven't heard I am selling Nasty. If I don't sell her I will tow the new race only stroked Dmax with her if she is finished. :ft: :ft: :ft: :ft: :pop:
Sounds great... and we can pilfer Merchant's stash of Jagermeister and Red Bull when he isnt looking!!!! :woohoo:

If you dont wanna spill the beans on the new truck, I understand, but can you tell us about what you have planned?

Nasty Girl said:
Nasty girl was built as a daily driver and is used for just that! Since my last build I put on 20,000 miles driving her every day on the big tune. And don't think for one minuete that she was babied! And thats not holding up? Show me how many daily driver 1000+ HP trucks out there have over 20,000 miles on them at that level? I am willing to bet you can count them on one hand. I know of 2 myself, Richards (Maddog) and mine. I have made four 1000 to 1500+ mile trips this year with Nasty without 1 issue!

What?!?!? You mean it is OK to build these for daily driving and not be considered a cop out for not racing them? :hehe: I wish I could get that thru to a couple people. They seem to think that since I will not race mine, I can not back it up. Here is how mine is currently setting. Nothing is changed from the dyno day except the stacks have been removed and the dual exhaust is back on.

For what it's worth, no failures as of today except one headgasket. ;) Knock on wood LOL

Attachments

• truck1.JPG
    truck1.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 79
You have a plow mount Lloyd..... That is cheating....your truck would only be at like 700 if you did not have that. LOL

I can't wait to see the looks on the peoples faces when I am rolling thru the developments this year. LOL

lmills said:
I can't wait to see the looks on the peoples faces when I am rolling thru the developments this year. LOL

Should put a sticker on the back:

"Yeah, it's got more wheel horsepower then your Z06, SRT-10, and GT40 combined".

I had SVT instead of GT40. Would make sence since the GT40 is the fast ford now. But if you do the math, 3 cars with 1500hp flywheel HP has to be less then 1300 at the wheels combined.

D'oh. the Viper is up to 600hp. now. I forgot. well, maybe you can break even with the HP?

Or better yet!

"I'd rather have the torque in this Cummin's then the torque in 26 ricers"

Last edited:
Nasty Girl said:
Lets bring some clarity to those who pay attention to only "certain"
things.

Now for those of you who claim to but have no clue about the big HP game I will fill you in on what you don't know. A 1000+ HP engine is not going to have the longevity of a 400-500 HP engine which is most common these days with those of us with BOMBed trucks. What you don't hear except with some of us who share our do's and don't, is all the failures out there. When I have a failure of any nature I share it with the diesel community to further educate all of us. I do that because I have no hidden agendas nor am I in the competetive game that 99% of the big HP guys are in. Do you seriously think that you hear about more than 10% of the failures? ROTFLMFAO........NOT!

The day of building a truck of this nature and expecting it to live for 100,000 miles will not happen in our lifetime, nor will a "reliable" truck of this nature ever happen.

If you would have done your homework you would have seen that Nasty Girl has done quite well considering the abuse she has taken, but thats why I built her. Not to be a dyno queen or trailer queen, but rather to drive her every day. Taking my son to school, gettin the groceries, taking my family camping, going on trips, etc etc etc. It has seen the drag strip a few times but thats not why I built it. If I was going to build a race truck it sure as hell wouldn't have been a crew cab! :hehe:

Dont get me wrong, its an awesome feat to make 1k hp on anything, and still be street driveable, but do you think a motor turning 7k rpm's is gonna hold together? Im just curious. I know you will have problems every now and then with any big HP daily driver/puller/racer. You planning to make this new truck a puller too, or only a drag racer?

Eric

Cummins Driver said:
Dont get me wrong, its an awesome feat to make 1k hp on anything, and still be street driveable, but do you think a motor turning 7k rpm's is gonna hold together? Im just curious. I know you will have problems every now and then with any big HP daily driver/puller/racer. You planning to make this new truck a puller too, or only a drag racer?

Eric

Turning a diesel engine to that kind of RPM's is definately in need of some rethinking in regards to internals. First step is consideration of the bottom end. For starters a billet crank which has already been designed for the stroker and will be available to the public in 08. Amoungst some other things which will be made available next year as well. There are 2 individuals IIRC that have made a stroker kit for the Dmax to date. 1 being Guy Trip from SoCal Diesel and the other who wishes to remain out of the public eye for now. Guys Kit will take the Dmax to 7.1L and the other we will see.

Some of the major concerns at this level is always cylinder pressure. The higher RPM's along with a Compression Ratio reduction will help those pressures be at an acceptable level to aid in logevity to the motor. The next concern is EGT's with the amount of fuel being tossed in. That can be addressed again with the proper tuning of lets say 3 compounded turbo's or even quads along with an air to water cooling system. Another problem is with EFI motors the ability to open and close an injector at that RPM, that also has been adressed by using the new Peizo injector which has the theoretical capability to meet these demands...we shall see. :pop:

Triple compounded turbos have been tried and never worked...but a parallel/compounded "quad" set up would be neat and provide good air, but take up alot of room.

getblown5.9 said:
Triple compounded turbos have been tried and never worked...but a parallel/compounded "quad" set up would be neat and provide good air, but take up alot of room.

Spool up would be sweet on the bottom end with quads in comparison to a huge set of twins. :pop:

Last edited:
Nasty Girl said:
Turning a diesel engine to that kind of RPM's is definately in need of some rethinking in regards to internals. First step is consideration of the bottom end. For starters a billet crank which has already been designed for the stroker and will be available to the public in 08. Amoungst some other things which will be made available next year as well. There are 2 individuals IIRC that have made a stroker kit for the Dmax to date. 1 being Guy Trip from SoCal Diesel and the other who wishes to remain out of the public eye for now. Guys Kit will take the Dmax to 7.1L and the other we will see.

Today we secretly replaced NastyGirl with a Banks marketing representive. Watch as we advertise about the vapar ware motor parts "to be released". Notice how similar this sounds to comp461 and Colin Banks.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: ohh that was too easy :) Just messing with ya Nasty :) heh.

Sorry to get back to the original thread comment, but personally I think more Dodges are makeing big hp numbers because alot of the Duramax people are just leaven them stock. I know of several in just this nieghborhood that will never see a tuner or even an aftermarket exhaust or intake.
I mean, come on, no one can deny that there are a heck of alot more Dodge diesel junkies out hoppin up thier trucks than Ford and GM.
The number of guys looking to make more power is to lop-sided for the Dodge's not to be dyno king.(Congrats Mills on the amazing run) But those who make these numbers should be thanked for pushing the advancements in the world of diesel tech, wether they be in a Ford, Dodge or GM truck as long as it's blowen black smoke, I'm glad to see it.
:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.