Solid Billet 5.9 Block

I heard there was 'one' built and somewhere it be -closely guarded......

But does the tooling for it exist? Was the program saved?

You will see them soon..... More than one. Yes there is tooling and yes the programming will be saved.

Timbeaux38 said:
You will see them soon..... More than one. Yes there is tooling and yes the programming will be saved.
:poke: speak more, or should I start dialing your number......:hehe:

I'd like to have a video of the process. I have a DVD of a Haas CNC making an F1 block...everything. It's freak'n incredible how those things work!

RacinDuallie said:
:poke: speak more, or should I start dialing your number......:hehe:

That is all I know:gag:

Burner said:
I'd like to have a video of the process. I have a DVD of a Haas CNC making an F1 block...everything. It's freak'n incredible how those things work!

Best Bill Lundberg voice:
Ummmmmm Yeahhh, I dont think they are gonna make an ummmmmm video f that okaaaay? And ummmm I'm gonna neeed you to work this saturday LOL

I've seen it , was one of my Pro Stock Contacts , touched it , and said why . its too heavy. built out of steel. I don't see a need except in pulling . now if it was aluminum, then great

I guess a heavy solid block with 1,800 HP is faster than a filled block pushing 1,500 HP? ......why else would they do it?

The problem with a solid Iron block is cooldown time... It could not get cool enough between rounds.... Now, A puller does not have to worry about coming back out 4 times.....

I feel sticky and spent......:hehe: :hehe:

Dammit -who? where? Ya gotta tell me!!!:rules: :bang :bang

1,2,3,4 Fiiiiiiittthhh .

I plizzead the fizzifff

There is a alumnium 5.9. It came with a P pump. I have seen it. I think they said it saved about 80 lbs or something like that.

there is one on display at Cummins Headquarters, but It would not hold any power , a cummins 24 valve block weighs 284 lbs the old 12 valve weighs 264 lbs the common rail is 301 lbs

a Dart Sportsman big block chevy is 285 lbs and the same block is 142 in Billet from CN

So weight saving would come from that spinny stuff inside the block, eh? I bet you could almost shave the difference off guts as the difference between an Aluminum block and Steel/Iron block. Sounds like someone will make lite guts....someday. :poke:

L/M or LSM something like that makes a billet 5.9 it was @ PRI i think it goes for 8000$ ++++