Solid Motor Mounts

If you did both as a street app I would think you would run the risk of cracking the block.$.02

How does only 1 solid mount hold all the weight, torque and vibration with nothing cracking?

I've tried bolting mounts, the driver's side worked to stop it from expanding, but the pass. side still compressed.

I would not run just one solid as the engine will still try to compress the pass. side and would stress the solid mount for sure.

I built solid ones for my pulling truck first, then everybody talked me out of it. So i went back to a poly. I built mine out of a aftermarket dodge control arm because i had several laying around. 1/2 flat plate on engine and frame. This is in a chevy with cummins. starting and runing engine it has not flex at all. Only took a hour or so to fab.

2012-01-07_19-09-41_130.jpg

Ya I think I'll be building some like yours. Everybody seems to be against solid mounts on a street truck.

You guys could always ask Merchant if he'd be willing to design a Cummins mount, same as his Duramax ones. His fab guys are always looking for new things to create, and his shop is not "Dmax-only" anymore. Seriously...give him a call.

I have his mounts on my truck, and they are well built. Slightly more vibration at idle, but not bad at all. If I didnt say anything about them and you rode in my truck, you'd never know they were there.

Last edited:
Debating to keeping my motor mounts and building a drivers side turnbuckle setup that mounts to the motor and probably triangulated mounting bracket on the frame. This will allow the motor mounts to work like they should under normal load and the turnbuckle takes over under torque and x amount of motor movement. This seriously is my plan as of now lol.

I have run solid 1st gen mounts in the ramchargers for a long time. I think ,I used 2X4 steel with bolts and poly trans mount . It does vibrate but not bad , it does see a few street miles and the solid mounts are the least of my worries.

Our dairy had a Clark 55 wheel loader we put a 4BT in with solid mounts and a mid plate. It shook itself to death (ate main bearings with very few hours, and had a very unpleasant vibration).

My 6bt in my oliver tractor is all solid mounts... Only issues I've heard is when you start running huge hp, the block doesn't like it because it cant flex (bolted down all four corners to a giant cast iron tub frame)

But, that being said, I'd worry about solids in a street truck causing the weakest point to break/crack..... And my guess is that'd point would be the attachment to frame point.

I have been running solid mounts in my truck for two years now with no issues. It doesn't see alot of street miles but gets driven to all the pulls still. I actually think it vibrates less than the factory rubber mounts.