Some what of a bad night

95civic2005

Well I went to the track again last night hoping to better my times and go lower 12's, but the truck wasn't having it. I tool off in 3rd clutch slipped a little. When the clutch grapped the tires started to chirp like they were wanting to break loose, then I tried to shift to 4th and it would go in gear. Matter of fact it wouldn't go in any gear.:bang I coasted to the end of the track, and I could not get it to go in any gear, so I let the truck cool for a minute and shut it off. The only way I knew to get it to move was start it in gear and it took right off. The truck will not shift with the clutch, you have to have the RPMs just right to get it in gear and not use the clutch. So, what would you guys diagnose the problem as? Slave cylinder is the only thing I can think of. I drove it home last night, but had to kill it at every stoplight (only 2). The clutch still holds the power just fine. Any bodyelse think it is the slave cylinder?

Thanks in advance

Possibly welded the clutches.

Is there a way to find out which one it could be? Would it still be able to drive home? I ripped on it a few times on the interstate, probably not he smartest thing to do though.

Yeah, sounds like welded disk, sorry to hear about the troubles.

I'm betting clutch too. I don't think you would be able to see anything thru the starter hole. I would pull it after checking to make sure the slave cyl. is still good. It would suck to yank the trans then find out the slave cyl. went out for some reason.

I'm betting clutch too. I don't think you would be able to see anything thru the starter hole. I would pull it after checking to make sure the slave cyl. is still good. It would suck to yank the trans then find out the slave cyl. went out for some reason.

Yeah I know it would suck bad! I am going to call SouthBend tomorrow and see what they say. If I order a new slave cylinder and that is not the problem I am going to see if they will refund the money on the slave cylinder.

I'll bet $1000 bucks you welded the clutch to to the flywheel and pressure plate!

Sometimes when it's not welded really bad you can put the truck in 4wd hi range rolling in 2nd gear and stand on the brakes, push in the clutch, and floor it. When the turbo spools, you sometimes have enough torque to break the clutch free.

Be careful, it's dangerous driving around with a welded clutch.

Hey i missed ya at the gtg at edgewater on the 4th. should of come over and had some burgers.

Hey i missed ya at the gtg at edgewater on the 4th. should of come over and had some burgers.

Yeah I was wanting to come over and meet some of you guys but we brought a couple of people with us and ended up meeting a few people we know up there, so I just stayed on the other side. We will have to plan another gtg in spring or something. I am not too sure how much more I will run my truck, because I am not wanting to mess with the trans anymore.

yeah im probably done for the rest of the season. Might go one more time if i feel like it.

yeah im probably done for the rest of the season. Might go one more time if i feel like it.

I have a couple of buddies that are trying to get their trucks together before the end of the season. If you go let me know and I'll see if we can make it.