Spearco Intercooler Busted

Now I can't believe that after all the FLACK Joe (Hellmann Performance)& David (Diesel Innovations) got for a small Pin Hole that this is gonna die that easy!:kick: *bdh* $.02 :kick: *bdh* $.02 :doh: :blahblah1: :poke: :bs:

Well I'm about to test out Banks Customer service. Lifted the hood today, and I have a bunch of oil leaking out of the banks intake elbow at the base. This thing really has never sat right, and today I figured out why. Its waaay too tall, and has rubbed a hole in my insulation. Turns out the one they sent me was for an 05 and later. I told them I have an 03 when I bought it. The 03-04 have the throttle body so they need to be shorter. Gonna be calling them tomorrow, I can only hope they will take care of me like DI, Hellman, and Spearco take care of their customers, but I'm doubtful.

DART505 said:
Now I can't believe that after all the FLACK Joe (Hellmann Performance)& David (Diesel Innovations) got for a small Pin Hole that this is gonna die that easy!:kick: *bdh* $.02 :kick: *bdh* $.02 :doh: :blahblah1: :poke: :bs:
Com'on now Chris 2 wrongs don't make a right.

The legendary Helen "Joe" Keller is back in welding school practicing her welding skills. I hear she is having a hard time changing over from penetration mode to cleaning mode on the high frequency unit!!

Dalpilot said:
Well I'm about to test out Banks Customer service. Lifted the hood today, and I have a bunch of oil leaking out of the banks intake elbow at the base. This thing really has never sat right, and today I figured out why. Its waaay too tall, and has rubbed a hole in my insulation. Turns out the one they sent me was for an 05 and later. I told them I have an 03 when I bought it. The 03-04 have the throttle body so they need to be shorter. Gonna be calling them tomorrow, I can only hope they will take care of me like DI, Hellman, and Spearco take care of their customers, but I'm doubtful.
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

Its all in the "Legendary " arc balance knob.
Maybe some other legendary people should try it.

Last edited:
so does all this banter make up for that nasty ic hotstik got? cuz god those were some of the ugliest welds ive ever laid eyes on! thank god joe didnt do those ! and fire the guy that did.

RacinDuallie said:
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

Heres the difference:

http://store.bankspower.com/images/HighRam-comp_03-06.jpg

SO far so good. I called CS and talked to a young lady there that apologized for the inconvenience, but said the paper work shows they sent an 03 elbow. I told her between the paper work and the shipped product something is awry. I am 100% sure I have one for an 05+ and she said no problem I'll ship you another out free of charge, and wondered if I needed it sooner than UPS gorund would get it to me.

Pretty freakin good CS in my opinion.

Last edited:
UPDATE

Looks like I jumped the gun on the good service. I got a call back from the supervisor saying there was no way I could have the wrong one, and how they have done this for many many years and trucks.....Blah Blah Blah,and that I must have installed it the wrong way............................:umno: .................
Lets see 4 studs, fat end at the bottom, torque to 23, yip, thats about it.

We go back and forth and the final outcome is the guy telling me I am wrong, I have the 03 cause an 05+ wouldn't fit. I said well thats the problem it doesn't fit. Not only that its torn all the insulation off my hood and I have the word BANKS rubbed in a mirror image in the hood lining. Long story short they are more than happy to send me "another" 03 to prove me wrong if I just pay them 350.00+ dollars and they will be happy to return it to me if my other one is actually the wrong one. I told them no thanks, its the only POS Banks thing on my truck, and its coming off in the very near future, and I'll ship the whole F'in thing back to them so they can have a good look at it.:kick:

10 minutes after I talk to the guy, I pull out of my neighborhood, pissed off, get on it a little, and boooooooom, blow the boot off the turbo and the CAC tube. I was real happy at that point. :doh:

I won't have anything from this point on that says BANKS on it. They have a substandard product for what they charge, and their CS sucks!

Time for a Hellman, DI or Spearco. Now I just have to figure out who.

I hear Banks is going to make some Red turbine engine air plane parts Dal.:redx:

If ur looking for an excellent intercooler that will hold n e amount of pressure go with turbonetics i had mine shipped next day during the pulling season and wow! what a setup! its nice and holds! thank you turbonetics! if u tried it we broke it!!! 6.0 pullin fun fun!!

We just ran 65 lbs. of boost in our Spearco intercooler and it worked great.