sponcers

frdslar

are you guys all sponcered and do u have any advice on gettin sponcers
thanks

thanks

Use a spell checker. Seriously you need to be very professional, when you present your pitch to your sponsor.

thanks

yes i have a few sponsors all are out of the diesel market. They are local companies in my hvac field. Its very difficult to get diesel company sponsors.

ditto
try to get half hardly ever get full out of them

most you can do is call and keep bugging them the best thing
to do
is make a portfolio and document what you do take pics tell them what your plans are and future plans.
i have been trying to get few but its hard especially if you are starting out i am doing a lot of car/truck shows showing up to pulling events and even drag racing just to show the diesel truck off mine may not be pretty but alot of people don't even know what diesels are

I just recently started to ask for sponsors and have gotten a bunch of no's due to the economy which is understandable. I have a buddy who told me this little shop he knows that sells accessories (vent visors and clear tail lights type stuff) wants to me to run his name on my truck, in exchange for some discounts on stuff. I politely told him no thanks because he doesn't offer anything I need and giving me parts at their cost is in essence free advertising for them.

I just kinda fell into the few i have. I saterted building my truck, got in with a few guys, and they asked me if i would want them for a sponsor. I got lucky really, but i kinda feel you want to start with what funds you have. Go to pulls and work your butt off gitin to the front. Seems these guys will notice whats going on. Talk to them learn the sport, and hope that something comes of it.

Rarely does a new puller ever get lucky enough to get a sponsor unless it's a big budget start up. Get out there and prove yourself and don't quit. Be persistent but not a pain. You need to be seen and professional. I have been very fortunate to get the sponsors I have.

Rarely does a new puller ever get lucky enough to get a sponsor unless it's a big budget start up. Get out there and prove yourself and don't quit. Be persistent but not a pain. You need to be seen and professional. I have been very fortunate to get the sponsors I have.

That's an understatement.

Do a search on here. We had a pretty good thread that discussed sponsors. we pretty much outlined it for everyone.

It has cost me a fortune to get my truck to the level where I am starting to attract some attention. And even then it is still not to the level that I need it to be to get where I would like to go

Kevin

I had some local help last year, basically on labor. Which was Ozark and Gilmore. This year I got quite a bit more help to get this one running. Gilmore Performance is doing all the motor assembly and alot of helping on the tuning side. James at Ozark Diesel helps with some parts and general labor and things on the truck. He also travels to all the events with us at AirDog. Got a product sponsor this year for the turbo from Bill Hartzell at Turbo Diesel and Electric. Mike and Chad at Diesel RX. Extra thanks to those guys as well as Charlie here at AirDog. Thanks for the help guys!!

Last edited:
Lucas Oil is one of my sponsors for the year and my big sponsor is my shop Northeast Diesel Service.

Lets talk some about what a Sponsor is. Wikipedia defines Sponsor as: "To support an event, activity, or person." So in our own right we all are sponsors of the sport of Truck Pulling. I talk to people all the time that think for someone to be sponsored they are getting money or free parts. Many times this is not true some may supply parts at a discount, others may help with cost related to your truck. For instance I don't have room at my house for my truck and trailer. So a very nice puller lets me keep both at his shop. Is this sponsorship?

Well I think if they are trying to help promote their business with advertisement in exchange for parts, parking spot, or whatever you may call it. Sure. Its helping you in exchange for some help for their business. If its just a friend then Id say thats just a friend being a friend. I consider free parts, big cash, and free labor a very helpful sponsor. They help you in exchange for your help to grow their business.

Lucas Oil is one of my sponsors for the year and my big sponsor is my shop Northeast Diesel Service.

I've tried to get Lucas to do something for three years. They sponsor PPL, PPP that I pull with so they will not do anything for an individual truck.

Well I think if they are trying to help promote their business with advertisement in exchange for parts, parking spot, or whatever you may call it. Sure. Its helping you in exchange for some help for their business. If its just a friend then Id say thats just a friend being a friend. I consider free parts, big cash, and free labor a very helpful sponsor. They help you in exchange for your help to grow their business.

This is my opinion also, when people call me I always send them in the direction of those shops who helped my build. It makes me feel like am giving back to them some of what they gave to me! Another thing is u need to get out and hit as many pulls as possible to get your name out their so people will start talking and they will say "I heard he uses X shop and Y parts" which will also send business to the people who have helped u!
Brandon

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

This is my opinion also, when people call me I always send them in the direction of those shops who helped my build. It makes me feel like am giving back to them some of what they gave to me! Another thing is u need to get out and hit as many pulls as possible to get your name out their so people will start talking and they will say "I heard he uses X shop and Y parts" which will also send business to the people who have helped u!
Brandon

Right on man!! Ill send and AirDog sale to them here and there as well. :rockwoot:

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Brandon

I hear ya, but the problem we have in this area is that the more you spend on your own truck and the better you do the more you are hated. I could put a $20,000 schied motor in my truck and the better it runs the more people will start saying its gotta be nitrous or some other way of cheating and they will change the rules to keep you out of the classes.

Although I never had an actual sponsor I did mention on my truck "special thanks to the following people and companies". Although I never got a major deals on any parts or anything people really did help me out ALOT in ways most wouldn't think of...letting me drive one of there personal vehicals when I picked up my engine and had my DD truck worked on due to a break down, my turbo supplier taking my chargers home after work and then going out and meeting one of my drivers for the trucking company I worked for in the middle of no where at 11:30 at night.

It is the small things like this that although I don't see them as a "sponsor" they seriously helped out and I wanted to give them credit for that. It also give you a chance to show of your truck to future "sponsors" when they see those other companys or people you have on your truck.

Starting out...start small, give it time and don't be to pushy!!!!!!

RyanB

Ya gotta remember where you come from. Ozark and Gilmore really helped me out. Did lots of work for me on the truck when I didnt have the time or know how. That helps out tons.