sponcers

I wonder if I could get Gilmore to come and pick mine up? Just a little drive!

I would prefer free parts though! That is the big one for me this year.

I would be happy to have a sponsor that gives me $500 that I would keep on hand to pay entrance/registration fees and nothing else. Its not like I am asking for a free turbo, or built motor etc.

I've tried to get Lucas to do something for three years. They sponsor PPL, PPP that I pull with so they will not do anything for an individual truck.

They are giving me $1000 of free product.

I could use a good sponsorship from NE Diesel? What do you say Kevin?

Sounds to me like you are doing pretty good. Also sounds like you are going to have waaaaay more truck then me this year. Good luck with the build.:Cheer:

I've tried to get Lucas to do something for three years. They sponsor PPL, PPP that I pull with so they will not do anything for an individual truck.

They do sponsor individual pullers in PPL. The Boyd family runs the Lucas Oil Green Streak.

They are giving me $1000 of free product.

I tried everything. With them sponsoring the events they get more return and don't want to deal with everyone looking for hand outs if they sponsor one.

Maybe it's just the district rep I deal with?

Is that one of the John Deere Tractors? Think Ive seen it. Nice looking rig!!

Yup.
salem_08_6_bg.jpg

Let me pose a question for all you guys. If you could sign a sponsor for you or the same one for the series you run in what would you do. On one hand having one for your truck would be nice. The other side of the coin would be that having one for the series would bring in more trucks. What would you do?

The best thing anyone can do is get good photos of your truck with you and your crew around the truck in professional looking outfits! Even all clean jeans with same color t-shirt with names on it is better than nothing. If you can afford it get shirts that are good looking, take them to local t-shirt shop and have name put on them. We buy shirts from Walmart or Cabellas sometimes and take them somewhere.

Then list your travels, accomplishments and estimated how many people see your rigs.

Most companies give product because it doesn't cost them much and they see it as advertising. To get hard cash is harder unless you can show them a professional image and a return on their money. Show them that you will take photos at every event and send back to them - they will post these on their web site and internal newsletters - return on their investment.

They have to feel they are getting something back!

We can start giving short seminars at some of the events if anyone is interested in capturing sponsors - we talk to them everyday and know what they are looking for - let us know?

Let me pose a question for all you guys. If you could sign a sponsor for you or the same one for the series you run in what would you do. On one hand having one for your truck would be nice. The other side of the coin would be that having one for the series would bring in more trucks. What would you do?

That would all depend. Do you need a little help to get up and running or is your truck done? Is this organization 1-2 pulls or 8-10 pulls? Lots of other factors would come in.

The best thing anyone can do is get good photos of your truck with you and your crew around the truck in professional looking outfits! Even all clean jeans with same color t-shirt with names on it is better than nothing. If you can afford it get shirts that are good looking, take them to local t-shirt shop and have name put on them. We buy shirts from Walmart or Cabellas sometimes and take them somewhere.

Then list your travels, accomplishments and estimated how many people see your rigs.

Most companies give product because it doesn't cost them much and they see it as advertising. To get hard cash is harder unless you can show them a professional image and a return on their money. Show them that you will take photos at every event and send back to them - they will post these on their web site and internal newsletters - return on their investment.

They have to feel they are getting something back!

We can start giving short seminars at some of the events if anyone is interested in capturing sponsors - we talk to them everyday and know what they are looking for - let us know?

I see your pm box getting very full in the near future!!

8-10 Pulls

Well example. Maybe im greedy. But I am very involved with Show-Me Smokers. Myself and Matt Gilmore do the teching and I sled pull with them as well. We are in need of some money for a Super Street class in order to be able to have it this year. We didnt run it last year. Just a 2.8, 2.6, and work stock. I have got a couple sponsors but kept them for myself. But... The sponsors I got would rather see their advertisement traveled, such as to the NADM events rather than stay in Missouri and hook. Lots of different factors. Give Show Me Smokers the money for Super Street Class or not get my Super Street Truck done this year. I chose to get my truck done and advertise show-mesmokers.com on my truck and help spread the word. And they have about 8 pulls a year as well.

That's exactly how Lucas laid it out to me and politely said no.

We filter vehicle, track, event, class, etc sponsorship proposals all of the time for quite a few of our clients. There is more to it than just which one. The goals of the company play a big roll in what they are willing to do and how they utilize it. In addition, the cost is usually different for a single vehicle vs class or event sponsorship.

As mentioned above, most of the companies we filter for, are A LOT more willing to hand out product than cash. Because, vehicle sponsorships usually draw a lot less out of the companies bottom line.

If you look at Lucas, they are the event sponsor for whatever you pull in. Then they have to additional vehicles. There gets to be a point that they have all of the penetration they need and anything else becomes wasted money. In addition to that, if we were filtering their applications, I would only look at the top two or three vehicles in the class we sponsor for maximum penetration. I wouldn’t even look at numbers 4 and back. We want our name in every photo possible surrounding that event. So, I’m going to pick the guys what win, my poster boys that get used for all advertising and the guys that are professional.

Take BBD for example. If I were looking to sponsor him, I wouldn’t be looking at him from a stand point of what he does for us at the 15 pulls. All said and done, the person in the stands will only see his truck for what, 20 seconds? Most of that is at 15+mph or with a huge cloud of dust around him. Are they really going to be able to see my decal? Probably not, or at least not enough to make a difference. I’m going to look at him because his truck is used in quite a few ads, gets a ton of magazine coverage, is accessible by fans, works the internet and supports his vendors. He offers a ton more than say a series with half a dozen events that don’t advertise nationally.

So, after all that blabbering, I guess the point is, it just depends.

now that is worth sponsering, if I had to pic between those or a 2.8/3.0 truck it would be hands down to the tractors

Depends on who your audience is. I have a client looking at 2.6 and stockers.

(*Disclaimer: Don't start sending me proposals. I'm just saying it depends on the goals.)