Spool Aid.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with what was said earlier about temp, humidity, throttle percent, vehicle temps, etc; their seem to be enough people doing this modification that someone is going to get it all ready and tackle it on one day. I have to agree that a data logger will show the best and most reliable results but not everyone wants one of those things cluttering up their engine bay. As the thread progresses the results will come... Just from what I read, understand, and comprehend with my small knowledge of engine basics and stuff it seems like a + gain.

Edit: If person has tuning software that (tuner cat, data master) where you can read and record data of the engine and outside air conditions, that would be fairly sufficient for comparing.

All the skeptics of course will chime in here... I ran last night at the strip my truck is decently built.. and with my tires aired down to 30 psi which I normally drag with and my first pass was with a 35 psi launch I spun for the first 10 feet.. it was amazing how hard the truck poped out of the whole I tried again with 25 psi and did the same things just not as bad... my egt's always have bin over 1600 and now im barley pushing over 1500.. whick for me is great... the same truck we have done th testing on still under all conditions has seen a 200 degree drop in full throttle egt's.. daily driving is down as well but not as much...

All the skeptics of course will chime in here... I ran last night at the strip my truck is decently built.. and with my tires aired down to 30 psi which I normally drag with and my first pass was with a 35 psi launch I spun for the first 10 feet.. it was amazing how hard the truck poped out of the whole I tried again with 25 psi and did the same things just not as bad... my egt's always have bin over 1600 and now im barley pushing over 1500.. whick for me is great... the same truck we have done th testing on still under all conditions has seen a 200 degree drop in full throttle egt's.. daily driving is down as well but not as much...

Did your times improve?

35psi launch...your gonna break your chit

I wish I could break something...If it wasn't so cold I might have but all I did was spin...it was very happy that my Garmon fat shaft trans holds up to the junk I throw at it....

Here was a finished kit we did for a another guy...

DSCN0804.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJt2w0NK5_M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJt2w0NK5_M[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx4l-O3ye7c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx4l-O3ye7c[/ame]

I'm trying make it look as good as possible... I wish I knew how to tig weld...!!!

What is the difference in the first and second video?

Did I miss it somewhere.

First no spood aid second video with spool aid?

And ya clean rig!

What is the difference in the first and second video?

Did I miss it somewhere.

First no spood aid second video with spool aid?

And ya clean rig!

No I have prior vids with out the spool aid.. but I added twin pumps recently as well... and a TST.. so my number would be clouded... just posting vids up.. showing it will hold up under extreme use...

BIG grandstand but no spectators- what have happen to America?

Last edited:
just took mine for a spin for the first time with the spool aid.

kinda difficult to pinpoint exactly what egts i have since i just put a super b special on and have run it for about 20 miles but anyway. it seems as though cruising egts are about the same. but throttle response feels like it is on torque managment 4 and im only on 2 with the smarty. it really drives nice i dont have to even touch the throttle barely and the thing is ripping down the road. once the turbo light (which seems like in half the time) it is game over the thing just never stops then.

i think if i throw some more fuel at it (100 horse injectors coming soon) it will keep the turbo lit at lower rpms and allow for lower egts over the whole boarddefinitily spools nasty though im gonna play with it a little to see how i like it!

maybe i will turn the smarty up a little bit higher? im on 5 with tnt so somewhere around 160 horse or so what do you guys think

ok some other results.

bottom line the thing spools like nascar. egts are lower and it is way more drivable. very glad i did this!

Status
Not open for further replies.