Spool Aid.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL No, that's not a mod you list in your sig. Kinda like "silencer ring mia".

Well the name people say is the kook aid,.!!!! Lmfao..., but honestly i want to name it the" wicked fast spooling cool make you fast and get it from me aid" hahahaha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well the name people say is the kook aid,.!!!! Lmfao..., but honestly i want to name it the" wicked fast spooling cool make you fast and get it from me aid" hahahaha

coulld call it (poor mans side flow)

I did an 20-30 deg angel on the pipe under the apps so I didn't need to move the apps.
The low end power is awsome no lag, it's like driving a gasser with diesel torque

My best guess for the holes being there is a way to afix a holding divice for the casting process, but im no expert on that at all...

The main reason for the freeze plug holes is to remove the sand in the casting process that goes for the block as well

:hehe: When it has "wicked fast" in the name you know I has to be good!

I did an 20-30 deg angel on the pipe under the apps so I didn't need to move the apps.
The low end power is awsome no lag, it's like driving a gasser with diesel torque

Got some pics?

The main reason for the freeze plug holes is to remove the sand in the casting process that goes for the block as well

Hm, makes more sense. And a freeze plug was an easy way to plug the hole.

I'll openly admit I'm a bit skeptical of 200* reduction in EGT's, etc, etc.

To truly test the effectiveness of this setup, you need to perform 5 baseline test runs with a pickup and take the average of the HP and Torque for all runs.

Then on the same day, same dyno, same weather conditions, install the new intake piping setup and dyno 5 more times. Then compare the averages between the two sets of runs.

If it truly helps with spoolup, you should see higher HP earlier in the run and a steeper graph indicating faster torque rise/torque gain.

As far as EGT's, it would be difficult to make a good comparison without a data acquisition system (data logger).

This is not a bash on the design, it looks cool, it looks like it could mildly-moderately improve airflow the 1st and 6th cylinders, but your dyno test with a 19% correction factor is too much for me to bite off. With that large of a correction factor, minor differences can create substantially different results.

Just as an example, on that dyno trip with the 19% correction factor, you should have tired a baseline run with an intake/air filter setup and then made a second run without a filter-open turbo. I'll bet the dyno might show a 10-30 HP increase. In real world driving, do you think an aftermarket air filter robs 10-30HP? I know on my 95' Junker race truck, the difference in trap speed between open turbo and intake filter is so minor that the MPH differences are insignificant. However, when I'm running open turbo, the truck does spool up at the line just a tiny bit better. Can I prove that it spools up better, no, so I do recognize that some benefits are unmeasurable.

I guess what I'm really trying to state is that it's difficult outside of a laboratory with a controlled environment to create fair scientific tests. Your best bet is to make changes on the same day and test with the same equipment. Until further testing and results, I'm going to chalk up this modification as "neat, cool, inventive, with unknown performance gain."

At WOT it's 150* lower,1550* Smarty TNT#9 lower and at highway 70mph about 50* lower. The smoke is mostly gone except when the TC is locked.

What is the exact size of the freeze plug holes in the head?
Going to try it on my truck.

Got a quote for a full P/P and intake :Throwup: I think i'll try this instead! Thanks!!

If you can put 20K lb. behind your truck and pull a 10% grade with your foot planted on the floor with the exact same tuning and get the same results...I'll by one now! As it's been said before, unless you are cruising the exact same stretch of road each time with the same humidity, same throttle %, same outside air temp, same vehicle speed, same engine coolant temp...you get the idea.

ive spent alot more for alot less, if it even helps cool i'll be satisfied

got it made havent run it yet have to trim the back pipe just a little bit. oh by the way do not make the pipe that goes into the head more than 4 inches long. mine was 4.5 on the back and lets just say it took me a while to get it in! but i got it. needed that .5 inch for hammer movement. havent run the truck yet need to make the intake horn a little longer now! but ah well. hopefully get to it this weekend. work is busy and cant turn that down in this stellar economy!

got it made havent run it yet have to trim the back pipe just a little bit. oh by the way do not make the pipe that goes into the head more than 4 inches long. mine was 4.5 on the back and lets just say it took me a while to get it in! but i got it. needed that .5 inch for hammer movement. havent run the truck yet need to make the intake horn a little longer now! but ah well. hopefully get to it this weekend. work is busy and cant turn that down in this stellar economy!

How many times did you ask, and how many times did I tell you, 4.00" x 1.500. Glad you got it made.

Along with what was said earlier about temp, humidity, throttle percent, vehicle temps, etc; their seem to be enough people doing this modification that someone is going to get it all ready and tackle it on one day. I have to agree that a data logger will show the best and most reliable results but not everyone wants one of those things cluttering up their engine bay. As the thread progresses the results will come... Just from what I read, understand, and comprehend with my small knowledge of engine basics and stuff it seems like a + gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.