Spool/diverter valve opinions

Pardon an inexperienced question, but then how do waste gates and vgt systems stay clean of soot? The actuator on the diverter valve didn't have enough surface area via boost pressure to overcome built up soot deposits?

How many cc's of fuel is Todd pushing through that cylinder head? That truck sure seems like a good mule to test the longevity of any hard part. Sorry to hear it cost a gtx to figure that out.

The diverter valve mechanism would get so stuck, we couldn't move it with a 12" crescent wrench latched onto the inch long actuator arm (with the canister removed). On the last go around we got some penetrating oil to soak in and free up the shaft enough that we were able to work it back and forth with a wrench and then work it back and forth by hand as it freed up, and that's the time it really froze up because we don't disassemble everything for a thorough cleaning.

VGT turbos have trouble if the ECM doesn't do a cleaning full sweep at every startup, and they are primarily on perfectly tuned, minimal soot, common rail engines, not 13mm mechanical injection 1000+HP trucks.

So I went ahead and picked up a diverter valve from another member on here. Install went okay, had to bend some a/c lines and wrestle with my downpipe a bit. Otherwise it was just a matter of reclocking the comp housing and such.

Disclaimer; my truck was running like **** before I ever contemplated throwing a spool valve on the manifold. Can't make more than 25psi out of a s476 and a 100% overs. My injectors are draining my rail to the point the 12mm cp3 can't keep up, so obviously I have an injector return/spray issue. Hazes like a **** at idle, smokes like a train wot.

Having said that, my driving experience with the BD diverter valve havnt changed the characteristics of the truck much, all I was excepting was a band aid fix at best. Drive pressure and egt's are definitely higher. But the truck does have better throttle response. Drivinto around I'm pretty worried about dp, I'm seeing 7+ psi of dp and 3psi of boost. I need to double check for boost leaks.

I ran a BD diverted valve on my secondary.
Same results as was posted by others....works fine for awhile, then it seized in the closed position. (Resulted in very high drive pressure.)
Only had to happen twice, and I pulled it off.
It is sitting somewhere in the shop, covered in soot, and dust bunnies now.