Spool up

Well I am glad that I am not the only one that is slightly confused by this,, LOL

I'm thinkin' if I can get this figured out correctly, I can go down to the University and get some credits to complete the math and science portion of the degree...

Correct. On odd number smarty programs, 0 (default) is the same as timing level #1(stock smarty timing).

On even number programs, 0 (default) is stock dodge, not stock smarty. So no change in factory timing.

One thing I don't know... Is if TNT/r timing level #4 is more, or less than factory stock timing.

The way I read this the first part of your post is incorrect. On odd software numbers 0 default will give the most timing. timing #2.
the following is from the Mads site.

I believe the TNT R #4 is a little more advanced than stock

The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.
This is only true if you do not adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the
even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer
in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels. This is most important for
the timing. When Smarty is set back to default with key # 0, the even numbered software's will use the stock timing and the odd
numbered ones the advanced timing.

You guys are making this to hard, these numbers are all the options NOT the CATCHER #'s

TNT and TNT/R

#0- Gives you the most Timing, which also is the same amount of timing as #2
#1- Bone Stock Timing, same as running even #'ed Catchers
#2- Gives you the most Timing, which also is the same amount of timing as #0
#3- Less timing than #0 & #2, more timing than #4 and # 1
#4- Less Timing than #0, #2, & #3, more timing than #1

For the REVO software

#0- Default timing, same as timing set on #2
#2- Default timing, same as timing set on #0
#3- The least amount of timing add, so less than #0, #2, & #4, more timing than #1
#4- The most amount of timing added, more timing than #0, #1, #2, and #3.

TNT and TNT/R

#0- Gives you the most Timing, which also is the same amount of timing as #2
#2- Gives you the most Timing, which also is the same amount of timing as #0
#3- Less timing than #0 & #2, more timing than #4 and # 1
#4- Less Timing than #0, #2, & #3, more timing than #1

This does not agree with what Marco has previously posted.

Tried this tonight #2- Default timing, same as timing set on #0
sure slows down the spool up. I tried an even catcher but did not like how it sounded even when idling.

Did you try timing #1... Well I guess you did running the even numbers. What about timing #4?

Did you try timing #1... Well I guess you did running the even numbers. What about timing #4?

looking for the least timing to get the chargers lit quick. Revo software/ I see it as 4 would give me the most timing.

With the REVO software the least amount of timing (or most retarded, whatever you wanna call it) would be 1 .

The Timing on the Revo is
1-Most retarded/Stock (Default on Even #'s)
3-Less retarded or more advanced
2-Even less retarded or even more advanced (Default on Odd #'s)
4-Least retarded or most advanced

1 will fire the injector latest in the cycle, thus more heat will be leaving the cylinder sooner, fuel consumption will increase, and EGT's will be higher but spool up should be quicker,

4 would fire the injector soonest in the cycle, raise cylinder pressures, and increase heat in the cylinder but will lower EGT's (because it is burning more completely in the cylinder), and lower fuel consumption.

looking for the least timing to get the chargers lit quick. Revo software/ I see it as 4 would give me the most timing.

I thought you were running Revo/TNT???? I run the regular Revo software and I run timing 3 for spoolup when towing. That is the least but more than stock.

Flux 6.5's Rob...really? I'm feeling a lil inadequate with my measily 200hp sticks, hehe. The PPE you were running was supposed to be the "light" timing version, right? And on the Smarty TNT, timing 2 (default) is supposed to be the highest, I believe. Try switching the timing and see how she runs. In theory, increased fuel should help spool those big chargers quicker. But then again, you're running garden hoses for sticks, so who the he'll knows!

Yeah no doubt...I'd like to know more about how his truck drive with those 6.5's and how it does when it is tuned witht he electronics and how driveable it is...I "only" have flux 5.1's in mine:) This thread has me wanting bigger turbo's now too...Never enough

Back