Spool up

My spool up went from horribe to good. Just cannot understand 100% why?
Primary would lite near 2300rpm with electronics ie PPE/Smarty, now with no electronics the sucker is on fire near 2,000rpm. Makes it alot of fun to DD. Of course max boost is down and top end power is pulled back, however I could manage with that if I have better street manners.
The temperature outside is around 10f..

All comments and theory's are welcome.
Rob

Stock software has much less timing, mainly down low to increase spool up.

Retarded timing = more boost, quicker spool-up, more low end grunt.

Advanced timing = less boost, more mid and peak HP.

I tell you with Flux 6.5's and no electronics it is blast to drive. The latest developments have got me second guessing changing huffers.

Rob

Yup! Very little smoke, good manners, and crazy fast spool.

Did well towing the camper and quad trailer last summer!

So what timing to I go with?

turbos are 71/73/13ss over a 95mm S500

The cold air is a huge factor, its like being on a small shot of the juice....all the time! Even the lightest throttle and they are singing.....hooked on the sled when its ball sack sweating +90 they are a DOG.

Going to make it to a a dyno?

The cold air is a huge factor, its like being on a small shot of the juice....all the time! Even the lightest throttle and they are singing.....hooked on the sled when its ball sack sweating +90 they are a DOG.

Going to make it to a a dyno?

Was supposed to go today, I bailed... snowing real bad right now. I'm off after the 18th for a couple weeks, I may try and roll test it then.

Run the TNT or TNT/r with TIMING 4. Most retarded timing for Nitrous and water/meth. It will help low end spool.

Timing 4 would add alot of timing... timing 0 is where I run, on level 8

Timing 4 would add alot of timing... timing 0 is where I run, on level 8

On the TNT and TNT/r #4 should be less timing than 3, and 3 is less than 2.

On standard REVO, it goes the other way...

If you run an even number power level, on timing "0" you are running stock timing.

TNT R timing 1 would be stock timing.
Stock timing is the lowest.
I run timing 4 for spool up.

Yes,, level 8 timing 0 = stock timing,, 1 a bit more timing, and so on,,, is that not correct.... Im sure that there is a post somewheres about this

Doug, you would spool faster on level 0.. more topend on level 4. But dont run the big timing if you are running nitrous

hmm, that is weird, but straight from the Boss mans mouth er keyboard.. I stand corrected...

From what I understand, "stock" timing is not stock, but rather timing for stock injectors. I could be wrong about this, i'll try to find out when I talk to the man.

Yeah I would like to know too... I really thought that 1 was just a little extra timing, and was using it as such,, maybe that was a contributing factor to the exit of the rods through the side of my engine,, LOL

From what I understand, "stock" timing is not stock, but rather timing for stock injectors. I could be wrong about this, i'll try to find out when I talk to the man.

Correct. On odd number smarty programs, 0 (default) is the same as timing level #1(stock smarty timing).

On even number programs, 0 (default) is stock dodge, not stock smarty. So no change in factory timing.

One thing I don't know... Is if TNT/r timing level #4 is more, or less than factory stock timing.

ok, so even programs with timing 0 is the absolute lowest timing possible with smarty?

ok, so even programs with timing 0 is the absolute lowest timing possible with smarty?

Unless TNT/r timing level #4 is lower than stock timing.

That is the only thing I am not sure about.

That is my understanding as well...

Lowest timing possible is the "default" on even numbered SW's which gives you "stock Dodge" timing. To my understanding... talking to Marco about this a few years ago, all levels of timing that Smarty offers that is different than "dodge" timing will be higher; it is just a matter of how much. Even timing with "huge injectors and nitrous" is more than "stock Dodge timing"...

Again, I have to qualify that statement as "my understanding"... seems things have really gotten out of control in terms of understanding it all since Revo/ Revo TnT and etc have come along.

Back