Springfield, TN Street Legal Truck Pull - June 25

it was good, they had a new sled, he put a lot of weight on the sled for the unlimited class. i think he was scared !!! I talked to one of the officials after the pull, he said that the sled driver didn't know what to expect from us so he played it safe. I don't know how far we pulled, could'nt hear, i think it was in the middle to low 200 ft range. the weight came on so fast and heavy we barely got on top of the charger, before it pulled us down.

I have to agree that sled was way to heavy it I didnt even have enough track to light my charger either before the weight hit it didnt really matter since my pinion broke at the 219 mark:doh: but it was great meeting you guys good luck at sturgis tonight

Thanks, Welcome to Tn. there are some pritty good pulls around middle Tn. & southern Ky. I'm sure we'll meet up again soon.

Nice pull Barry. Sure looks like that sled threw the hooks out on you haha.

Need to get on a good sled so we can see your truck stretch it's neck out and run!

My wife took that video, I know she had a rent a cop trying to make her move back behind the fence the whole time she was trying to video. Tom I'll let her know. Ha ha !!!

Damn, now I feel an inch tall...

Sorry Barry!

I thought I heard Brad tellin the guy off...

Oh i'm just giving you a hard time. Brad was standing beside her. She's a good sport.

Lol, good deal.

My wife takes video for me at the pulls. She's alot better at it than I am.

The Springfield Fair Board just won't listen! That is one of the reasons I don't like pulling there!

When I first went over there I had a Box(TS MP8)so I was considered an "Outlaw" truck. I argued with them for an hour and gave up! By the end of the night I volunteered to write a set of rules for them they agreed, but they wanted to get there own rules on top of it....Which explains the "unload out side the gate"! A Stock Class. They wanted to make the rules so that no one with any power was able to pull, they also wanted to make it so that a local boy would win.

I tried to help them and I did get some of the rules corrected. It's a shame it's usually a good pull surface, and has potential to be a great pull....but not with the current Fair Board running the show!

Dang barry just come on down to lynnville in sept and I promise u will have all the fun u can stand

Chase, keep me posted on the Sept pull, we will do our best to make it. this old Duramax seems to be running a little better. maybe we can be competitive this time.

The Springfield Fair Board just won't listen! That is one of the reasons I don't like pulling there!

When I first went over there I had a Box(TS MP8)so I was considered an "Outlaw" truck. I argued with them for an hour and gave up! By the end of the night I volunteered to write a set of rules for them they agreed, but they wanted to get there own rules on top of it....Which explains the "unload out side the gate"! A Stock Class. They wanted to make the rules so that no one with any power was able to pull, they also wanted to make it so that a local boy would win.

I tried to help them and I did get some of the rules corrected. It's a shame it's usually a good pull surface, and has potential to be a great pull....but not with the current Fair Board running the show!

I don't know if they looked under anyones hood this time around. After what they said to you a couple of pulls ago (and me with my Attitude monitor), they let the guy with the purple 12V Cummins pull in the "Stock" class blowin' all kinds of smoke. I guess it's just a "Forrest Gump-box of chocolates" deal. I wish I had more "pull" in this pull...all I can do is talk to the guys I know and see what happens. If I had a big enough field, bleachers, and could book a sled we wouldn't have to worry about it. Phil, you or anyone else feel free to post what rules need to change. The only other way I can think of to get changes is for all the usual pullers to get together and voice an opinion together. So...Chris, Matt, Phil, Barry, Joe, others...what would you like to see? And if there is any icing on the cake, what are the chances of the Cheatham, Dickson, and Robertson fairs all having the same rules? Also who was telling me about a potential Clarksville pull? Whats up with that.

Chase, keep me posted on the Sept pull, we will do our best to make it. this old Duramax seems to be running a little better. maybe we can be competitive this time.

You were competitive last time.

Didn't you finish 3rd, with Brad driving your truck in for 4th right after you?

well Tom, It wouldn't go past 2nd gear & and the converter wouldn't lock up. I never even asked how we placed, i thought we were way back in the pack.