Stepped Covers and Bushings in 2.6" or not?

Bushings and Stepped covers in 2.6" classes or not?

• DO NOT allow bushings or stepped covers in 2.6" class

Votes: 80 63.0%
  • Allow bushed or stepped cover chargers that have a 2.6" inlet?

Votes: 47 37.0%

• Total voters
3.0 guys don't drop down because most have open driveline

Yes... But there is a big push to allow open driveline or looser driveline rules for the 2.8" class currently. Meaning if that happened the 3.0" guys could drop down with the 2.8" guys just as easily as the 2.8" guys are dropping down to the 2.6" class now.

Why would i pull in my normal class then go "open":doh: my point is the 2.6 and 2.8 is too close and rules alow a 2.8 to drop to 2.6!

Far as RPM limit...4500 is too high!!! That would give the p-pump truck an advantage! 3500 RPM will be fair to all trucks (p-pump, vp44 and CR)

Why would i pull in my normal class then go "open":doh: my point is the 2.6 and 2.8 is too close and rules alow a 2.8 to drop to 2.6!

Far as RPM limit...4500 is too high!!! That would give the p-pump truck an advantage! 3500 RPM will be fair to all trucks (p-pump, vp44 and CR)

Get outta here with that 3500RPM max crap! That's laughable it's so obsurd. LOL :doh: :badidea: :nail:

Just messin a little bit, but seriously. That's entirely too low as a max. rpm IMO.

Get outta here with that 3500RPM max crap! That's laughable it's so obsurd. LOL :doh: :badidea: :nail:

Just messin a little bit, but seriously. That's entirely too low as a max. rpm IMO.

Yeah that does sound a bit low...but just tryn to level the playin feld...anything above 4000 then a p-pump truck will have the upper hand! Think how maney vp truck will be in that class...if they dont have to run with a 4500 RPM p-pump!

Yeah that does sound a bit low...but just tryn to level the playin feld...anything above 4000 then a p-pump truck will have the upper hand! Think how maney vp truck will be in that class...if they dont have to run with a 4500 RPM p-pump!

Yes but for the Ppump to run the RPM they move the timing up, which hurts the torque. The VP should be able to run the same charger at a lower rpm as a ppump.

Hot Rod and SmokeShow....... You're right on! :Cheer:

X2 :clap:

2.6 is an awesome class here in Ohio (and in Kentucky). Don't monkey it up because you can't compete. 2.8 has already died here and I see no reason to bring it back. If people are afraid to progress any farther because of driveline issues, what's the point in having it?

RPM limits are gay!

The days of pulling your daily driver are and have been over. Go buy a worn out truck, strip it down and build a puller. Don't monkey it up because you can't afford a better turbo because of your truck payment being too high or it won't pull your hay wagon as good the next week.

And I applaud COTPC for letting people BUILD trucks in each class. No rule books a mile long to go through.

And I agree with Johnboy. No rule will be sufficient until you limit the exducer.

finally a little support. LOL I was beginning to question myself and think I might really be a fool..... Sike. :lolly: LOL

All of this "off the shelf" talk about chargers. Someone please define what an "off the shelf" turbo is.

:doh::nail::redx:

Yea lets name some, i can only think of a few 2.6 box chargers that will work on a street truck "UNALTERED" meaning no swapping exh housings or comp wheels no nothing. Calling up your local CAT, cummins, Johndeere dealer whay ever and ordering an over the shelf turbo because any of the others are considered custom if you change anything. I will start Pro 52

Last edited:
Off the shelf is a dumb way to describe them all. 2.6 compresser wheel measured at the biggest part of the wheel. With a 2.6 inducer bore as well.

In my opinion the biggest thing to remember is what the 2.6 class was made for. It was made to even the playing field turbo wise for your street trucks. Sure people are going to build trucks for the class. People have been doin that since the begining of truck pulling doesnt matter the class. The class wasnt built for the guys who couldnt make their 2.8 trucks run in their perspective class a place to go. So why let them bush down? If they were able to run in that class or have a truck built for it, i dont think its passed their capabilities to get a true 2.6 charger. As long as its a "true" 2.6 charger meaning no bushing no stepped charger then whatever goes on inside the charger is fair game. Trucks that drive on the street won't be consistently out front every night but they wont be anyway due to the fact there is purposly built trucks and always will be no matter the rulebook. The rulebook is to prevent what you do let guys build though

X2 :clap:

2.6 is an awesome class here in Ohio (and in Kentucky). Don't monkey it up because you can't compete. 2.8 has already died here and I see no reason to bring it back. If people are afraid to progress any farther because of driveline issues, what's the point in having it?

RPM limits are gay!

The days of pulling your daily driver are and have been over. Go buy a worn out truck, strip it down and build a puller. Don't monkey it up because you can't afford a better turbo because of your truck payment being too high or it won't pull your hay wagon as good the next week.

And I applaud COTPC for letting people BUILD trucks in each class. No rule books a mile long to go through.

And I agree with Johnboy. No rule will be sufficient until you limit the exducer.

Great ANOTHER smartass with nothing usefull to contribute but a bunch of useless banter! Once again! I ask you... WHAT CHARGERS ARE YOUR 2.6" CLASS TRUCKS RUNNING!?? I bet they've got exducers bigger than 2.6"! Thats why you don't have a 2.8" class!

The days of pulling your daily driver may be over, but they never SHOULD have been! The 2.6" class was DESIGNED for the hot street truck! But to use your term... The 2.8" guys "Monkied it up!"

As for your ignorant rant about money.. LOL... I don't know about the others here. My truck was paid for in CASH the day it left the dealership. I've spent an insane amount of money on mods to build a true 2.6" truck and because a bunch of guys who can't cut the mustard in 2.8" have dropped down to 2.6" I have ZERO chance at making the front of the pack!

Hell I'll admit it! I'm stretching the rules of what a true 2.6" truck should be and still can't compete only because I want to run a TRUE 2.6" charger!! I've got a full competition port job on the head, with sheet metal intake, aftermarket cam, coated pistons, treated and shot peened 12V rods and all the other goodies to match.

I assure you! I've spent the money! That's not the issue! So lets quit... *bdh*

All of this "off the shelf" talk about chargers. Someone please define what an "off the shelf" turbo is.

:doh::nail::redx:

Yeah... I screwed up. I should have used "True 2.6" Exducer Size Charger"

Off the shelf is a dumb way to describe them all. 2.6 compresser wheel measured at the biggest part of the wheel. With a 2.6 inducer bore as well.

Once again... I screwed up. I should have used "True 2.6" Exducer Size Charger" I'll try to have one of the moderators change it.

In my opinion the biggest thing to remember is what the 2.6 class was made for. It was made to even the playing field turbo wise for your street trucks. Sure people are going to build trucks for the class. People have been doin that since the begining of truck pulling doesnt matter the class. The class wasnt built for the guys who couldnt make their 2.8 trucks run in their perspective class a place to go. So why let them bush down? If they were able to run in that class or have a truck built for it, i dont think its passed their capabilities to get a true 2.6 charger. As long as its a "true" 2.6 charger meaning no bushing no stepped charger then whatever goes on inside the charger is fair game. Trucks that drive on the street won't be consistently out front every night but they wont be anyway due to the fact there is purposly built trucks and always will be no matter the rulebook. The rulebook is to prevent what you do let guys build though

THANK YOU! Another one who gets it!

Here's something I thought about while reading the thread about the 2.8" class and the issues with tech.

You wouldn't have to tech EVERY truck. Run your normal tech before the class pulls, once the class is done pulling those trucks go to an impound area. You start with the truck who finished first. IF he checks out legal on the compressor exducer you're done! If not you boot him and go on to truck number 2. You go on like that untill you find somebody with a legal wheel. The first truck with a legal wheel starts the placing.

Yes.. There are drawbacks. That guy who had the stepped cover charger and STILL couldn't run with the true 2.6" trucks and took second place may have just bumped somebody deserving out of the money at this event, but eventually you'll catch him at another event if he ever gets his truck running correctly.

Running tech like this won't take all that much time out of the evening, but eventually after a few pulls you'd get to the point where you could just glance at the engine compartment of everybodies truck locally and could say... "Alright, this truck was teched last weekend and I can see that nothings been changed... He's good to go!"

Your big events like SDX... Tech everybody who takes money.

Usually on local level there isn't enough cash in the pot to worry about teching everybody who takes money. Tech first place, make an example outta him if you have to. Go on with life.

Another way to look at this....

If a truck competing in the 2.6" class could easily bump up to 2.8" and be competitive, should he really be in 2.6"?

The way the rules are now, you've got several trucks running in 2.6" that get paid when they run the 2.8" class as well.

Whats wrong with that picture!?

A 2.6" truck SHOULD NEVER be able to compete with a 2.8" truck!

Great ANOTHER smartass with nothing usefull to contribute but a bunch of useless banter! Once again! I ask you... WHAT CHARGERS ARE YOUR 2.6" CLASS TRUCKS RUNNING!?? I bet they've got exducers bigger than 2.6"! Thats why you don't have a 2.8" class!

Yeah... I screwed up. I should have used "True 2.6" Exducer Size Charger"

Once again... I screwed up. I should have used "True 2.6" Exducer Size Charger" I'll try to have one of the moderators change it.

You wouldn't have to tech EVERY truck. Run your normal tech before the class pulls, once the class is done pulling those trucks go to an impound area. You start with the truck who finished first. IF he checks out legal on the compressor exducer you're done! If not you boot him and go on to truck number 2. You go on like that untill you find somebody with a legal wheel. The first truck with a legal wheel starts the placing.

You screwed up again. The 2.6" better be the inducer of the turbo - I'm not interested in seeing a class with a 2.6" exducer.

COTPA had an exducer rule on the 2.6 class for the 2008 season. It sucked to tech on the Dmaxes. Not sure how else I can put that but if you can't pop the cover off the turbo in a couple of minutes its too hard to tech. i remember the teching that took place at Urbana in 2008 took hours for the 3 ( I think) trucks that were teched.

A 2.6" Inducer would be the rules we have now!? So I guess I'm a little confused by your post.

2.6 at the biggest part of the wheel? What did those come on? A VW? LOL :doh: :poke: Guess you mean the largest part of the inducer of the comp. wheel. Just ahd to :poke: a little. :Cheer:

Go to 2.5" and be done with it! It'll create the gap that should be between this class and 2.8. No other rule change but that with no bushings, etc., and your gap would be as it should. Done deal.