Stock CP3 vs. Modded ???

The E/T to HP calc sucks... What was the trap speed?

I have never been able to drain my fuel rail? I think sumthing is wrong with my truck?? I havent had any lift pump failures, or in fact anything with the engine, just the trans.. I have the tst stacked with the smarty, with the edge ez? What could be wrong with my truck?

If you can't drain the rail then leave it alone, don't upgrade. I am confused timbeaux. You are calling comp461 "greg", but his avatar is a pic of that BANKS GUY???? He uses alot of big words, but still cannot explain his point???
Who he is doesn't matter, but I am confused. thanks in advance.

here is the data log of the 161 mph pass, notice the rail pressure line , its at or around 26,800 lbs ,

Last edited:
ok, we have a graph of an aftemarket cp3 holding high HP. Now I want to see one of those stock fuel system 600 + hp all #2 fuel trucks.? No N2O and NO water.:pop:

greg is the guy in the drivers seat of that picture, the guy taking all the orders... LOL :poke:

sootman said:
ok, we have a graph of an aftemarket cp3 holding high HP. Now I want to see one of those stock fuel system 600 + hp all #2 fuel trucks.? No N2O and NO water.:pop:
Let it go man. It happened two years ago LOL. I will try to dig it up, but if you still feel inferior I can give you the names of at least 50 TDR guys that were at the event and saw it themselves. 600 is old news, I don't know if I even have it any more.

edit: lucky you, I did find it.... now to get t scanned

Last edited:
sootman said:
600 plus hp with stock CP3 and stock sticks??!!! is this dyno proven hp?

sootman said:
Now I want to see one of those stock fuel system 600 + hp all #2 fuel trucks.? No N2O and NO water.:pop:

Here you go sootman... Stock injectors, Stock cp3, Bully Dog downloader, Tst, 66 turbo, and GDP fuel system.

The same day on the same dyno I put 100+hp on 3rd gens with modded singles. Obviously duals weren't around yet... I know this doesn't happen very often but lmills truck and mine are proof that every once in a while it happens. :Cheer:

MokanJuly13007.jpg

Timbeaux38 said:
The E/T to HP calc sucks... What was the trap speed?

I know its not as good as the MPH to HP calc, by just going by said HP its proof that Greg is either a liar or mistyped the HP(should be alittle over 600) or Project X is pure junk.

i guess i'll take your word for it. we've got this guy in houston that adjusts his dyno to make his customers happy. you know an extra 100 to 150 hp. LOL Bring that same truck to my dyno and I bet It will break you heart. I don't adjust the brake on mine.:poke:

LOL! I guess it was just around 400hp last summer... My heart is broken.

When I go to Houston in October I'll swing by and get on your dyno.

You can not use MPH in Hp calculations when the truck is gear bound. Gear Bound is when a particular race vehicle is out of rpm on the big end of the track, I don’t care about MPH , ET is the only thing that wins races , I will give up 20 mph any time to gain a .10 in 60 foot. Project X will pick up 10 to 12 mph with a tire or gear change, but the 1.60 60’s will suffer. Nitrous has nothing to do with fueling, so if its on nitrous or not , on twins or not the ability to fuel a particular hp level is only limited by the residual rail pressure.

In a common rail the higher the rail pressure the more fuel in lbs per hour delivered thru a given size nozzle. This higher pressure equates to better atomization and penetration in to the available air. This leads to a defiant increase in BSFC this is a real gain in power. If you are limited in the amount of fuel available you need to use every last ounce to make power. And thus my positions on excessive smoke, if it smokes you are letting precious fuel go out the tail pipe

The secret to any development program is to make small calculated changes and back these up with verifiable, data. Knowledge is king

I believe that some time people charge up a hill and instead of going to the top , they over shoot and arrive on the other side . The problem with this is instead of backing up, they try to make other changes to work with the first over shoot , and the resultant is becoming lost!!!!!!, this happens in every sport , from Pro Stock to Nascar

Luken said:
What injectors does project x have?

Stock like all the other high-hp CR dodges.:hehe: Mine are stock too. Well, atleast until the 700hp mark is reached. Luken if you have a HTS tranny in your truck, you get a discount on the dyno. (Proof of purchase required.) Was thinking about removing stg 3 cp3 for good stock one as next mod.LOL

COMP461 said:
You can not use MPH in Hp calculations when the truck is gear bound. Gear Bound is when a particular race vehicle is out of rpm on the big end of the track, I don’t care about MPH , ET is the only thing that wins races , I will give up 20 mph any time to gain a .10 in 60 foot. Project X will pick up 10 to 12 mph with a tire or gear change, but the 1.60 60’s will suffer. Nitrous has nothing to do with fueling, so if its on nitrous or not , on twins or not the ability to fuel a particular hp level is only limited by the residual rail pressure.

In a common rail the higher the rail pressure the more fuel in lbs per hour delivered thru a given size nozzle. This higher pressure equates to better atomization and penetration in to the available air. This leads to a defiant increase in BSFC this is a real gain in power. If you are limited in the amount of fuel available you need to use every last ounce to make power. And thus my positions on excessive smoke, if it smokes you are letting precious fuel go out the tail pipe

The secret to any development program is to make small calculated changes and back these up with verifiable, data. Knowledge is king

I believe that some time people charge up a hill and instead of going to the top , they over shoot and arrive on the other side . The problem with this is instead of backing up, they try to make other changes to work with the first over shoot , and the resultant is becoming lost!!!!!!, this happens in every sport , from Pro Stock to Nascar

you posted a 7.65 1/8 & a supposed 863hp, nowhere in that last post did you try to explain it. So why does a calc. work on every other truck except for one? You could go by times run by 12.0 index truck & their only running 600-650HP no calc there. You bring up being gearbound, how does that even figure into 1/8 mile times?You make no sense.

sootman said:
Stock like all the other high-hp CR dodges.:hehe: Mine are stock too. Well, atleast until the 700hp mark is reached. Luken if you have a HTS tranny in your truck, you get a discount on the dyno. (Proof of purchase required.) Was thinking about removing stg 3 cp3 for good stock one as next mod.LOL

Your a tool... Actually the baddest cr on fuel right is running Flux injectors and ats twin pumps. No nitrous needed to run in the top pack.

A friend of mine had one of the "awesome" modded pumps... After installing the twin pumps he gained damn near 100hp on the same dyno. If I were you, I'd stop fooling around with modded singles and go to twins.

What does your truck run?

Luken said:
A friend of mine had one of the "awesome" modded pumps... After installing the twin pumps he gained damn near 100hp on the same dyno. If I were you, I'd stop fooling around with modded singles and go to twins.
Thats something thats tryed & true on Dmaxs, one pump no matter whats done will never flow the same as 2.

So who's got the baddest CR on #2 only.?:pop: James? I don't care who has the baddest CR on fuel only. My truck runs on diesel by the way. I bet I will be the only truck at Houston running 11's with stock sticks. I'll sell you these bad beaatch"s afterward.:evil if you were me, you would run dual pumps? run'em yourself dude. Quit nuthuggin on somelse's truck. Makes you look pathetic.

Last edited:
sootman said:
i guess i'll take your word for it. we've got this guy in houston that adjusts his dyno to make his customers happy. you know an extra 100 to 150 hp. LOL Bring that same truck to my dyno and I bet It will break you heart. I don't adjust the brake on mine.:poke:
nice try, but once again you are wrong. mine was on a dyno jet inertia dyno with no brake applied

Lmills, I will never doubt what a 5.9L will do in hp dept. If your motor made that much power with stock fuel system consider yourself lucky. I never had a problem making big power with my truck with the stock CP3, but If you want more than you have to add more. Don't care about being the baddest CR in the country. I am interested in seeing how much power this motor will make with what cummins gives you.(stock long block) I think making alot of power with stock parts is much more impressive than buying everything from a catalog that you can throw at it. I guess I learned that from super stock racing. Try getting a 302 powered mustang into the 9's on motor with a standard tranny.