Stock CP3 vs. Modded ???

noreaster, if 2 pumps are mandatory, then how is project X making so much power with only a stage II pump. Hell, he can step up to a bigger single pump. I am by no means jumping on anyones bandwagon, but I don't think Greg can lie about those numbers on the horsepower tour. Yeah, that motor is pretty radical, zz,NX fogger,cam,head ported, and sb66. None of that means crap without the fuel delivery. He's making as much power as the top CR's with dual pumps right now. That's whats wrong right now, no diesel mechanics just parts changers. My hat is off to all the guys on this site who are doing it with trial and error and forging new ground in the name of the cummins 5.9L no matter how many valves or what fuel system.:Cheer:

I see your a SS racers, I have been racing a SS/DM and having a blast, kind of like Comp with out all the big money.
I’m currently working on a set of rules for SS/TA-diesel, 4200 lbs minimum one or two, turbo’s, but with a 2.5 inch doughnut. A sealed .083 nitrous solenoid.

This will be fun, fast and reliable

You understand the tried and true methods in SS and Competition Eliminator use to make power, that is all we have done of Project X Diesel, its still a 218,000 mile short block , nothing more then the average diesel gearhead couldn’t do just a II silver Bullet 66 , their 3 flow small injectors , CP3 II pump and a cylinder head and my MaxSpool II Cam . tell me what is so special about that .it even has the stock head gasket with ARP 2000 head studs which up until yesterday had not even been retorqued , no o-rings . .

This is my super stock ride SS/DM and a picture of a 300 cid Chevy intake , this is where Greg at ZZ learned to build manifolds

Last edited:
here is my SS/DM and here is a 300 inch SB this is the type manifold that Greg at ZZ started on

Last edited:
my bad. brain fart. ss/bm.:doh: just sold car and I am concentrating on diesel only.

killerquad, that is the bad thing about forums. everybody gets off the subject. i would run a stg 2 cp3 with power levels you are looking at.

:Cheer:

Oh i know ... im on about every ATV Forum out there and the way these guys build DIESEL Motors i Build ATV Motors for racing ... So i know about the Tangents that everyone goes on in forums... but GOOD LORD .... At least you will read one post out of 10 that has something to do with the TOPIC At hand and not a 12yr old POOP Throwing Contests.... most of these get deleted quick or get cut and pasted into another THREAD that they can continue to Whin a little more ....

But ... THANK YOU, SOOT ....

killerquad, I am finishing up my turbo charged 2007 kawasaki bruteforce. 840cc fourstroke tech kit. billet rods etc... that is something you can appreciate. 100+ hp 4wd utility bike.:rockwoot:

sootman said:
killerquad, I am finishing up my turbo charged 2007 kawasaki bruteforce. 840cc fourstroke tech kit. billet rods etc... that is something you can appreciate. 100+ hp 4wd utility bike.:rockwoot:

That right there IS Something to :drool1: over ... i bet some guys in the GNCC Ute. Class will look at that now, they want more power all the time ... With most of them Runing Mickie's motors anyway, just toss a Charger on it and GET IT .... Can you make this Water proof, mud proof, and 3 hr endurance race Proof ... LOL

Very nice ... :rockwoot:

So what other mods do people have with the the 700+ Stock CP3 ... are they Spraying or is it all fuel only, cause im a fuel only guy, i cant really run NO2 while pulling my trailer down the highway .... :rockwoot:

can't make it mud proof. why do you think I did it.stock motor went bye bye along time ago. it is an IHI turbo pushing right at 12psi. launched it in 4 high the other day and all 4 tires tried coming off the ground like a frog. ran a 450r with 14 to 1 and cool head at the sand drags. drug him by at least 6 bikes. he is 130lbs. i am 235lbs. you know what the bikes weigh.

I am in the same bout as this guys. i am going with shanes stage 3 pump. it will handle the power i want to get to and be reliable. I also can't run duals and don't want to. no need unless it is a strick competition truck in my eyes. I would give shane a call and talk with him or john. they won't steer you wrong on what pump to get for ur needs and what u want to do with the truck in the future.

Wow, this thread came back from the dead. It does bring up some great X comments though.

well whats the deal...wickeds new pumps? floorits big pumps? II? ppe duals...midatlantic duals what are you guys seeing producing the best performance