Stock First-Gen HP and TQ Rating?

RustyBolts

Just like the title says. What is the Horsepower and Torque rating of a Stock 89-93 Cummins?

160 HP/ 400 Ft Lbs.

Donut to the first with the corresponding RPM specs...

160 HP/ 400 Ft Lbs.

Donut to the first with the corresponding RPM specs...

How's this? . . . .

PowerRPM.jpg

:clap::thankyou2:Thanks Y'all!!!
Next Question: What turbo did the first gen use? (and no, this is not a pop quiz)

'89-91 was a 54mm inducer with a 18.5cm exhaust housing; 91.5-92 was a 56mm inducer with a 21cm exhaust housing, 92.5-93 was a 56mm inducer with a 18.5cm exhaust housing.

Here's David's donut.

DG1.jpg

DG2.jpg

DG3.jpg

Actualy the N/IC trucks from 89-91.5 had a H1C with a 50mm wheel, These were known as baby H1C's. And as far as I know and have measured all the 91.5-93 trucks have had an H1c with a 54mm compressor wheel.

Actualy the N/IC trucks from 89-91.5 had a H1C with a 50mm wheel, These were known as baby H1C's. And as far as I know and have measured all the 91.5-93 trucks have had an H1c with a 54mm compressor wheel.

Okay. I knew that the inducer went from tiny to slightly-less-tiny in 91, I wasn't sure of the exact measurements though.

I was really just looking for an excuse to post the pictures of the cute girl with the donut. :rockwoot:

Also the non I/C generally put a little more to the ground than the I/C in stock form.

Many don't know the IC was added as a means of reducing oxides of nitrogen emissions. NOT for power. :)

You mean they were gettin p!$$y about NOx all the way back in '91? Wow. I kinda figured the reason for reduced power was because of the air having to be bent around so many corners when going thru an I/C. Reckon I was wrong.

What's a ballpark estimate of how many ponies can be got out of a First Gen on a stock Turbohuffer?

Now that's just the opposite of what you'd expect.

The Non-IC had better injectors (19% larger)

And the 1st gens aren't too impressive with a stock huffer. It's usually one of the first things that gets swapped.