Stomp the Go Pedal, sputters and pops

Roid

Just like that title states, if i stomp it it sputters, pops then takes the **** off.

whatcha think?

Check the fuel pressure, it sounds like its dropping rail pressure. May try swapping the FCA. Do you have a stock or modded CP3?

Be carefully if this started after changing tuning, you're going to melt it down. Could be too much timing/duration or loosing rail pressure. Lift pump supply too low.

Jake

Last edited:
Be carefully if this started after changing tuning, you're going to melt it down. Could be too much timing/duration or loosing rail pressure. Lift pump supply too low.

Jake

it has done it with a bullydog and the ssr

the PSI at the CP3 holds at 40PSI

Ok let us know. I do my own efi work. My truck has a hybrid 03/06 harness I built. Truck is competition only so its not applicable to put CAN based electronics on a SCI truck that is a driver.

Jake

Sounds like its running the rail dry. Do you have a rail pressure gauge?

bullydog and PPE both pop on 03/04's

have you loaded a bully dog file on your 06 ECM to see if it still does it?

Care to elaborate??

Been running over 30psi on numerous trucks for years with no issues.

It all depends on the modding of the Pump ...You put the much lift on My pump You may may blow the center O-ring..If you are not watching for it it may explode.For competition use You may want to run much higher lift. but for D/D I don't recommend that high.

Ok...I've ran II 85%, Shane's Stg3, and now stocker with Arson 3...and my puller runs twin stock pumps at 50psi, but gets DD 100miles a day.

Why the failure with your pump??

Ok...I've ran II 85%, Shane's Stg3, and now stocker with Arson 3...and my puller runs twin stock pumps at 50psi, but gets DD 100miles a day.

Why the failure with your pump??

Well.. either Buy form someone else or follow the builders recommendations... Your fishing expedition ends here.People follow My recommendations that why you will be hard press to fine any failure to workmanship or build.

Well.. either Buy form someone else or follow the builders recommendations... Your fishing expedition ends here.People follow My recommendations that why you will be hard press to fine any failure to workmanship or build.

Still doesnt answer the question. Is it some sort of secret squirrel stuff?

I'm not fishing jerk...just trying to be a informed consumer.

No other Cp3 company says that running high pressure will cause a failure...now I ask a simple question to see if they are just choosing to not say or if there is a specific reason why not with your pumps...and I get a smart azz remark....guess I know who I WON'T be buying or suggesting to my customers.

My customers are like me, prefer to be informed buyers and don't take the status quo as bible...so when they ask me about T&C pumps...my answer will be this..."Don't ask a question, cause you'll be called a fisherman".

OK ..I here Ya, I am in West Yellowstone MT at present, But Depending on the Mod running High lift Pressure will accelerate the wear on the Gear Pump,On all T&C mod Pumps We have already increased the low Pressure side...bad thing like exploded Pump, leaky pump under certain condition may occur,No body wants that.