Strength of a nv4500

With a billet input running 4th gear, nv4500's will hold quite a bit in a puller. We've been pushing 3.0 range hp through ours this year without an issue.

Beater truck just shucked 5th gear. That's 2 two Nv4500s in a ****ing week. Currently truckless

As previously stated, if they live in 4th your fine, I drove mine on the street. 3rd gear failures were my biggest issue. Eventually a 47re replaced mine!

Sent from my flashscan v2

Bye bye 5th gears in the truck that has maybe 600 hp. Cryo input holding still. Guess it's time for Cryo 5th gears.

Is this with regular street driving also, or just with your pullers? My buddy's work truck is pulling 15k daily and still surviving after 300k miles. Mind you it might be pushing only 350 hp, nothing too spectacular.

Best bet is set up truck to run 4th gear on low side, like everyone else said. All other gears are a ticking time bomb. And for the guy with 1000hp on the street, keep on dreaming, you'll be breaking a lot of trannys. lol

If nv4500s are weaker than nv5600 good luck keeping it alive on the street while making any power... I destroyed a couple pairs of gears in my nv5600 with only 13k miles on it. With fast coolers and amsoil synchromesh. It was also never pulled or ran down the strip just some rough street driving. Everything I read said g56 was even weaker. So now I been combating a bunch of issues with my 47re...

wow you guys have bad luck my 5600 is still going strong at 517 rwhp and I tow in 6th all the time.

Back