Strobes?

Go with Whelen hideaway led's. Strobes use and assload of power and create a ton of heat. Install them too close to the lens, you melt the lens. I got hideaway led's in my last new cruiser and they are very bright, no heat, and use like 1 amp. I believe you pick them up for about 65 bucks each. Plus, just power and ground, no giant strobe cables and power supply. Much easier to wire in. I would never use strobes again.

Check out AW Direct for prices.

Well since no one answers back here...And considering this will be first install of strobes, anyone have a how to guide LOL

Well since no one answers back here...And considering this will be first install of strobes, anyone have a how to guide LOL

Dude....it is easy as 1, 2, 4. LOL Cut hole, snap them in, run wires, and plug. The power supply should be labeled well enough to get them plugged in correctly. What do you need to know?

There are some nice flat spots on the tails near the reverse lights and on heads by turn signals that I used to mount mine. If you need me to I can snap some pics tonight if I can get the furnace installed in my garage with out to much trouble.

Ok thats what i thought...Just wanted to check! I hate electrical! Do you think I can manage to fit them in the cargo light? they sent me 8 of them!

I have seen cargo lights done but I dont know what is involved to make it work.

Ok, well when the truck gets back from having the head gaskets done, oil cooler, and 4 injectors, we will see about putting these in :nail:

Ok, well when the truck gets back from having the head gaskets done, oil cooler, and 4 injectors, we will see about putting these in :nail:

I feel your pain I did two injectors and the FICM last fall.:charger: I am saving for the HG's and studs now because I know it's just a matter of time.

I feel your pain I did two injectors and the FICM last fall.:charger: I am saving for the HG's and studs now because I know it's just a matter of time.

I have a total of $5200 for the oil cooler, studs, and HG, and install of 4 injectors....The next truck is definitely a F-150!

The truck I have now is going to full time tow rig status once it's paid off and I am either getting an EB Expedition or a Lariat Crew F150. By that time my truck should be pretty reliable since I will have everything fixed.LOL

The truck I have now is going to full time tow rig status once it's paid off and I am either getting an EB Expedition or a Lariat Crew F150. By that time my truck should be pretty reliable since I will have everything fixed.LOL

Well, mine is paid off, but I am in college. So as soon as I can make some money this thing is going in the barn!

Go buy a uni-bit that goes to at least 1".

Go buy a tube of hi temp silicone.

Pull your head/tail lights out find a nice spot where they will be highly visable from the other side.

Use the uni bit and slowly go bigger and bigger until the strobe fits down into the hole and the back sits flush against the housing.

Use liberal amounts of silicone to seal the strobe into the housing, and allow to sit overnight to cure if possible.

Reinstall light housings, run cables, power/ground/switches.......DONE!

I have Whelen 90 watt's in my 99...they get attention QUICK.

Your sh!t is broke, stop thinking about strobes:kick:

Sell me the Wilson!:thankyou2:

I used I believe a 1" hole saw. And if your strobe tubes are of any account, they will have a gasket around them and you won't have to dork them up like Red Green with a pound of silly-cone. $.02

Ok thanks guys! Just want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Yes adam, I just went and put the strobes in the closet...

I used I believe a 1" hole saw. And if your strobe tubes are of any account, they will have a gasket around them and you won't have to dork them up like Red Green with a pound of silly-cone. $.02

Last time I checked whelen wasn't junk, and my strobes didn't have gaskets around them. :what:

I asked my buddy who's EMS/Vol FF that I bought the truck from because I was transfering my strobes from OEM to aftermarket housings. He said silicone would be fine, and a year and a half later I haven't had any issues and my truck isn't babied. :kick:

Last edited:
To each their own. :D I just don't like installing brand new stuff and cobbling it all up with goop...I save that for things that fall off after they are broke. LOL My AW Direct brand had silicone gaskets around them and a screw to hold them in. Maybe the pop-in type don't have gaskets, I don't know.