Stuckey 8.91 @ 148

I just didn't fall off of the turnip truck. He coasted all right but after the finish line. It clean up not much after the 1/8 mile. You don't run that kind of mph coasting.

i'm not saying you are...the truck had the 48re in it for the 1/8 mile races it was running. it ran out of gear for the 1/4 mile.

i'm not saying you are...the truck had the 48re in it for the 1/8 mile races it was running. it ran out of gear for the 1/4 mile.

I wonder what it woulda done if they had it set up for the 1/4, either way that was an awesome pass. Congrats!!!

Not trying to nit pick, but how do you run out of gear at the 1/8 with a 48re? Do they use a gearvendor for 1/4 mile races?

the gearing the in rear axle must be a bigger (numerically) gear but i'm not sure of what that is to be exact. they run 33x18.50 dot slicks and the 48 for 1/8 mile...but for 1/4 mile they run what we call a 58 (its a 48 w/ an extra over drive unit on the tail housing).

hahhahahahahaha i just belly laughed at the video that was the funniest thing i seen in a while their reaction were crazy when stuckey took off ken didnt know how to act damn hippy i wish derren could have ran they would have chit down their legs if both ran together

just go on pg 9 to the youtube link and watch it its exactly the same as on the show you gotta watch it, its priceless

Not trying to nit pick, but how do you run out of gear at the 1/8 with a 48re? Do they use a gearvendor for 1/4 mile races?

I know I was talking to Robert at ORP 09...when they were having tranny problems and couldn't run...and he was helping me decide on how to gear my 1/2 ton. In the low 9's at the time, they were running out of gear with the 48RE and 3.55's....I know they were running the standalone style VB then, but don't know what or if they ever found more gear.

That's been a while ago, and the truck has gotten faster....so how accurate my info is now, I don't know!

Chris

None of that other stuff matters. What matters is that the AirDog it has on it does everything. Reads the light to leave @ 0.001 each time, it will pedal it for you if traction is lost then of course pushes all that fuel to the motor to finish it off. Gotta love them AirDogs!

None of that other stuff matters. What matters is that the AirDog it has on it does everything. Reads the light to leave @ 0.001 each time, it will pedal it for you if traction is lost then of course pushes all that fuel to the motor to finish it off. Gotta love them AirDogs!

Ha!!! Shows how confused you are....that's the chunchit valve!!

I'm actually surprised PPalmer didn't mention the chunchit valve:hehe: :hehe:

Chris

I understand were your coming from being a happy sponsor.
I think they run more N2O then fuel though....:doh:

So they could more then likely get by with a stock lift pump for now bif

a lot of smoke coming out from under the truck as it leaves the line. just wondering if that had done anything to the lights? i do remember somebody having that same problem a year or 2 ago.

Is this extra OD unit a Dodge unit?

It's just another overdrive unit bolted to the back of the original overdrive unit that comes on the trans with a trick valvebody to make it all work..... we've got one in the red shop truck... pretty sure you could set land speed records with that thing

Very impressive! I loved watching the vid

This is great for the sport, also.

Congradulations

It's just another overdrive unit bolted to the back of the original overdrive unit that comes on the trans with a trick valvebody to make it all work..... we've got one in the red shop truck... pretty sure you could set land speed records with that thing

I bet half the trucks here could set land speed records with the right gearing lol

Back