Supercharger pulley

Here's the cold pipe all welded up, it runs right into the turbo and there's a straight silicone coupler holding them together. Ruined my filter 90* trying to make it fit against the inner fender last night, it was the only one I had so if I do fire it it'll just be to hear it right now. :(

Working late tonight, nothing else getting done. Next thing I do will be the tensioner, I'll get a vid and whatnot so I have something to listen to while I try to locate another piece of pipe...

Here's the progress on the cold pipe, it was early and dark.

C2024EC5-5650-4D02-AF26-CE64B2BD118D-712-00000053D1D26C59_zps290b4e2a.jpg

EF9952AF-4FC6-4B6F-9464-75B77A1E0647-712-00000053D65F6163_zpse7203efe.jpg

Dat wrap.

26CBBBA4-8700-4A03-B724-6860862A02D4-1373-000000EAB64C3349_zps30c83b38.jpg

Almost got it ready to turn, testing position before I drill the tensioner's locating holes. My cold pipe is no longer lining up, of course, though I have no idea what happened. I'll see what I can do about tweaking it, make sure this pig is flat across its surface, then trying to locate another 4" 90* to attempt my inlet elbow again. More than a finger's width of clearance between the face/back of belt and anything else. Sides are a bit tighter in places, but I'm not too worried about them.

Awesome wrap! :cool:
There really is no reason belt slippage should be a problem, with the way you have it routed.

Mark.

Test run went pretty good, I've got a tracking problem where the belt wants to jump forward a groove on my drive pulley, a flanged idler would probably stop that, and my tensioner assembly sticks out a bit too far. Gonna bust its mount loose and scootch it back a hair, then try it again.

It's dead silent at an idle so far, a little bump in throttle gives a little whine though. I'll have to bump up my idle a hair anyways, that thing is mounted so far off the side it's rattling everywhere. I don't think I'd be able to keep screws tight on it if I let it vibrate like it is.

Spent the last 7 hours getting completely ****ed by that PS tensioner, I've used more cutting wheels on it's bracket today than I have on the rest of the whole setup. Went from jumping one rib on the belt at 1 to jumping two ribs at 9.

I really burnt it in this time too, I was sure I had it. :bang

I just packed up and left, I'll head over tomorrow and cut my cold pipe off there, then start this tensioner again from scratch. I saw it spin, felt some boost, and heard some whine. It held me over for today.

Hopefully I get my **** together tomorrow, I'm heading over first thing.

Last edited:
Alright, nailed it on the second try today. Tensioner is straight, and it turns out my idler I put beside the drive pulley was a hair off. You couldn't tell by looking down them, but it was so close to the grooved pulley it must have exaggerated the angle.

Now I get to pull it all off and weld it up. Then try to figure out a better way to make my cold pipe.

sounds like you're getting the bugs worked out in the drive though, thats progress!

If it seems like it goes too easy, then you're probably going to have to do it over. ;)

Mark.

Here's a little vid I shot when it turned out the belts weren't going full retard anymore. I've started plugging holes in the blower and rewelded the cold pipe (pulled the hell out of the plate :doh: ). Got to figure out an intake setup and hit this turd with some paint.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVMul36t3OM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVMul36t3OM[/ame]

Sounds awesome! I would love a Supercharger, just too dumb to make one work and too broke to buy a kit.

Taco- you going to need a lot 63hmore wrap on the crank.
IMO, the best way to route it would be alt, fan, water pump, crank, tensioner, and add an idler where the AC would be under the tensioner, then back to the alt.

Oh the wail of that 'Charger when you revved it up. :cool:
Puts a smile on my face and I'm not even the guy doing the work! :D

Mark.

Never really thought about the wrap on the crank, Carl. I will say that at this point I'll just be running it and seeing what happens. I'm getting pretty tired of wrenching on this thing, and tired of having to DD my motorcycle through all those downpours we had last week, so I'm going to get it together and see what's up. If I have to add an idler I will, but I'd like to keep this setup since they're both the same belt which is the normal AC belt off this truck so I can get it anywhere. It's not some random size.

Headcase, it's not really a smart thing, God knows I ain't the brightest thing around, it's more of a patience thing. Mine is wearing through quickly. LOL Looking back now, those kits aren't that bad of a value compared to all the headaches I'm thrashing through. I have a feeling that my truck is old/unique enough that a kit probably isn't even available.

I agree, mark, if I hadn't gotten that belt turning today I was thinking about pulling it all off, throwing my filter back on, and running it until I felt like messing with it again. I'm still going to be doing some good cussing as I try to straighten out that plate I pulled. :bang

Also, probably a bit late to check, but the fans fit fine. :rockwoot:
05640A2A-4081-4F70-B4A3-CE9A8AAF9825-2157-000001DC230207F1_zpsc957d5b2.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuck yeah, all sealed up and ready to try. Who wants a video of the boost gauge on this beast?!?

786FBFFA-B363-48C8-B007-0833AE6A7B55-902-000000F077FBCADE_zps4c2754be.jpg

Hey, bro, gonna test out your new setup? Be a shame if something went wrong.

Scumbagtensioner_zps8fccaef6.jpg

(Epic MS Paint skills, bow to them) The freaking locating pin broke off my tensioner. I think I forgot to tighten it all the way and after taking the belt on and off about 30 times it had had enough. :doh:
I'll order a new one in the morning and see what she does got right after work.

HELL YES I WANT A VIDEO!! :D

As far as the tensioner, jut drill it and put a dowel in there, that is if you don't drill into something important.
Hell, you could probably drill and tap it, then loctite the threads off a bolt in the hole.

Mark.

may give that a shot, Mark, then keep it around as a spare but that one's got a few years on it and since I put a new belt on it it may as well get a new tensioner too. I'll just consider it preventative maintenance.

Thanks, McG! I've got it narrowed down to a couple extremely tiny boost leaks in the blower itself, plus whatever ones are still on my aftercooler from where I had to weld it up. Hopefully tomorrow is the night I get to start putting body panels back on. :woohoo:

No fresh vid, Mark, but here's one I took with my phone after I shot the one with my actual camera. Turns out the phone records audio much better. You'd think a camera would have the whole package. :confused:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBETr0_oVik"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBETr0_oVik[/ame]

Air intake setup and waiting for my other 90* and another piece of 4" exhaust to finish my intake. It's not as tight as it looks there, it's not bolted flat to the blower and actually hanging towards the fender yet it's still clearing the inner fender.

D0C191E9-5658-46FF-9882-973B6260CF40-1967-000001F3BC908A96_zps02d04299.jpg

Oh, and I also got this little video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXl09fBF0d4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXl09fBF0d4[/ame]

:snoop: