sweetest engine build

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
alright guys I'm building a 6.0 from the ground up.

The engine I'm working with melted #1 piston and valves because of a stuck injector. Cylender wall was scored so it will be sleeved later this week.

I want to use stock crank, cam, rods and injectors.

Things I need to purchase:

Pistons and rings

Rod and main bearings

Heads redone maybe O-Ringed?

Head gaskets

Remote oil filter

EGR is gunna be gone

4 stock injectors

Complete set of rockers and bridges and HPOP line in head

Push rods

Intake manifold will be custom. I don't like the stock one. Plus it's too werid for twin turbos.

Exhaust headers? I have tons of room in the engine bay.

True twin turbos (one per bank)

FICM

ECM

I plan on spending 5,000 or so. Any suggestions on what to do? What vendors are the best of the best.

Last edited:
Also need a fuel system such as air dog. I don't want a stock fuel system. Needs to be capable of 700hp

And need

Automatic trans. Stock would be ok for now. Looking to spend $3000 on trans.

Will upgrade injectors and cam later down the road after I make sure the build is good. Don't want 10,000hp from the get go and me blow the thng up after 100 miles.

is that 5,000 plus what its guna take to rebuild the engine, cause u wont get twins,injectors, fuel system, headers, customs intake, studs, rebuilding for 5k let alone 10k

I'm saying 5,00 on just engine. Alone. I'm building intake, exhaust, and doing all work my self. 5,000 is just for parts alone. Ie; heads, gaskets, studs, 4 injectors, pistons, rings, bearings, and fuel system.

Yea uhhhh....good luck with that 5G's....you're gona get deep into the "or so" part.

So back on topic. Forget prices...

Who do I need to see about pistons, rings, studs, head gaskets, o-ringed heads, push rods, and stock rocker arms/bridges, and main/rod bearings.

All my machine work is free so I'm covered in that department.
All mechanic work is done by me and my best friend so got that under control.

:hehe: good luck, my rods ended up about 5k cdn by the time they were up here.....sweetest engine build has many levels. Seems to never end......

Come on guys,,,,read his name,,,,he wants to go fast

I think the rods and pistons are going to set up back almost 4gs not to mention a girdle. Then head work.....Porting alone will each a few dollars....Then injectors. If you want big than Tadd is your answer. Maybe a 2nd belt driven HPOP. I know they have done a few...again big dollars, Cam, roller rockers,,,,ouch another big dollar item.

Better start off with a good flat block to and then you need a boring plate...Tim...what did your set you back.

we all can go on. Nothing is cheap not even on Dodge or Chevy...

Here is what 5k gets you

Injectors,Turbo and fuel system///thats it

Have y'all not read any thing I've posted? Or just love smarting off to me?

Again I'm using STOCK crank, STOCK cam, STOCK rods, STOCK injectors.

I'm wanting to purchase a good set of pistons and rings, push rods, main and rod bearings, 4 STOCK injectors, and get my heads o-ringed with new head gaskets. And if you didn't read my machine work is free. As well as mechanic work. I'm building my own exhaust headers and intake manifolds.

Everytime I post or say anything on this board I get trash talked by atleast one person. I'm getting tired of it along with everyone else. I always try to help if I can. I do not know everything, that's why I ask a lot of questions. But I ain't brain dead iether. If you have any smart ass comente keep them to your selfs please.

Found pistons and rings for 1100 bucks
Pushrods will run you about 350
New injectors from Alliant are 380 apiece = 1520 bucks
Headgaskets from Hypermax are 475 bucks
Rod and main bearings 320 bucks
remote filter is 500 bucks give or take
FICM and ECM....call it 1000 bucks

That's a bit over 5 grand and you still don't have turbos, piping for twins, miscellaneous fittings, hose, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.

You're not gonna do what you claim for less than 10 grand but hey...what the hell do we know....we've never done this 6.0 crap before.

As for the smart ass comments....if you don't like the answer then don't ask the question. This ain't babyyoualong.com....you'ge gonna hear some stuff you don't want to.

Good luck...I hope you put more effort into this than that damned hood tip.

Now THAT was a smartass comment :D

i just got some mahle pistons(8) and rings for 650$. that was befroe they got modded though.

Wow Richard. Thanks. Oh stock injectors won't be in long. And I have SCT software so I can tune for anything. I'm still learning on it so it may take a while haha

Again I could be way off. I prolly am. But who knows. Time will tell. So far I have $850 into the entire truck so far. I set my goals high. Oh well.

ha man this dude is getting railed. thats a shame ha
hey since your on the toppics of 6.0's will you help with my prob? my post is right below this one

yeah Richard this 6oh stuff is all new to me and you. Think of how much money me and you spent just on the 6oh stuff. I tried almost everything out there from 190s and a stock turbo to 190s with vgtss and spray to 225 with a vgtss and a 102 jet(668hp) to my great twin turbo expierence and ported heads and some big injectors. This guy is even gona tune his own truck...Hey if you need the SCT software Ill sell you mine. I tried tuning some trucks now thats what innovative is for.I dont like tuning trucks like some and blow parts up.

Buddy, Do us a favor and keep us all updated in a thread. We all are about curiuos on how your Sweetest Engine build will go. Ill call Tadd directly and tell him Fuzzys motor has some competion now....

Instead of you spending money and not having a clue, I know Tadd is selling Fuzzzys motor and its basically the badest 6l money can buy( what I heard)

Good luck

Did I ever say I was gunna build an all out race engine? I never talked mess to another guy. Nor did i say that i knew everything about 6.0's and no one ekse had a clue I'm sorry y'all took it that way.

Richard, delete this post. It's setting a bad example for other viewers. Thanks.

Contact Beans Diesel or Elite. They seem to be into that ford $hit! You might want to look into a cummins convertion. I've seen some graet prices on some 24v. In the long run you will be on top. Not being a jerk, but seriously! Anyways good luck no matter what.

Contact Beans Diesel or Elite. They seem to be into that ford $hit! You might want to look into a cummins convertion. I've seen some graet prices on some 24v. In the long run you will be on top. Not being a jerk, but seriously! Anyways good luck no matter what.

Cummins in a ford is SWEET! Although this 6.0 I want to build is going in a Didge dually 1985. Even sweeter. I've been looking at elite. Seems like a good place. Thanks.

Back