Swole...Again!

It's obvious that it isn't working. His tips haven't been helping you one bit. If it's you or not. It's time to get it out of Georgia and try someone else. If not then get rid of it.

And where do you suggest he take it? Marysville?

This is the dumbest $hit I have ever heard......

There are about 47 different companies parts in this build, and advice coming from at least that many directions. And, since you have absolutely ZERO first hand knowledge other than what you have read on the internet, you have no real basis to make said conclusion. When you have a resume like he has, call us back.... then you can talk.

Most of which are sponsors on your forum. So ofcourse you must stick up for them. Going through this many engines. With different parts and combos. Still having problems. Then it's time to look in another direction. It's not WORKING!!!!! Your right I do not have a resume like him I had to PAY for my Chit.

And where do you suggest he take it? Marysville?

Tim Barber, Bean's, Raw Diesel, Sheid, Woodruff. Somewhere else other then where he is going.

It's obvious that it isn't working. His tips haven't been helping you one bit. If it's you or not. It's time to get it out of Georgia and try someone else. If not then get rid of it.

Okay, you got me confused!

Are you refering to Don for the injectors or Jeff Garmon as the engine builder??

The tips that slpit were old and had been thru two different upsizings. Along with plenty of WOT runs and pressure... Chit happens man.

As for Jeff as a builder, well he needs no defense! Nobody can say say anything bad about Jeff.

There are about 47 different companies parts in this build, and advice coming from at least that many directions.

I'm afraid the above statement would concern me.
Having a first hand experience with a having an engine built, the more guys I spoke with the less I felt confident about what to do. These motors are not cutting edge, infact they are pretty simple for the ranges David and I both run them in.
I'm nuetral in who built it and so on, but there comes a time when the consumer has to look and make a decision on what's best.
David's may feel as though he owes his builders and suppliers to resolve his problems, thats fine. However if it were me I would allow myself the opportunity to make the decision soley on what is best for the success of my engine and R&M.
Perhaps as many have said time to turn the page on this project.

Lots of opinions are based on looking only at the bad David has been through, maybe the fact that David built an outstanding friendships and shared beers with many is more important..

When it comes to spending 10k on an engine, once is enough and doing it over and over becomes exhausting.

Most of which are sponsors on your forum. So ofcourse you must stick up for them. Going through this many engines. With different parts and combos. Still having problems. Then it's time to look in another direction. It's not WORKING!!!!! Your right I do not have a resume like him I had to PAY for my Chit.

Tim Barber, Bean's, Raw Diesel, Sheid, Woodruff. Somewhere else other then where he is going.

You to go read ALL my old threads or go to my "History of Swole" thread!!! You'll see that most all my issues and failures had absolutely Nothing to do with the builders work!!

All my isues have just been dumb luck!!

First off its S-C-H-E-I-D. I have a funky last name and I hate it when people butcher my name, and I'm just oil field trash from Oklahoma.

Second, you are all wrong about taking up for sponsors. If we or I felt they were wrong something would be said. I say that as a member not a moderator.

I gotta go sit in the dentist chair so I will check back on this later.

First off its S-C-H-E-I-D.

I don't care if it's schwigglebottom.

Was it your idea to run stock head bolts? To cut the piston's down? Lower the Compression. You decided you wanted Monotherms? Monotherm's not obviously the problem but I think you get where I am going? Or all of theese your decisions?

hey big guy, enough with even bothering to read the trash threads, how bout a thout on this........ what nozzles are you running and what cut are the monotherms, ? are they cut 03/4 style pistons or 04.5 up? and are your nozzles spraying in the bowls of the monotherms or out ?

Was it your idea to run stock head bolts? To cut the piston's down? Lower the Compression. You decided you wanted Monotherms? Monotherm's not obviously the problem but I think you get where I am going? Or all of theese your decisions?

I dont see your point!

None of that had anything to do with any of my failures.

I had the stock head bolts hold 800 / 11.47@117 just fine... Went to 625's by my choice as insurance.

Lower compression worked great too! Never melted a piston and helped the head stay down... It rattled a bit more, but lived!

Mahle actually approached me! After I had enquired about them previously and he remembered me. Monotherms have not been a problem for joesixpack or John Robinson.

Jeff's track record for reliability is undisputed.

hey big guy, enough with even bothering to read the trash threads, how bout a thout on this........ what nozzles are you running and what cut are the monotherms, ? are they cut 03/4 style pistons or 04.5 up? and are your nozzles spraying in the bowls of the monotherms or out ?

The old ones were Dons nozzles (the not stock style) that were originally flux 2's... Upsized to 3.3's... Then upsized to 3.8's...
Now I have stock Cummins tips modded by Don and are 3.8 on size.

Monotherms are 04.5+ style with .075 valve pockets.

Never seen spray pattern yet.. Will soon.

My rattle is still there but goes away with boost as it always has.

I just did the lash again Sat. when I installed the New New tips from Don that he sent me just to rule out the injector / fuel theory... Set at .008 / .017 on a luke warm motor...

Swole, why did you set the lash at .008/.017?

I dont think its so much builders fault, as it is problems of common rails. 12valve is the way to go if you want a dependable hot rod.:rockwoot:

Lots of opinions are based on looking only at the bad David has been through, maybe the fact that David built an outstanding friendships and shared beers with many is more important..

When it comes to spending 10k on an engine, once is enough and doing it over and over becomes exhausting.

Rob, you are So right on the "Friendships" thing...

This truck has caused me so real big pains but in turn it has also made me SO Many friends and contacts, Like yourself... I love the fact that I know so many folks because of it and even though I've never met most of them in person, I still feel very close to them and Appreciate their Friendship Big Time!!

It would be nice to finally have a program that runs for a long while, but the learning is great too!

And, YES building these things 3 & 4 times now is Very exhausting!!

Swole, why did you set the lash at .008/.017?

Have been trying tighter lash setting for a bit longer duration to help spool a bit.... Plus the motor wasn't completely cold, so I allowed for that tiny bit of gap due the a completely Cold engine would show...

I checked with Fletcher on it with his cam before doing it... With my valve pockets in the monotherms and the slightly thicker HG I used, I wasn't too worried about clearance with tighter lash...

I call for a name change.

How about SPITSUP, because nothing but senseless drivel comes from his mouth.