TDI no power

Forgot to update this for my side...

The problem I was having just went away by itself... It hasn't "Limped" in several weeks...

WTH??

You just got lucky I would say. I wouldnt worry to much about it.

Sounds like my buddy's TDI guess it's time to pull the turbo and see how dirty she is! Any tips or tricks to getting that turbo out easier?

no im sure i can handle it but dont have much hands on with the VW i like my Cummins better. lol

You can handle it.

Take off the intake and have it and the EGR/ Throttle body thing cleaned while it's off then un-do the oil feed (order a new one it's going to brake off) then the oil drain and down pipe. There is a hidden bracket under it that you can see when you are doing the oil drain. Un-do the manifold nuts, dont loose the washers (thick ones). lift it out the top and your out..

While your at it just as well get the EGR block off parts or make them as I did and eliminate the EGR cooler also. damn thing adds about 45 min to the above mentioned procedure.

Parts;
Oil feed line
Exhaust and intake manifold gaskets
better order a few of those washers I talked about also.

Forgot..

If you need you can give me a call if you get stuck on something. Glad to help a fello CompD member.

I'll probably answer "The Car Doctors"

im going to try a new n75 valve and vacuum lines, i also need a pcv valve (oil everywhere in the intake tube) if that doesnt fix it ill clean the turbo up and if that doesnt fix it its time for a vnt17.

edit:and stage 3 rocket chip

Last edited:
There is no PCV valve on a TDI.

Vac line replacement is always good :)

really? hmm...whats that hockeypuck on top of the valvecover thats leaking oil into my intake tube?

Not really, that just means there is blow-by and its being pushed through it to fast to separate the oil out correctly.

There is a fix but I cant get into it right now. I'll try to get back on before end of day.

Not really, that just means there is blow-by and its being pushed through it to fast to separate the oil out correctly.

There is a fix but I cant get into it right now. I'll try to get back on before end of day.

Drain oil out of the cooler by removing lower also replace the PVC breather on the valve cover old navy style custom made search tdiclub.com