THATS it.... I have had enough of this NV4500.. Time for a 6spd swap..

Hell I have been seeing all the G56 guys going to built up NV5600s. I know my G56 is on its last leg...

Where did you see a G56 for 2 grand again?:Cheer:

they break cases i think, Jason Czerak broke his with only like 550hp at the time if i remember right.

I'm pretty sure he broke an NV5600 not a G56.

I'll bite...why is the NV4500>NV5600?

I'm pretty sure he broke an NV5600 not a G56.

I'll bite...why is the NV4500>NV5600?

The NV4500's break input shafts, that can be fixed. 5th gear can be fixed, and Ive heard rumors about aftermarket gear set availible for them.

The NV5600's break the main shaft, that can be fixed......once. And the synco's blow.

The NV4500's break input shafts, that can be fixed. 5th gear can be fixed, and Ive heard rumors about aftermarket gear set availible for them.

The NV5600's break the main shaft, that can be fixed......once. And the synco's blow.

Definitely agree with the synchros..mine are acting up and my truck is just over 100k.

I was just thinking out loud - I know the 5600s are rated to a higher GVW which should mean they can take more abuse. I have a few buddies that have killed more 5's than 6's so I was just wondering.

Yeah that is a good deal. I got qouted $3000 to rebuild mine with no syncros.

Well I just blew my 4500 today. Don't know what happened yet cause its still in the truck. I'm only running about 320hp at the wheels. Anyone know a good tranny shop around the indianapolis, IN area? Oh yeah, this tranny was a factory left over. I've got the 1-3/8 input and the the updated main for the 5th gear problem. I've only put about 15,000 on it. Any ideas?

good luck getting these things to stay together! im on my 4th one! and i stripped the teeth off both gears for the 2nd time BEFORE the buda dyno:doh: im like you, im giving it one more shot and if it doesnt hold together, im going to the 5600

Well I just blew my 4500 today. Don't know what happened yet cause its still in the truck. I'm only running about 320hp at the wheels. Anyone know a good tranny shop around the indianapolis, IN area? Oh yeah, this tranny was a factory left over. I've got the 1-3/8 input and the the updated main for the 5th gear problem. I've only put about 15,000 on it. Any ideas?

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=673329&postcount=15

This guy has a tranny for sale at a decent price... Just spent 1033.:bang.. He fixed a few other small problem that I have been neglecting as well..

a eaton 8LL or 10 spd would be nice too... you'd have to run a divorced transfer case though.. if you break sticks constantly and want to shift with a stick and not swap to a auto I'd look at that ..jmho

NV4500's are stronger than the NV5600 just my .02 and when it blows just buy a new one from high impact

Do not switch in a G56. I'm going to be switching to an auto soon so I dont have to worry about it

ive been researching the 5th gear ratios, there is a 6.34 and a 5.61. if you guys were rebuilding one of these, which ratio would yall use? i would think the lower ratio would be stronger? or am i wrong? sorry if im hijacking the thread..

ive been researching the 5th gear ratios, there is a 6.34 and a 5.61. if you guys were rebuilding one of these, which ratio would yall use? i would think the lower ratio would be stronger? or am i wrong? sorry if im hijacking the thread..

No difference in the internals except for the first gear.

I've got parts on the way for mine after I stripped 3 teeth off of the countershaft 3rd gear.

Aren't the cases different between the 6:1 and 5:1 gearboxes? Chevy was the only one to get the real low first gear, and they had a different housing. AFAIK, there are 3 different cases for the 4500, two chevy (real low first, and just reg low first gear), one dodge. Anyone confirm/deny that?

i love my nv4500

have a gear vendors behind it so i dont have to tow in 5th gear

only did the output shaft upgrade but not making the power you are perhaps

i also put the fast coolers on both sides so it holds more fluid ie coolant

those trannies get really hot when you show them some hp

i boiled the lube outta the vent on one of them

if you keep it get the fast coolers

don

i love my nv4500

have a gear vendors behind it so i dont have to tow in 5th gear

only did the output shaft upgrade but not making the power you are perhaps

i also put the fast coolers on both sides so it holds more fluid ie coolant

those trannies get really hot when you show them some hp

i boiled the lube outta the vent on one of them

if you keep it get the fast coolers

don

Where did you get the coolers? Also wanting info on the gear vendors is it compatible with 4x4?

http://www.fastcoolers.com/

yes, you can use a splitter with iether 2 or 4 wd

once you get one you are gonna wonder why you waited so long

makes driving the truck so much more fun

i dont use the computer box - just a red sw on the shifter

dont forget to put it in low range when you are stopped if you do that tho

have fun

don