The 03 1500 12 Valve Conversion has begun.

Chris Mallett

12ver Swap Idiot
We have started a conversion on a 2003 1500 RCSB 2wd. This will be my Father in Laws truck (Danny) when it is complete. This is the reason for the Many "us" and "we" references that will follow. I have some teaser shots of what we have done so far.

100_1600.jpg

100_1603.jpg

100_1610.jpg

100_1617.jpg

100_1619.jpg

100_1623.jpg

100_1627.jpg
[/QUOTE]

100_1630.jpg

100_1631.jpg

This is how the 12ver mounts did not line up, Custom mounts were built by Ben and Danny and will not be posted before testing them out. :1tooth:

100_1628.jpg

100_1629.jpg

100_1633.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Why not use some CR mounts?

And thank you for being the guinea pig, Im contemplating this too.

CR mounts are too wide, wont work on this one. Was going to swap out the 1500 radiator, IC, etc out for 2500 stuff, but the framerails are narrower on the 1500 as well.

Hey Roachie, did you find a good website for wiring schematics? I am going to need a starting point at least. I want to put a CR tone ring and crank sensor on it, remove the oil pressure and water sender from the 360 gasser, and figure out how to work the 47rh with the PCM of the 03 360. Any help?

The stock 1500 driveshaft was shortened today and put in, now sitting on stands to pull fuel tank and install draw straw after the unleaded is removed.

Hey Roachie, did you find a good website for wiring schematics? I am going to need a starting point at least. I want to put a CR tone ring and crank sensor on it, remove the oil pressure and water sender from the 360 gasser, and figure out how to work the 47rh with the PCM of the 03 360. Any help?

I have access to the oem wire schematics and alldata. Hanyes manual would be very helpfull.

I think this is gonna be the next project on my list, very cool. I liked Garmons alot.

That will be a sweet ride.. i've been wanting to build something like that myself but everybody's got dreams lol

That will be a sweet ride.. i've been wanting to build something like that myself but everybody's got dreams lol

Thanks, Danny has been itching to get back into a for a while, spotted one of these at TS and was hooked. We found the engine and trans a month later and the truck three weeks ago.:woohoo:

Ben fabricated the support brace tonight that runs under the oil pan now, set back just enough for clearance. More emissions stuff was removed from the frame, and the fuel tank may get pulled tomorrow night. Stay tuned!

Roachie, I am going to need those schematics as well. Should I piggyback the 95 PCM to the 03 gasser or run the 12ver and 47rh from the gas PCM? Hope somebody can shed some light for me.

Ben fabricated the support brace tonight that runs under the oil pan now, set back just enough for clearance. More emissions stuff was removed from the frame, and the fuel tank may get pulled tomorrow night. Stay tuned!

Roachie, I am going to need those schematics as well. Should I piggyback the 95 PCM to the 03 gasser or run the 12ver and 47rh from the gas PCM? Hope somebody can shed some light for me.

Just get a standalone to control the trans.
The 47rh only needs the O/D and lockup grounded out. I use toggles switches right now.
Suncoast makes a controller for $450 that controls lockup and O/D.

Here is a pic of the crossmember that had to be dropped for pan clearance.

100_1648.jpg

And the drawstraw installed into the stock basket:rockwoot:

100_1650.jpg

100_1651.jpg

Id go with a stand alone or a couple toggle switches.

List what you need and Ill get into alldata and see what I can get.

Thanks Guys, but the Standalone is out of price range for a while, BUT I know he will want it to work like factory.

Roachie, can you tell me what pins power and ground the 95 PCM, and if the 95 and 03 share the same voltage signal? I here some are 8 volt and the newer are 5 volt.

I can get the pin outs, not so sure on the voltage inputs though.

Which sensors do you want the signals for?

Id just use the sensors from the 03 gasser, would be far simpler. Just figure out what it draws a signal from for the tach, be it the cam sensor or the crank sensor.

The signal from the gasser would be from the distributor. This is why I thought about a CR tone ring and sensor.

Let me get the sensors swapped around and I will pick your brain when I know what I need, not just speculation. Thanks for your help!

No problem, just let me know.

Look at how many teeth that tach sensor pics up on. All you have to do is have something machined to match that count.