The 03 1500 12 Valve Conversion has begun.

This is still coming along, real slow though. Wiring questions are a plenty, but we are getting there...Radiator, power steering cooler and a/c condenser is back in place, need to make lines for the a/c.

This is still coming along, real slow though. Wiring questions are a plenty, but we are getting there...Radiator, power steering cooler and a/c condenser is back in place, need to make lines for the a/c.

I'll see what voltages i can find too Chris let me know what sensors you're looking for. I can't wait so see this thing run :rockwoot:

What are you going to use for an IC?

I've also been thinking about doing one of these, and have a spare 12V out back that should be put in something...

What are you going to use for an IC?

I've also been thinking about doing one of these, and have a spare 12V out back that should be put in something...

IC is still a question, I saw over on 4BTswaps.com that a super duty 7.3 IC will bolt directly to the radiator support, but the inlet and outlet are pointed toward the radiator and a/c condenser. Maybe we can use the core from the SD IC and add new end caps? I dunno, not at that point yet but any ideas would be great!:poke:

I'll see what voltages i can find too Chris let me know what sensors you're looking for. I can't wait so see this thing run :rockwoot:

John, I just purchased a complete set of service manuals from e-bay (5 Chrysler books) to be able to tell the pinouts and location of everything. We have one for a 95, and information is great in that book. Slowly but surely, money is gonna slow us down from here.:Cheer: If it cant be done perfect we will wait until the funds are available to do it right. :snoop:

IC is still a question, I saw over on 4BTswaps.com that a super duty 7.3 IC will bolt directly to the radiator support, but the inlet and outlet are pointed toward the radiator and a/c condenser. Maybe we can use the core from the SD IC and add new end caps? I dunno, not at that point yet but any ideas would be great!:poke:

What is the problem with using a Dodge intercooler? Too wide or has it just not been looked into yet?

Jeff Garmon would probably be able to shed some light on it...

Have you started plumbing the radiator yet, or just set it back in the truck? AC lines should be easy enough, same with PS lines. Are you running the vacuum brakes from the vacuum pump on the 12V? How is the fan to radiator clearance?

What is the problem with using a Dodge intercooler? Too wide or has it just not been looked into yet?

Yes the framerails are too narrow on the 1500 to fit a 3rd gen I/C

Jeff Garmon would probably be able to shed some light on it...

The pics of his shows a custom built I/C and all of the other stuff is stock 1500 coolers other than trans.

Have you started plumbing the radiator yet, or just set it back in the truck? AC lines should be easy enough, same with PS lines. Are you running the vacuum brakes from the vacuum pump on the 12V? How is the fan to radiator clearance?

AC lines are gonna be a PITA, PS steering lines a walk in the park. Vacuum is hooked from 12ver pump to 1500 booster and the rest is hooked to that. (Cruise and interior controls) Gonna put an electric fan on, about 4.5 inches from radiator to alternator pulley.

Not having looked under the hood of one of these swaps...., why are the AC lines going to be so complicated?

I have a couple diagrams that might help but I guess were not allowed to upload photos the the site anymore.

5_9_trans.gif

982wd1.gif

982wd2.gif

982wd3.gif

Thanks for the diagrams, I think we have a set of service manuals waiting for us at the garage now. Found a set on e-bay. Should be able to figure out anything with a 95 and 03 full schematic of wiring. I don't think I am that dumb, but stay tuned!

Edit: If I cant figure it out I will turn it over to Danny and Ben, I will drink beer.

Not having looked under the hood of one of these swaps...., why are the AC lines going to be so complicated?

Notice where the a/c compressor is on the 360 in the pics and think where the compressor is on the Cummins. The high line will be fine, it is the low line from condenser to compressor to drier. Chris

Notice where the a/c compressor is on the 360 in the pics and think where the compressor is on the Cummins. The high line will be fine, it is the low line from condenser to compressor to drier. Chris

A good hydraulic hose shop should be able to make whatever you need. When I did my Ford Cummins swap, my local shop was able to make the AC lines up with off the shelf parts to go from the Ford chassis to Dodge AC compressor.

okay im am close to buying a 1500 that i found. I know this is an old thread but what did you ever figure out about the intercooler? How did everything turnout? Was it worth the hassle? Thanks

Still working on it, but money (or lack of) has stopped major work. Will keep it updated when we get going.

Well, we are going to hit this hard in the morning, have a lot of stuff to add on now. Need to pull the stock fuel pump and filter can for an AD 150 to be plumbed, insert a 48RE trans and install the exhaust. Majority of plumbing coming together, P/S cooler hooked up, radiator hooked and heater core, has been started in truck. The driveshaft needs to be changed again, need to find a way to hook an automatic 3rd gen shaft to the 9.25 chrysler rear. Any ideas? Will have more pics hopefully tomorrow.

any updates i just got my 1500 today waiting to pick it up in texas. im putting a 6.7 in mine though. how hard you think it will be i bought a whole truck 4x4 im goin to just swap evey part that i can rearend and frond axle inside dash electronics and all. can you pm me on the motor mounts thanks