"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

There is a good chance a few organizations will go to a single 35" tire, 2.6" protrusion, and maybe T4 rule next year. I don't see one guy hesitating to buy 2 new tires/rims to be able to keep pulling.

2 tires is probably OK, agreed.

Most likely the RSV and dual CP3's will be left this year, but I don't think they belong in the 2.6" class. It would be no different for someone with an ag governor to change back to an auto governor, I don't think either would have a hard time reselling what they have(RSV, CP3's).

OK Weston, answer me this,

You take away a CP3 and you cut CR power in half.

You take away the RSV and you cut mechanically injected power by _______ ?

I don't see a single CP3 cutting the power in half, dropping from an RSV to an RQV won't necessarily cut the power by a great deal, but I just don't see the need for an ag governor in the 2.6" class.

Or, let's say Industrial's new Double Dragon CP3 works. Cost $2100. Just to get back to where I was.

Take away RSV....how many pesos?

Max on a stock CP3 is like 550-600 maybe, so it's cutting it by 25+% unless you spring for the whoopdeedoo version.

Stock suspention travel. No hanging wieghts. Heres a better idea. Pull your tow pig on a trailer to the pulls with the pulling truck so you have a way home if you break your pull truck. If you can't drive it there or pull a trailer with it, it goes 2.6 pro. If you drove/ towed in with it, 2.6 street. I personally like enjoying my trucks more than 300 ft at a time, but to each thier own

The issue with single cp3 vs p-pump trucks isn't as much a vol. of fuel issue or pressure issue with the CR but rather a matter of lag in the CR system. The pull will be lost completely in the first 75-100' where the single cp3 is suddenly getting jammed for fuel request at max psi. It clearly can't keep up with the initial stab and falls on the rail pressure... after few feet it is able to catch up and flow similar numbers to a set of STOCK dual cp3s but everyone knows those initial feet where you can't get the most momentum going early will kill them at the big end.

In a tight competition with several full tilt trucks of all makes, IMO the CR trucks (or at least Dmaxes) will suck the hind teet compared to a full tilt p-pump pulling truck. Heck, they already do with some of the trucks running around this part of the country (KY). :(

If dual cp3s are eliminated, it would kill the competition in the class IMO.

Just trying to keep this objective...

It sounds to me like the only thing being taken away by the elimination of the RSV is the rumpy low rpm behavior. A "streetability" or "appearance" kinda thing.

It does not take away any power.
It does not take away RPM capability.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not seeing what taking away that governor really does, in a technical sense.

I understand the concept, it was discussed a few years back. But, are you saying that there needs to be no limit on tire size, pump configuration, or turbocharger as long as they have the correct restrictor plate? Because that is what I am taking from this;

I'm willing to bet, that a restrictor (if sized properly), would limit power enough that it would minimize the effects of dual pumps, huge tires, and huge turbos. Flipping a class upside down probably will deter more people from pulling. Make manageable changes and work from there. A $50 plate seems manageable. I'm willing to bet, guys running big power now and turning duals may realize they no longer can with a restrictor. It may solve other "issues" on it's own.

Just trying to keep this objective...

It sounds to me like the only thing being taken away by the elimination of the RSV is the rumpy low rpm behavior. A "streetability" or "appearance" kinda thing.

It does not take away any power.
It does not take away RPM capability.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not seeing what taking away that governor really does, in a technical sense.

Recovery rate, kind of similar to the dual CP3 issue. An ag pump will recover RPM than a DOT.

The 2.6 class is basically already out of hand. This whole protrusion deal is a joke in my opinion. I'm no turbo guru but i'm pretty sure your common guy out there who's been running the same charger for even just a little bit of time or heck if he/she bought one yesterday may not have the "protrusion" so not only are you causing the "cheater" (whatever gets defined as one) the legal guy also has to go drop more coin on a turbo to be "legal". The 2.6 class was first made to put a level playing field for all these workstock problems and here we sit with more problems than workstock....There are some pretty sick single cp3's out there so no duals wouldnt break a CR guy's hopes and dreams completely, but i wouldnt see why duals would be just crazy to allow. This 1" of travel deal is crazy though its just that much harder on parts. If you go that route guys will find a way to block or not squat and get around the rule. Lets just cut to the chase make one set of rules, Full time 2.6 charger however you get to it, block the trucks up, hang your weight, put your duals on if you feel like it'll help..and lets go pulling...I'm a 2.6 CR guy who still likes to drive my truck and I feel like if these rules are too much for me to handle the workstock class is still there..it didnt go anywhere so i could go play there if i wanted to...but hey what do i know. just my two cents

Lets just cut to the chase make one set of rules, Full time 2.6 charger however you get to it, block the trucks up, hang your weight, put your duals on if you feel like it'll help..and lets go pulling...

Um, that's essentially what we have now with the NADM 2.6 rule set.

One thing that seems to be escaping the discussion is that there is a valid WS class that has reasonably stout trucks in it. IMO that class could be promoted more at local events.

It's in between WS and 2.6 that's the wooly swamp.

The advantage of the RSV and dual CP3's is not volume, or RPM, but maintaining fuel @ RPM.

I'm willing to bet, that a restrictor (if sized properly), would limit power enough that it would minimize the effects of dual pumps, huge tires, and huge turbos.

I don't see it that way. I only see it effecting the air side of things, traction and the ability to maintain fuel flow at a higher RPM or rate will still be there.

Weston I think what's going to happen is that a restrictor plate is going to be somewhat of a RPM control. You're not going to able to spin a motor as hard down track with all the inlet depression the plate is going to cause.

But again it needs a test to find out.

Um, that's essentially what we have now with the NADM 2.6 rule set.

One thing that seems to be escaping the discussion is that there is a valid WS class that has reasonably stout trucks in it. IMO that class could be promoted more at local events.

It's in between WS and 2.6 that's the wooly swamp.

If thats the rule set now then why cant we just keep it all the same? If the rules keep changing or requiring more and more people will compete less and less...

If thats the rule set now then why cant we just keep it all the same? If the rules keep changing or requiring more and more people will compete less and less...

A fair number of people think the class needs to be pulled back a bit and we're debating the ways to do that.

2.5" charger. Air side controlled & brought back into perspective. I'd be much more in favor to change chargers than run a 2.6" with a restrictor.

^^^You still have the same can of worms...protrude/not protrude, MWE rules, wheel sizes, etc....just a hundred thou smaller.