"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

While still stupidly easy & relatively quick to check, it will require someone (tech) more effort to unhook plumbing, make completely accessible for visual & spec measurement, and take a lot more time than just doing the same charger slug measurement that is already used now but with a 2.5" slug instead of 2.6". Power will be brought down immensely with no other changes needed. Problem solved.

Slug checking a Dodge is alot easier than doing it on a DMax or Ford (usually). You have to pull the intake off to check the inducer of a turbo, it should be no different for a restrictor and actually may be easier on a DMax or Ford.....

Yeah I think if you made them to fit right inside the nose of the charger, you could make it reasonably simple and quick to tech.

But it needs evaluated first to see how it actually does.

I just can't see telling people that they have to run X tires and Y pumps and Z chargers. It's insane.

our class for the 2.6 are street mod trucks. no hood stacks, no bigger than 2.6 chargers. 1 ton or below. we dont allow hanging weights . weight is 8000 lb. fuel only .dual wheels cant be wider than 102 inches. we allow traction bars and bump stops with 1 inch travel. all trucks has to be legal to run on the road. insurance , license etc

As far as the restrictor plate idea, I dont see how that is gunna be a whole lot different than NADM rules now. Anyone can still run huge comp wheel chargers and draw air through a smaller orifice. Isnt that what we have now? How will this limit the class or tame it down. Again, we need to figure out first what we want the rule changes to accomplish. 1. Tame the class? 2. Tighten the class up? 3. Get back to the idea of street trucks? 4. ????. I personally am more for getting the organizations on the same page with a unified set of rules first, and then lets figure out what we want that class to be second, and make actual rules third. I truly disbelieve the inducer bore (or restrictor plate) is going to do anything for the class. If turbocharging is where we want the change to be made, the rules will have to be more indepth (like exducer limits), but thats not easy to tech. So round and round we go.*bdh*

I just can't see telling people that they have to run X tires and Y pumps and Z chargers. It's insane.

So should we allow the trucks to run any turbo, tire, and pump as long as they have a restrictor plate XX in size? By the way, I got the chance to pull in the 2.6" class @ a MWP event today, first time in quite a while, should back up the claim you say that I have NEVER competed.

So should we allow the trucks to run any turbo, tire, and pump as long as they have a restrictor plate XX in size? By the way, I got the chance to pull in the 2.6" class @ a MWP event today, first time in quite a while, should back up the claim you say that I have NEVER competed.

Wow, you want to continue the pissing match?

You pulled once in a long time and now it's all cool? OK man. You WIN.

Didn't say anything about continuing a pissing match, just thought it might be food for thought for you, before you go making assumptions. You side stepped my question.

As far as the restrictor plate idea, I dont see how that is gunna be a whole lot different than NADM rules now. Anyone can still run huge comp wheel chargers and draw air through a smaller orifice. Isnt that what we have now? How will this limit the class or tame it down. Again, we need to figure out first what we want the rule changes to accomplish. 1. Tame the class? 2. Tighten the class up? 3. Get back to the idea of street trucks? 4. ????. I personally am more for getting the organizations on the same page with a unified set of rules first, and then lets figure out what we want that class to be second, and make actual rules third. I truly disbelieve the inducer bore (or restrictor plate) is going to do anything for the class. If turbocharging is where we want the change to be made, the rules will have to be more indepth (like exducer limits), but thats not easy to tech. So round and round we go.*bdh*

No, Casey, a restrictor plate would behave differently than what we have now. I could explain it to ya but quite honestly it would be easier to do it over the phone. They are very effective in other forms of racing and I have a strong belief that it will work here too.

However, it needs to be tested in a real world truck such as yours.

So should we allow the trucks to run any turbo, tire, and pump as long as they have a restrictor plate XX in size?

That's the idea that I believe deserves a try because it is known to work in other forms of racing....the Audi and Peugot diesel LeMans cars have to run them. Formula SAE cars run them. It's so doggone simple. Some of the other ideas floated here would result in thousands of dollars of changes and no one can predict how well they will work (if at all) and whether or not they affect all brands equally.

I have seen first hand evidence on compressor maps what a plate does.

I am not saying it is the perfect solution, but is by far the easiest to test and by far the least expensive.

Leadfoot is the one who suggested the idea, so it's not mine, but again, why should we not test it? It's going to take minimal effort and if people are worried about the cost, I'll supply a set myself for testing.

And just one last time so everyone gets it, I'm not looking to change the rules, but if we do change the rules, it better be something good. Not something ineffective and expensive.

:Cheer::clap:LOL
And everyone has to wear blue shirts if the pull is on monday, and you can wear black shirts if the pull is on the weekend, unless its the last weekend of the month, then you have to wear a green shirt.

I understand the concept, it was discussed a few years back. But, are you saying that there needs to be no limit on tire size, pump configuration, or turbocharger as long as they have the correct restrictor plate? Because that is what I am taking from this;

No, Casey, a restrictor plate would behave differently than what we have now. I could explain it to ya but quite honestly it would be easier to do it over the phone. They are very effective in other forms of racing and I have a strong belief that it will work here too.

However, it needs to be tested in a real world truck such as yours.

By restrictor plate, are you meaning like a non removable bushing?

I understand the concept, it was discussed a few years back. But, are you saying that there needs to be no limit on tire size, pump configuration, or turbocharger as long as they have the correct restrictor plate? Because that is what I am taking from this;

Yeah, I am saying, if the flow through the orifice is say 85-90 lbs/min, how much does the rest of it really matter? Maybe very little?

I'm not saying I know 100% what it will do. I've said 20 times now, let's test a $50 idea that might work. That's all.

I guess it's just my gut feel that if you start eliminating X pumps/govs and dual tires and 35" tires, a lot of guys will say "pound sand" because of the dollars involved.

4 new tires for my truck, $1200. New pump, $3000+++. C'mon, you've got to see the pain in that, man.

Outlaw my perfectly working dual CP3 setup and I walk away from this for good.

Yeah, I am saying, if the flow through the orifice is say 85-90 lbs/min, how much does the rest of it really matter? Maybe very little?

I agree with the concept of the restrictor plate, and also that it may very well work, but you have to have some limitation elsewhere.

I 4 new tires for my truck, $1200. New pump, $3000+++. C'mon, you've got to see the pain in that, man.

You pull with a tire larger than 35"? You cannot resell your twin CP3's to cover the cost/most of the cost of a single?

A thin plate orifice that sits at the nose of the compressor housing. All flow would go through it...inducer bore + MWE groove.

Ok... Ok... I get what your saying. Yea that would be different than what we have now and would prob limit air flow w/o all the trickery. However, Weston has a legit point on the fact that there should probably be other restrictions. IMHO, No Ag govs, water inj, pro-style hitchs, and so on.
Also, the two of you need to get over it (what ever it is). Its not helping anyone.
I think if we are serious about doing something with the 2.6 class rules, we should pick a set (like NADM) and pick it apart. What to keep and what to change. Get the changes together and do a poll of 2.6 pullers. just an idea$.02

I agree with the concept of the restrictor plate, and also that it may very well work, but you have to have some limitation elsewhere.

You pull with a tire larger than 35"? You cannot resell your twin CP3's to cover the cost/most of the cost of a single?

No, I have 35"s...thought you were saying somewhere we needed to go to 33"s.

No, you can barely recover the cost of the kit because no other pullers will want them...and there will be multiples for sale, driving the value down.

I agree, additional limits may be needed, but let's go step by step.

I just don't know how many dually guys will drop out if we say no duals and/or make them buy all new smaller ones. I'm concerned about that. I don't run 'em (yet).

There is a good chance a few organizations will go to a single 35" tire, 2.6" protrusion, and maybe T4 rule next year. I don't see one guy hesitating to buy 2 new tires/rims to be able to keep pulling.