The build starts, 320 cdi with stand alone ecu, twin turbo

This looks interesting. Have an idea of what these will put out power wise? And what kind of propulsion are these going to be coupled to?

Power goal is 400 HP, problem will be to find injectors big enough.
The garretts are ok for 240 to 250 each

Mercruiser Bravo 1 drives I am using

More fragile as compared to gas motors?

I like your thinking!

I'm pretty curious as well, I'd love to see a dyno graph when/if there are any.

No, compared to a diesel engine from a truck like the cummins.

I don't understand the thinking remark.

Offcourse there will be a dyno, how in the world you think we map these?

I wonder if the bravo will hold the torque once you reach 400? Or since these are smaller cid will the torque not be as much as expected?

And you said 2 of these engines. What kind of boat may I ask?

I wonder if the bravo will hold the torque once you reach 400? Or since these are smaller cid will the torque not be as much as expected?

And you said 2 of these engines. What kind of boat may I ask?

Well, the bravo doesn't like torque going sky high at low RPM, once it gets going there is no problem.

Also we are using 2 little VNT turbo's to control the torque, we are trying to have similar power & torque as a 502MPI (at half the weight :hehe:)

Actually, I am a small waterski boatbuilder, so we build ourself...

_DSC5244.JPG

flanges

IMAGE_A261C084-F66B-4614-8894-CED62C61D7CC.JPG

Almost done :)

IMAGE_CAC1E7B9-D090-44F8-85E6-5CC7213CDFD6.JPG

Intercooler

IMAGE_29567357-A900-40AB-87F4-B23A50905B1A.JPG

Anyone has used these china intercoolers? I want to use 2 of them on each engine...
They any good?

Last edited:
No, compared to a diesel engine from a truck like the cummins.

I don't understand the thinking remark.

Offcourse there will be a dyno, how in the world you think we map these?

I ment I liked the idea of adding a supercharger if she lacks the low end grunt you're looking for. And I figured you would dyno, I'm just saying I'd like to see the graphs when you. :D

Also, that boat looks great! I love that style.(We've always played with Jets and V-drives here)

Last edited:
I ment I liked the idea of adding a supercharger if she lacks the low end grunt you're looking for. And I figured you would dyno, I'm just saying I'd like to see the graphs when you. :D

Also, that boat looks great! I love that style.(We've always played with Jets and V-drives here)

Oh ok :) Yeah the supercharger... well it is a pain to fit and keep the engine compact, we will see

Here is an outboard :

DSC03181.JPG

Those boats look like a blast, I wish I could find a similar hull here. The ones we see with a deep enough V are far to heavy.

With those water to air coolers and unlimited cooling , ( lake water) you shouldn't have an issue running just one per engine.....

only messed up 2 90° before getting it right

I don't like the metal work :(

2morrow more cutting & welding ...

IMAGE_589D1184-A615-4B00-BFD6-F6D220D99239.JPG

IMAGE_B9B5FBFD-3BFC-4EAB-8D0F-537B386D452E.JPG

looking good, are you going to include a crossover between front 3 and back three exhaust manifolds to even out pulses? you could do it as a link from header to header, with a blow off valve in between.

Last edited:
I might recommend you wear gloves while welding, the uv put off by those things is crazy. I get sunburned when I don't wear gloves and sleeves

looking good, are you going to include a crossover between front 3 and back three exhaust manifolds to even out pulses? you could do it as a link from header to header, with a blow off valve in between.

I asked my tuner the same thing...

Answer : No need because we use 2 backpressure senders ...