the official smoke on the water 2010 thread.

sad part is my truck has never seen mud. A dirt road is about all...
Now's a good time petey, lets hope them terra grapplers got it in em. I went through it with my dakota last year with grappy bald azz goodyears, and will be going through with toyo proxies. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of the tires Shambo had and he went through it all with 4wd.

new spot looks great. we need to trim about 20% of the trail in and its 80% sand. so 4x4 is a must. no mud holes. then it opens up to a large open area with lots of big oaks. the new spot has a much smaller lake with a dirt boat ramp right at the swimming hole. it's perfect for an 18 ft flats boat or v hull speed boat. it just across the hwy from the old site.i will post pics sometime after lunch. looks like you will fit in there pete, with a little trimming.

new spot looks great. we need to trim about 20% of the trail in and its 80% sand. so 4x4 is a must. no mud holes. then it opens up to a large open area with lots of big oaks. the new spot has a much smaller lake with a dirt boat ramp right at the swimming hole. it's perfect for an 18 ft flats boat or v hull speed boat. it just across the hwy from the old site.i will post pics sometime after lunch. looks like you will fit in there pete, with a little trimming.
Is 4x4 a must for light vehicles? Or just the big heavy trucks?

the trail to the slab would be un-passable for anybody with a nice truck. matt would not be able to bring his camper/truck down this trail with out some damage and the other site was flooded. not to mention the 2 big mud holes we had to go through. the new location is much larger and open enough to accommodate 50 plus campsites. but has some sugar sand. but no mud. we will have to trim the trail in a dozen places, which would only take a couple of hours. the other trails would need days worth of trimming with a tree co.

the trail to the slab would be un-passable for anybody with a nice truck. matt would not be able to bring his camper/truck down this trail with out some damage and the other site was flooded. not to mention the 2 big mud holes we had to go through. the new location is much larger and open enough to accommodate 50 plus campsites. but has some sugar sand. but no mud. we will have to trim the trail in a dozen places, which would only take a couple of hours. the other trails would need days worth of trimming with a tree co.
Why didn't you bring the camera? I would have liked to seen how high it was at the old spot. Maybe we'll venture over with matt and his jeep.

i wouldn't recommend 2 wheel drive unless you have somewhere to pull from on you'r front end. kurt's 4x4, will have to pull me through with my dakoda.

arial map

new location

Attachments

• sotw new location.jpg
    sotw new location.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 17
kurt is promising to bring the computer cable for his camera tommorrow.

P1010074.jpg
here's the spot for this yr's S.O.T.W. 2010
P1010075.jpg
P1010078.jpg
P1010077.jpg
P1010072.jpg
P1010070.jpg
P1010071.jpg
P1010073.jpg