The thing I hate about my truck.

crewgirl

Inmate #28
I can't stand that UGLY grey plastic on the front bumper. I've been looking around and can't seem to find replacement pieces in black or even chrome. Do they exist? Where can I find them? It's so ugly and it needs to go bye-bye.

Your local Auto body shop should have bumper coating in black. Kind of like a paint and rhino lining mix.

Or a Sport bumper cover... I think it just snaps on over that. I hate my gray plastic also Anna, don't worry, you're not alone LOL

I think I'm going to Rhino-line mine eventually

I'm not sure, I'm up in the air over spraying over it or removing it first.

If I did spray over the top, I would definitely mount the plastic to the metal a little better. Either small carriage bolts or for the cheaper person, self- tapping sheetmetal screws LOL. The clips that hold that thing to the metal are just to flimsy IMO. I think 1/4" carriage bolts would work nicely and probably wouldn't even show through the coating...

Self tapping screws and Krylon plastic paint FTW!!

brandon2.jpg

girl get u some{ plastic coat } paint and mask it off and spray it on it will look brand new

That doesn't look half bad Joe... how did the paint hold up to the carwash/pressure washer?

It got the normal rock chips, but hte pressure washer didn't do anything to it. I think the key was the prep. I spent two days getting all the grease off of it and then painted 3-4 very light coats until it was as dark as I wanted.

i was told by linex their stuff doesnt stick to plastic unless it completely wraps the piece of material. it will just peel right off if not even with all the prep work.
later,
ac

Well, I kinda wanted to keep the bumper chrome. I just wanted the plastic piece a different cover. I think I'm gonna try to paint idea cuz IMO it can't look any worse than that ugly grey crap right now. Thanks for the input guys! I'll post some pics when I get it done.

I can't stand that UGLY grey plastic on the front bumper. I've been looking around and can't seem to find replacement pieces in black or even chrome. Do they exist? Where can I find them? It's so ugly and it needs to go bye-bye.
get the sport bumper like turbo mat looks killer!!!!

they make a chrome piece to go over the bumper on ebay there like 80 bucks gets rid of the upper grey plastic for some bling.

Yeah I found alot of places that sell the chrome replacement for the upper grey thing. But still can't fine something to replace the lower grey thing.