The time has come! Engine build advise.

Cozze44

Junkman
I've decided its time to shell out some pennies, and rebuild my engine. I'm not looking to make 1000 horse, to be honest i'm not sure where i'd end up with power wise, but I have an idea of what I wanna do.

New main and rod bearings (General Freshen)
Pistons- RV275
Push Rods- Hamilton
Valve Springs
Head Studs
Balancer- Fluidamper
Cam- Nothing crazy just a Hamilton drop in should work well.
Head Ported and Polished
New VP pump

Already have a 63/68 14 from T$, a Steed manifold, and ARP studs.

I need help with a pump, i'm thinkin a Hot Rod pump would best suit my needs as my charger really isn't that big, and from what i've seen they seem to be reliable. Any input would help, thanks guys!

I've decided its time to shell out some pennies, and rebuild my engine. I'm not looking to make 1000 horse, to be honest i'm not sure where i'd end up with power wise, but I have an idea of what I wanna do.

New main and rod bearings (General Freshen)
Pistons- RV275
Push Rods- Hamilton
Valve Springs
Head Studs
Balancer- Fluidamper
Cam- Nothing crazy just a Hamilton drop in should work well.
Head Ported and Polished
New VP pump

Already have a 63/68 14 from T$, a Steed manifold, and ARP studs.

I need help with a pump, i'm thinkin a Hot Rod pump would best suit my needs as my charger really isn't that big, and from what i've seen they seem to be reliable. Any input would help, thanks guys!

Guess I should say, I have 150 DDP injectors, Airdog 4G for fuel already.

what are you running for tunning? i am not a fan of the hrvp's.

Currently have edge juice w/ att and so3. I know its prob not the best but trying to work around that combo.

I'm in the same process with a similar set up to yours. If you want a little better mileage, I would recommend that you put HO pistons in and have the spray angle on the 150 injectors changed.

Phuck the hrvp. I would either go SO or monster. I haven't heard enough good about them to pay the extra coin.

I'm in the same process with a similar set up to yours. If you want a little better mileage, I would recommend that you put HO pistons in and have the spray angle on the 150 injectors changed.

I'll look into this, my truck gets great mileage right now, so to keep it the same or better would be nice, thanks.

Phuck the hrvp. I would either go SO or monster. I haven't heard enough good about them to pay the extra coin.

I'm looking at a hrvp because I can get one with a stealth cover pump tap, and the guy will still warranty it. And ofcourse its the right price.

Something wrong wit the engine now?

No, its got 216K on it, runs great. I just want to freshen up the whole truck. My rear just blew up so i'm gonna swap in a Dana 80, give my trans a once over, and I figure while I'm at it lets make it live forever.

If it runs good now and doesnt use oil, i wouldnt dick with it. You can do your valve springs and studs with the head still on.

My engine looked great at 220k miles(been modded for 60k)

If your going to go through that much work maybe you should consider a p-pump swap?

Believe me I did, I just like the tuneablity of the electronics. I tow, DD, and pull so its nice to easily tune with a few pushes of the button.

If it runs good now and doesnt use oil, i wouldnt dick with it. You can do your valve springs and studs with the head still on.

My engine looked great at 220k miles(been modded for 60k)

I know it'd probably run great for a long time, I just wanna get more outta this pos vp with some peace of mind.

I don't know, from what I've read and researched, I'd probably just go with an SO pump.

With the juice, I would stay with the SO pump. In fact I would anyway... I'm not sold on the hot rod pumps. There are companies that will warranty the SO pumps even with a wire tap.

My 02 has ~260,000 miles, ~1900 1/4 mile passes, tows my 05 to the out of town races, and has never had the bottom end apart. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Paul

With the juice, I would stay with the SO pump. In fact I would anyway... I'm not sold on the hot rod pumps. There are companies that will warranty the SO pumps even with a wire tap.

My 02 has ~260,000 miles, ~1900 1/4 mile passes, tows my 05 to the out of town races, and has never had the bottom end apart. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Paul

This!

Paul

MEH! Can't a guy build somethin round here?! Haha

So i ended up buying that short block from Blacks Diesel. Picked up yesterday in Carolina, looks great and nice guys as well. I know i def don't need billet rods, but it was suck a great deal that I knew I couldn't pass it up, and if I every really wanna built the S*** outta this thing I don't have to worry about the bottom end. I should have the motor out monday or tuesday. Gonna send the head out to get ported and polished. Debating on if I should O-ring, Fire ring or just leave it bare?