The time has come! Engine build advise.

3rd Gen heads especially '06-up flow better, and don't have the obstructive hump in the floor of the plenum near the intake opening.

Last edited:
Maybe someone can chime in on this, but I was told a good ported vp head will flow equal/or less than a stock 06 head?

Maybe someone can chime in on this, but I was told a good ported vp head will flow equal/or less than a stock 06 head?

once they are both ported they flow the same according to c-tech performance. i swapped to a cr head. i did do some porting on the exhaust side and exhaust valve bowls. didn't really have to touch the intake side. noticable difference in spool up when i had the he351. lower egts as well.

once they are both ported they flow the same according to c-tech performance. i swapped to a cr head. i did do some porting on the exhaust side and exhaust valve bowls. didn't really have to touch the intake side. noticable difference in spool up when i had the he351. lower egts as well.

I think i'm just gonna stick with my plan to port my existing head.
I've been shopping around for info and prices on HRVP and SOVP. If an SOVP is just a stock pump, why do a lot of people on here prefer them, reliability?

I've been shopping around for info and prices on HRVP and SOVP. If an SOVP is just a stock pump, why do a lot of people on here prefer them, reliability?

Cheap and about the same hp capabilities of a hrvp

original SO on my truck and i would just port your stocker.

Cheap and about the same hp capabilities of a hrvp

this!

original SO on my truck and i would just port your stocker.

this!

Hmm, well I don't want to use a Monster Pump, but I know I need more fuel, already HAVE 150 injectors and big connector tubes.

Try something bigger like mach 7s. They worked good on my truck back when I had a 63/68/12 comp and a few other tid bits.

I can't imagine trying to drive my truck with a bigger injector and this small turbo.., Mach 7's with a 63?

I can't imagine trying to drive my truck with a bigger injector and this small turbo.., Mach 7's with a 63?

Thats what i'm thinkin, gotplenty of fuel down low thats for sure. I'm gonna see about a redline box to get my top end movin.

If you're going to have it apart, balance the rotating assembly.

Well its a good thing I pulled this thing apart, cracked number 3 piston.

that is where your smoke is coming from.

I know... They were in the truck when I bought it. It cleans up on a run but down low, not so much. Debating in 7x.010 or.012