The time has come! Engine build advise.

My mach 7s drove nicely, I liked them alot. Could have used a little bigger charger, but I enjoyed them.

I know... They were in the truck when I bought it. It cleans up on a run but down low, not so much. Debating in 7x.010 or.012

with your current turbo....7x.010s but if you are gonna twin it....012s

7x.010s.....loved them with the he351 and the bastage 66 i ran.

SO vp pump,good lift pump, edge drag comp, 7 x .010-.011 with good work set up right, and stock connector tubes. Thats all you need fuel wise for high 500's to low 600 hp. Fun to drive on the street also. My take on the redline boxes is that its all or nothing, they have bad manners at part throttle. Accept fuel to 3k and build around that(cam, turbo, porting)

Time to get this Sh** Box running again...

Engines done, rest of the truck is rebuild, ready to get this thing rolling again. Never started a build thread so I thought I'd list what I did...

Engine:
07 Common rail bottom end
Coated New 07 CR Cummins Pistons
Billet rods (overkill, but for future endeavors)
Ported Exhaust side of head, and o-ringed
Custom Aluminum oil pan
Hamilton HD Pushrods
Hamilton #110 Springs
Hamilton 188-208 Cam
Steed 2nd Gen T3 manifold
ARP Studs
Fluidamper Balancer

Turbo:
Manning Motorsports 63/68/14

Fuel:
SOVP w/ stealth cover wire tap
7 x .011 injectors by Weston

Tuning:
Blue Chip FMS box
Smarty

Cooling:
Custom Electric Fan set

Steering:
NAPA Reman box
Borgerson Hi-flow Pump

Had trans freshened by local trans shop.
Dana 80 3.55 limited slip w/ Mag Hytec Cover swapped in for POS Dana 70

Basically wanted to build a powerful DD for now, eventually doing a P-Pump swap, but that's a little ways down the road. For now expecting around 550 hp clean DD that I can pull confidently with next season. Motors going in tonight!

Attachments

• Picture 081.jpg
    Picture 081.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 085.jpg
    Picture 085.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 086.jpg
    Picture 086.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
did you do a cr head as well? looks good!!

Nooo, I would have liked to, but i sunk alot of money into other areas so i figure a vp head will suffice, and eventually got mill the side off when I ppump it...

Thanks all, put a lot of work into this thing, I can't wait to beat on it! :rockwoot:

Drove my truck down the road for the first time last night, runs great, even without a tuner.... Only problem is, its puking oil out of the crank case breather. I did some reading and found that it could be either a bad vacuum pump, orrrr bad rings witch i really doubt. The vacuum pump was good on the old motor, what are the chances that it went bad sitting around??? Any other ideas of what may cause this?

Too much oil will too. Make sure you have the right amount with your new pan