Thinking of going back down...

03powerstroke35

I have a 8.5 on 37's right now and love the ride, and looks but want something new, I want to run 22's and dont know what size tire, thier are a few trucks i have in mind, Dalpilot, unbroken and a few other that really look good the way they sit, help what to do??

I love the way this truck looks.
1BAD250.jpg

03powerstroke35 said:
I have a 8.5 on 37's right now and love the ride, and looks but want something new, I want to run 22's and dont know what size tire, thier are a few trucks i have in mind, Dalpilot, unbroken and a few other that really look good the way they sit, help what to do??

I love the way this truck looks.
1BAD250.jpg

where was that picture tacken? that loocks like my old neighborhood behind 8 st.

dj

Thats a 2 wheel isnt it? I want to drop mine but no one makes a kit that I am aware of. Enlighten me Ryan

djdieseltech said:
where was that picture tacken? that loocks like my old neighborhood behind 8 st.

dj

LOL Sweetheart, that is Javier's truck (poolman) I took that picture remember? When you showed it to me last night I didn't make the connection either :what: Guess Alzheimer's is kicking in :doh: Atleast we're going down together :cheer:

Thanks,
Vivian

The only way I can think about lowering the front of a 4x4 would be to swap out to lighter springs (i.e. if you have the 6000# springs or 5200# springs maybe swap to the 4800# springs up front) and the rear is easy.

Never get it as low as a 4x2.....but a bit lower to make some 22s and lo pros look better.

As for Dalpilot's truck.....I believe it's just stock height??

Rich's truck is low.....but it could be lower :D

DCSpecial said:

Tim has a DR mini kit. Ask him how the install went LOL LOL

couldn't you do a spring under maybe with the front and rear axles?

2001shrtbedcmns said:
couldn't you do a spring under maybe with the front and rear axles?

On the front....you only have so much room before your diff will contact the engine crossmember.
If you go soft enough on the springs.....you'll damn near be riding on the bumpstops anyway.

That...and the 05+ trucks are coil springs.....so no spring under there :D

For the rear....the F-250 has a ~2" block and the F-350 is ~3.625". So, pulling the block will most likely take you as low as you need to go to match up with the front.

I'm getting ready to switch my front end to coil-overs. I'm going to grab most of the components from a 6" lift and just custom make the links. I will keep you guys posted as to how much lower we can go. I'm doing it for a softer ride not for a lower ride.

DCSpecial said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial

Tim has a DR mini kit. Ask him how the install went

pay attention, clown :eek:wned:

He did the minipack install without removing the trac bar :hehe:

He called me after it was done whining....first thing I asked...."did you take off the track bar?" He said no....and I started laughing. LOL

Oh yea...the truck pictured here...I got to see it in Florida...it's gorgeous in person.