This is why you secure your load...

I have a set of frame hooks with lots of options for frame holes. I cris cross my chains at both ends. I used to secure the axles but I dont like the bounce. I'm amazed at how some peoples stuff ever stays on a trailer.

What was a SRW truck doing pulling this load to begin with????

doesn't matter if it was SRW or DRW.. he was way over his limit.

Still a damn good thing he actually knows how to tie a truck down though. Law here in WA is 4 points.. Most everyone only uses two. I like straps though myself for anything I tow. Don't haul any heavy equipment so no need.

I laugh at the way people strap stuff down especially trucks when they run a chain over the rearend then under the diff then back over and put 1 binder on it. It loosens up within 5 minutes and they cant figure out why

I always chain my truck like this and have never had a problem. One chain on each end of the truck with a ratchet binder on each chain. Never came loose or anything,

I have hauled alot of heavy equipment (375 cat track hoe etc) and more chains the merrier

Travis

I also only use two heavy chains and two rachet binders when hauling either of my trucks. However after looking @ that picture I think I'll start throwing 2 of the 10K rachet straps on there now as well!

The very most important thing to remember, is safety. Forget about what would happen to your load if the chains/straps would slip or break, and think of the lawsuits and personal grief, if the load falls on to another vehicle, or is struck by another vehicle, and injures/kills an innocent motorist. In this "era of the lawsuit" you would lose everything, and could end up in jail.
Secure the load properly, if you don't know how, ask someone who does.

Scary view from the drivers seat.

Contrary to DOT regs and safety chains, when this occurs, I want that trailer the hell away from me!!!! :D

That looks like a sucky ride. How in the world did in not flip?

Contrary to DOT regs and safety chains, when this occurs, I want that trailer the hell away from me!!!! :D

That looks like a sucky ride. How in the world did in not flip?

strong hitch and too heavy of a trailer.. I have seen an S10 blazer get rolled with a car trailer behind loaded down with gravel.. couldn't quite make a simple turn :hehe:

I do give him credit on the good tie down..

I use 2 chains and 4 binders on everything I haul.. and When i haul the Processor i Rachet strap the Boom and the Head down.

Last summer I slide our F350 Dually sideways and took the GN trailer loaded witha JD 550G Dozer to the Passenger side.. It messed up the side a bit.. Nothin 4wd and another truck pullin the trailer backward didn't fix

I totaled out a dodge jacknifing a gooseneck no load but a wild ride

know anything about campers

Not sure which forum I should be on, but I am looking at a 1992 Monaco Dynasty with a 5.9 that originally was 230 horse. Has a banks pack on it and is now about 270 horse. Is a 5.9 big enough to push a 34' bus

Not sure which forum I should be on, but I am looking at a 1992 Monaco Dynasty with a 5.9 that originally was 230 horse. Has a banks pack on it and is now about 270 horse. Is a 5.9 big enough to push a 34' bus
Ever see one lay 4 strips of deep dark rubber?:evil

I have a Class A CDL and used to haul heavy equipment with a lowboy or a Tri axle dumptruck with a 20ton pintle hitch trailer and DOT are pretty strict on oversize load stuff but on almost everything i use 2 chains 4 binders the chains have to be long and the binders have a big hook on one end and the trailer has D rings all the way doen the side. I can chain stuff down pretty quick like this. I have a picture with me hauling a 627 scraper. I laugh at the way people strap stuff down especially trucks when they run a chain over the rearend then under the diff then back over and put 1 binder on it. It loosens up within 5 minutes and they cant figure out why

X2, same way I do it.

wish i would have gotten a pic of what i saw at the gas station guy pulled his small tractor with a half ton (hint small tractor) the car trailer was to wide so he put a 2-6 for the right side to ride on while it broke the tractor fell threw right front wheel was now on the pavement right back wheel was just in the air. Every where you look there are idots

when I pull my big rig,....I use 4 straps that are well over the rigs rated limit.

100_5290.jpg

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

I would give him credit because he didnt loose his load on the trailer, but proably got one in his short. :hehe: In reguard to tieing down things it all depend on the load.

How many chains does it take for 240k net?:hehe:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG00012-20090419-0738.jpg
    IMG00012-20090419-0738.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 128