This is why you secure your load...

240k net huh? how about 2 packs of the orange ratchet straps from the home deport?

i see there are weight police in this thread that dont know between man recommend rateding nad DOT ratings :bang

when I pull my big rig,....I use 4 straps that are well over the rigs rated limit.

100_5290.jpg

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Securing that would be the least of my safety concerns. That looks like a few drinks away from the emergency room. And from the looks of the bent roll cage you know what I'm talking about.:hehe:
240k net huh? how about 2 packs of the orange ratchet straps from the home deport?
Actually they don't use any, but since the truck is limited to 15mph it's not much of an issue. :rockwoot:

Securing that would be the least of my safety concerns. That looks like a few drinks away from the emergency room. And from the looks of the bent roll cage you know what I'm talking about.:hehe:

:hehe::hehe:

26 minutes old,...and I rolled it.

25382.jpg

32026.jpg

32028.jpg

32031.jpg

Kinda sucks Honda turned the sweet ATV's the odyssey and the Pilot into a gay van and an SUV.

It's not a Odyssey,...It's some foreign thing I ordered from awesomebuggies.com

I missed this thread originally. I used to do a lot of flatbed hauling years ago, as already suggested - a cheater bar with chain binders can work wonders.

I've managed to have a race car fall off the trailer. I had a hook bolted to the frame with two 7/16" grade 8 bolts, and they broke. I still suspect they were counterfeit China-made crap, as the frame section should have failed before the bolts. The car bounced off the trailer and tore up the slicks and the bottom of the body, as the rear tie-down kept it from falling completely off. That trip I added safety chains as redundant tie-downs (not tensioned, but there in case everything else fails). Years later I had a cable break (using a heavy cable with a tie-down winch from a regular flatbed trailer), and the safety chains kept it in place.

Inside my enclosed trailer I use redundant ratchet straps. I used to criss-cross them, but now I do each side independently so that if one breaks it is still well secured. If I have space for it, I usually run 3 straps each front and rear.

Regards,
Michael Pliska