thoughts on aurora 4000

thats what i thought when the dyno operator gave me the graph. Will i have a problem spooling the turbo with only 100hp sticks?

thats what i thought when the dyno operator gave me the graph. Will i have a problem spooling the turbo with only 100hp sticks?

It's a little high because you dyno'ed in CO. Look on your sheet and see what the correction factor is. If ya make it up North near Brighton give me a shout and you can ride in my truck with the 66 and see what ya think.

i might just do that. what size injectors are you using? what correction factor should it be?

I've got one, it's a lil slow to spool with my Jammers. But I really need to upgrade to some decent injectors. It runs hot but I think that's my Jammers more than the turbo... I have to make sure to throw timing at it or it gets toasty quick. I don't have anything else to compare it to, as this is my first turbo other than the stock HY...

Specs I found online a while back where:
Compressor Wheel Inches Millimeters
Inducer 2.48 63.00
Exducer 3.63 92.28
Exhaust Wheel Inches Millimeter
Inducer 3.00 76.43
Exducer 2.76 70.14

I haven't been on a dyno with my setup but my times at the drag strip tell me (according to calculators) I'm in the 450ish hp range. I'm hoping to dyno closer to 500rwhp but my injectors I think will hold me back. I ran up at the 1/8th mile 8.8x's with a really poor 60' time (like 2.2-2.6)...

Oh and I run mine daily with the smarty on sw2 and drag comp on 3x1.... Timing from the smarty or the drag comp really helps spool the turbo...

Oh and once it hits 20psi it hits hard! Which is around 1900-2000rpm on mine....

It goes almost instantly from 20-48psi with drag comp on 5x5... Hammer on it from a dead stop and it rolls tons of smoke up to around 20-30mph (the jammers are smokey) then turbo lights and spins the tires till they hook or you back out... at least that's how mine is...

Last edited:
Only a little derail....Anybody tried a 4000 as the top charger for a set of twins?

what size are your jammers? what kind of egts going down the track?

Jammer 4's. EGT's going down the track I honestly never looked... only ran about 3 or 4 times. But on the street I can hit 1800 if I try... But that's everything set on kill.... Also everything I've read about the Jammers though is they are hot and smokey, so I plan on getting a set of F1's at some point... probably Mach 5's or 6's... Then I'll see how my EGT's look and determine if I need to upgrade turbo's.

Will the A4K work with a turbo mount exhaust brake or does it require an HX40 downpipe

On my aurora 2000 it has the ability to use the stock elbow so a turbo mount e brake will work, with the option of buying a true 4" outlet for a hx40 style downpipe. of course there will be more restriction with the hx35 elbow.

Will the A4K work with a turbo mount exhaust brake or does it require an HX40 downpipe

On my aurora 2000 it has the ability to use the stock elbow so a turbo mount e brake will work, with the option of buying a true 4" outlet for a hx40 style downpipe. of course there will be more restriction with the hx35 elbow.

I actually have the A2K right now and using my exhaust brake with it. I'm just wondering if the A4K will do the same thing.

not trying to thread jack just seems everybody posted knows more about turbos then me and i have a s200 i believe 57-58mm ish would this be a s258. would this be much of an upgrade over a stock hx35. and how much power would it be good for. everything i find on it says 350 to 500 rwhp, but it is on ricer forums

i recieved the turbo for free brand new just wondering if it worth the work of installing it.

63/70

Its a great turbo(all ATS turbos are). It handles Mach 6's well, spools pretty quick, EGT's are managable. FWIW ATS builds their own turbos. It may be loosely based on something else, but anybody thats owned one knows that its not just a modified turbo, like most everything else on the market. The design, especially the compressor housing, is unlike anything else I have seen.

ATS customer service and warranty is unmatched.

S475 or S480

Seems from what little I know that those would make good power, I'm a little worried about the streetability of a 4000 over something big combo. Seems like if I stuck with ATS (They've taken GREAT care of my truck so far) a 4000/5000 combo might be a little to close in size, 4000/6000 might be interesting if I could spool it at altitude. thanks to everyone who's helping educate us newbies:thankyou2:

63/70

Its a great turbo(all ATS turbos are). It handles Mach 6's well, spools pretty quick, EGT's are managable. FWIW ATS builds their own turbos. It may be loosely based on something else, but anybody thats owned one knows that its not just a modified turbo, like most everything else on the market. The design, especially the compressor housing, is unlike anything else I have seen.

ATS customer service and warranty is unmatched.

Do you happen to know what the exhaust housing size is?

ats told me the a4k that i have is a .85 a/r turbine with a 63mm compressor wheel and 70mm turbine wheel

Back