thoughts on aurora 4000

And what makes you say that?

I'll answer that,... because I've yet to see a wastegated ats turbo. For what they charge you can get a wastegated turbo with a smaller housing for quicker initial spool up and the same flow.:thankyou2:

I'll answer that,... because I've yet to see a wastegated ats turbo. For what they charge you can get a wastegated turbo with a smaller housing for quicker initial spool up and the same flow.:thankyou2:

A wastegate isn't needed if you're fueling setup and turbo are properly matched. There are non-wastegated turbos that spool up just as quickly as equally sized wastegated turbos. Also ATS is very competitively priced, hardly any of the competition has prices as low as ATS's prices. Their turbos are designed by Bullseye and so are HTT but there is a very decent price difference between the two. The only direct bolt on turbos that are as cheap as ATS's is BD.

63/70

Its a great turbo(all ATS turbos are). It handles Mach 6's well, spools pretty quick, EGT's are managable. FWIW ATS builds their own turbos. It may be loosely based on something else, but anybody thats owned one knows that its not just a modified turbo, like most everything else on the market. The design, especially the compressor housing, is unlike anything else I have seen.

ATS customer service and warranty is unmatched.

I would agree ATS is great.

I have had a ATS turbo with a wastegate, they will build anything you want.

I currently run the A6K which is a s476.

The A4K is a good turbo and yes, its a 63/70.

A wastegate isn't needed if you're fueling setup and turbo are properly matched.
I will agree with that.
There are non-wastegated turbos that spool up just as quickly as equally sized wastegated turbos.
Non gated turbos spool up FASTER than the same size gated turbo
Also ATS is very competitively priced, hardly any of the competition has prices as low as ATS's prices.
ATS prices suck ass, atleast 30% more than the competition
Their turbos are designed by Bullseye and so are HTT but there is a very decent price difference between the two.
their turbos are designed by borg warner, so are bullseye's and htt's
The only direct bolt on turbos that are as cheap as ATS's is BD.
BD's s300g is $1200, (msrp $1400) ATS's a3000 is $1500 (msrp $1600)

my .02

Here are prices from Xtremediesel

Super B single price=1268.25-1330

Aurora 3000 price=1338
The Aurora 3000 is 5 percent more expensive than the Super B single's cheapest price.

Super B special price=1638.75

Aurora 4000 price=1450
HTT 64 price from Purediesel=1890
Industrial Injection's 64 phatshaft price=1800

The Aurora 4000 is 12 percent cheaper than the Super B Special but then again the 4000 is a 63/70 and the Special is a 64/71.

I'll agree, the MSRP is high on the 3000 but the MSRP for the 4000 is actually lower than the MSRP for the 3000. Also the compound sets are cheaper from BD than ATS.

i run a aurora 4000 i like it for street driving it performs good on the road and spools fast and its a good turbo to make around 600 hp. on the road i can make right at 50 psi

i run a aurora 4000 i like it for street driving it performs good on the road and spools fast and its a good turbo to make around 600 hp. on the road i can make right at 50 psi

Have you ever towed with the a4k, if so how well is it.

I just picked up a3k to put on my truck. Didn't want to go to big and have lag running 38" tires and figured later on it would make good for a top in twins if I go that route. I'm hopping for mid to high 400's on the dyno, seen a non wastegated b1 make 489 thats a 62/65/14.

I just picked up a3k to put on my truck. Didn't want to go to big and have lag running 38" tires and figured later on it would make good for a top in twins if I go that route. I'm hopping for mid to high 400's on the dyno, seen a non wastegated b1 make 489 thats a 62/65/14.

The A3K is a lot like the Super B single except non-gated. 57/65/13 or 14

i put down 410whp (about) on a stock hx35 and it was HOTTTTT. and i was thanking it was about to come apart.

I put out 321/783 with my hx and stock injectors. Rolling 38" tires as well. Mickey MTZ's. I would think mid high 4's with that much tire will be plenty for this truck. Now if I ever build a normal height one say for a lil sledpullin or drag racing then I'd love alot bigger numbers.

I put out 321/783 with my hx and stock injectors. Rolling 38" tires as well. Mickey MTZ's. I would think mid high 4's with that much tire will be plenty for this truck. Now if I ever build a normal height one say for a lil sledpullin or drag racing then I'd love alot bigger numbers.

i would image your are loseing alot of HP running 38's

Back