thoughts on bumping up compression

Seems to be working well on the CR's so I don't see why not? Guess bumped up compression good head and a cam with a small turbo is a great setup on the CR's so should still apply to the 12V.

Mine is going to be around that mark. Not a 12v, but still a p-pump.

You going to adjust the oil pressure some how? bigger oil pump?

Oiling should not be the problem....

Head gasket might not like it, but I would think it would be pretty nice for daily driving duties. Should spool chargers nicely.

Chris

i doubt ill do anything to the oiling system. what about running high compression in a puller?

in a gasser you deck head right? I'd imagine you'd need to fill in the bowl and/or increase stroke.

with 20+ my buddy started bending rods so they had billet ones put in but it makes some serious power

on a diesel puller i would lower compression,force feed that baby!

street i would up it about 5-10 points,you could do that with head gaskets/mill head.
if you mill the head you need to know your pistion to valve clearnce!!! but it should only need milled about .010 to do that.

my race motor is set up at .005 of clearnce at top dead center,that really really tight!!

i will see if i can find that fourmala.
you could run a smaller bowl in you head/or pistion.
or you could deck the block,inturn this will make the pistion stick out of the block,then that will change your valve to pistion clearnce. unless you destroke the motor. or use a pistion that has a diff rist pin location,thats higher up in the pistion.

hope this helps in some way,theirs more but. . . . it kinda get crazy